Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Photo of the Year award??

• 03-09-2012 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭

Seeing as how someone has started a Photo of the Month thread - just wondering how a 'Photo of the Year' thingy might work??

Surely 'Boards' could get sponsorship from Bulmers so that a crate of 1 pint bottles would arrive on the doorstep of the winner?

Suggestion

Cabansails top photos every week - go into a playoff in early December - with a week by week reduction in numbers.

Maybe a guest photo judge to give 50% of marks later on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

what about having sub categories also, such as landscape photo of the year, abstract, street, portrait... random.. etc!

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

What about use few that dont get into photo of the month......can we have a "worst photo of the year" too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Something for beginners would be nice too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

nice ideas! worst photo prob is a bit harsh though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

How about a "Definitely not the best photo" award then?
    nice ideas! worst photo prob is a bit harsh though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

What about use few that dont get into photo of the month......can we have a "worst photo of the year" too :)

its that idea of what is good and what is bad photography ? , its all subjective , personally i don't like the idea of competetive photography - do I start likeing stuff to get more votes ?, count me out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Jeez it was a joke;)

I wouldn't be too keen ether, frightens people away me thinks.

How about we just all go take some pictures and have some fun rather than turning everything into a competition......just my two cents.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Why not just compile a single thread with all the POTWs and honourable mentions in one place as a reminder of what people here have produced. No need for voting or thanks whoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

What about "My Favourite Photo of the Year" - each boardsie gets to pick one of their own photos - no thanks or voting allowed.

Maybe a separate/linked thread for comments, chat etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

What about "My Favourite Photo of the Year" - each boardsie gets to pick one of their own photos - no thanks or voting allowed.

that to me sounds a much better idea, there is no best , just some image that means something to each of us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Maybe a separate/linked thread for comments, chat etc.
    thebaz wrote: »
    that to me sounds a much better idea, there is no best , just some image that means something to each of us

Yup, but that will normally happen anyway - usually starts about December 27th when people start waking up from post Christmas slumber :pac:

The idea of the award is ok, but I think it would need some independent evaluation if it were to be in any way credible.

Advertisement