Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how can i transferring hard-copy photos into digital format

• 03-09-2012 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

i have over 200 (paper) hard copy photos that i developed out of a disposable camera and i really really need to transfer them into digital format for work with out taking every single pic of 1 with a camera or scanning them on a computer and losing there quality,is there any company around the Munster region that do this type of work,thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

sky 1 wrote: »
    i have over 200 (paper) hard copy photos that i developed out of a disposable camera and i really really need to transfer them into digital format for work with out taking every single pic of 1 with a camera or scanning them on a computer and losing there quality,is there any company around the Munster region that do this type of work,thanks

Well that is your only choice to scan the all in one by one, some scanners are made for photo scanning and come with an add on that allows you to scan in the negatives that come with the photos

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sky 1

could u recommend any 1 in the limerick cork kerry region that could do it,dont have time with work to be doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Photography Forum, may have more luck there.

If they're only 4x6 or 6x8 though, you'd do them yourself in a few hours with a half decent scanner, 600dpi resolution and save them as tiffs or pngs. Not Jpeg.

You don't really have to do them one by one, you won't notice the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

sky 1 wrote: »
    could u recommend any 1 in the limerick cork kerry region that could do it

e-Celtic in Dublin?

Torqay wrote: »
    e-Celtic in Dublin?

lol :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Let them push your envelope then...

YZYN3.jpg

The only commercial scanning and digitizing service I could find anyway.

Here's another one...

Galway, looks good....what am I missing actually...can't be free..

Advertisement