Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any funding available for postgrad in uk?

• 03-09-2012 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey there,

I currently hold a degree in animation (I've been holding it under my arse since I got it in 2007, thanks to the recession) and recently I've spotted a Masters I'd REALLY love to do.

Only hitch is, the fee. I foolishly assumed that like the undergrads, I'd be able to get a student loan, but no such luck.

I'm working full time, but I literally just got the job, and realistically I'd only be able to make enough for the fees and not anything for moving to England.... I need some kind of support if I'm going to do the Masters next year. I'd rather not push it forward another year due to the rapidly changing nature of post grad courses.

Is there ANYTHING available for postgrad students from Irish who wish to study in the uk?

Also, if it helps, here's the course I'm applying for :)http://www.tees.ac.uk/postgraduate_courses/Computer_Games/MA_Concept_Art_for_Games_and_Animation.cfm

ANY advice / information would be hugely appreciated... thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Moved to NI & GB Colleges

There's a link with some information here - I'm not sure if it's just me or whether it is actually really poorly written? Sorry I'm not more help, hopefully someone more familiar with the ever-changing rules will be able to advise!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Yunalesca

Thanks a million! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 marmalady

I'm in the same boat really! I seen that you can get a grant for 2000e for postgrads.. i guess it depends where you are studying though! I'm studying in Belfast.

Advertisement