Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Greyhound Bin Charges in South County Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭watergal

I would agree with the last poster .. I switched from greyhound at the start of Oct. Two weeks later there was a note in my letterbox to say I had missed a call from a greyhound rep who wish to discuss my change of provider.

The reason for my changing provider was due to the total cock up of bin collections at the beginning of the year. Then on the last collection at the end of Sept, I came home to find my black/grey bin lying on the road outside the house, with the wheels pulled clean off. Seems like the bin was chucked after emptying and either the waste truck some other van/truck drove over the bin. I have asked Greyhound twice to come and pick up the unused bins. I have also sent in a switch form to ask Greyhound to pick up the bins weeks ago, yet 6 weeks later I now have 6 bins ( one which has to be propped up against the others as it has no wheels)...

Would I switch back -- Not on your Nelly !!
    I'm going to contact greyhound yet again on Monday to ask where I can bring the old bins to drop off seeing as they seem unable to collect them.

I just want rid of all traces of Greyhound at this point ..

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

watergal wrote: »
    I would agree with the last poster .. I switched from greyhound at the start of Oct. Two weeks later there was a note in my letterbox to say I had missed a call from a greyhound rep who wish to discuss my change of provider.

The reason for my changing provider was due to the total cock up of bin collections at the beginning of the year. Then on the last collection at the end of Sept, I came home to find my black/grey bin lying on the road outside the house, with the wheels pulled clean off. Seems like the bin was chucked after emptying and either the waste truck some other van/truck drove over the bin. I have asked Greyhound twice to come and pick up the unused bins. I have also sent in a switch form to ask Greyhound to pick up the bins weeks ago, yet 6 weeks later I now have 6 bins ( one which has to be propped up against the others as it has no wheels)...

Would I switch back -- Not on your Nelly !!
    I'm going to contact greyhound yet again on Monday to ask where I can bring the old bins to drop off seeing as they seem unable to collect them.

I just want rid of all traces of Greyhound at this point ..

Oh my god, are you me?! I'm seriously losing the will to live with greyhound. I've been endlessly polite with them on the phone for months & still waiting for my bins to be picked up.

If they're not collected this week coming ill have to change tactics I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jkames

Just back in Ireland on holidays. I live in China but come from Dublin. I can't understand why the hell people are paying so much taxes if the services that taxes should cover, such as waste collection and water, are all becoming privatized...Bloody disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

What happens with the bins in China? In fact if anyone in any other country would like to contribute I'd be very interested to hear about their situation. My relatives in the UK seem to get a lot of services included in their council taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jkames

In China, the waste is collected free of charge from outside of our houses. I wouldn't be too confident as to what happens to the waste after that however as there are a lot of loose ends in China when it comes to health and hygiene. China is a country of almost 1.4 billion people so if taxes can cover garbage collection there I'd imagine it shouldn't be too big a struggle for the Irish government to provide this service.
    I just can't understand how taxes can be increased while services are decreased. It seems that somewhere along the line self interested became more of a motivation for those in power than the interest of the tax-paying voters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

jkames wrote: »
    .....I just can't understand how taxes can be increased while services are decreased. It seems that somewhere along the line self interested became more of a motivation for those in power than the interest of the tax-paying voters

Thanks for replying. Actually, taxes are as you say increased and services decreased. This is because our governments past and present don't feel responsible for taking care of the population, just of squeezing us 'till we're dry. They send a lot of people away to (fabulous and warm) countries on junkets to do research, but they only need to go as far as the UK and France and maybe Germany. Anyone got any info on the services in Europe?

Advertisement