Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbo Cider Question

Options
  • 03-09-2012 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, just put the juice and yeast into demi john 2 days ago... Maybe I missed the fermentation but it just seems to be fizzing non stop since with no sign of the Kraussen yet! Is it too early yet or do i need to chuck in more yeast... OG was about 1050

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Spike78

What were the ingredients? What type of yeast and how much did you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Spike78 wrote: »
    What were the ingredients? What type of yeast and how much did you use?

About 4 litres apple juice ( ill put another one in later after fermentation)
    Generic yeast with sweetner
    100 gm sugar
    Squirt honey
    Cupatea

Pretty standard, maybe took much sugar?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

The fizzing is a sign of fermentation. Sometimes there is no krausen. Sounds like you're sucking diesel tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Spike78

+1 for Khannie's advice.

Ok thanks folks I suppose I should be more worried if nothing was happening..

So anyway, I just topped up the final 1L of juice just to get some alcohol out of that too (Seeing as how it's unlikely to foam over)..

Anyone ever used the Tescos cloudy (pressed/not from concentrate)? that applesaft from lidl or aldi seems to be the preference here!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Armelodie wrote: »
    100 gm sugar
    Squirt honey
    Cupatea

Why the tea use, do you let it go cold and then chuck it in

stuchyg wrote: »
    Armelodie wrote: »
    100 gm sugar
    Squirt honey
    Cupatea

Why the tea use, do you let it go cold and then chuck it in

Ya tea for tannins, to give it a bit of pucker... About a big cup of four bags brewed and let cool, although I use tea leaves,

Thanks, folks worked out fine,(bit too sweet with all the honey I threw in though), Bottled 2 weeks ago and tasted the weekend...not bad too for a turbo cider, I think I'll give up with the 'purist' apple chopping/pulping/pressing method..

Advertisement