Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat trip Galway Harbour

Options
  • 03-09-2012 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody knows anywhere that will do a boat trip around Galway harbour for about 20 people. Just looking for a half hour trip during the day.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Not sure about the harbour but there are a few companies doing Corrib cruises if its a thing that you're looking to entertain people.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dub in Louth

Thanks Lapin. Have looked into the corrib cruises but they don't run in November when we going. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

There is the Tarrea Queen. They organise tours in the bay.
    However, I don't know how many people they can cater for and whether they are still out and about in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There is a boat which does charters normally moored across the road from Padraigs bar in the docks. It doesn't look like it would hold 20 though but I wouldn't really know. I can check on Wednesday or should be able to find you someone who knows if anybody can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dub in Louth

Thanks guys.

Yes that would be great if you could find out for me. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭ratracer

google truelight marine. They do a lot of boat charters in the bay

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There is a boat which does charters normally moored across the road from Padraigs bar in the docks. It doesn't look like it would hold 20 though but I wouldn't really know. I can check on Wednesday or should be able to find you someone who knows if anybody can do it.

The guys that run it weren't around but apparently it is only licenced for 12 passengers. If you want their number send me a PM.
    I've been reliably informed that any charters from the docks are limited to 12-14 people due to health and safety reasons. Twenty+ years ago they could take double that but now all the boats have to have three chambers so passengers can move back in the event of water coming into the first one or whatever.

Advertisement