Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Michael Clarke Duncan dies at 54

• 03-09-2012 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

Sad to hear, was in recovery for a heart attack for the past few weeks and passed away today.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni35483831/

Michael_Clarke_Duncan.jpg
    an Oscar nominee for "The Green Mile" has died while being hospitalized following a July heart attack. Publicist Joy Fehily released a statement from Clarke's fiancée, the Rev. Omarosa Manigault, saying the 54-year-old actor died Monday morning in a Los Angeles hospital after nearly two months of treatment following the July 13 heart attack. Duncan, who was nominated for an Academy Award and Golden Globe for his portrayal of death-row inmate John Coffey in 1999's "The Green Mile,"

Comments

Awh no. He was a damn fine actor, probably the best thing about Daredevil and of course his wonderful turn in Green Mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Damn. He held a good presence in films :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bummer, had no idea he was sick. he had a great screen presence alright. He was one of the few things I liked in Tim Burtons Planet of the Apes. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

A talented and memorable actor with the rare ability to create truly credible and powerful scenes.

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭stan 117

R.I.P:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Macailz

Great in green mile, 1 of the few films I've ever cried at... Powerful performance from the big man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sad news, the Green Mile is one of my faves. RIP big man.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

krudler wrote: »
    Sad to hear, was in recovery for a heart attack for the past few weeks and passed away today.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni35483831/

Michael_Clarke_Duncan.jpg

Ah, that's sad alright. He was a good actor and just a shame we didn't see him in more films and more leading roles. At least he's left a mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Very likeable in anything he's been in really. Sad news, RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭gidget

Sad news Was only thinking of him the other night as The Green Mile was on telly & i rememberd reading about him having the heart attack in July & had wondered how he was! Also can't be forgetten his role in Armageddon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Been in hospital since july I think.

Sad news, not only a good actor but from what I've heard a genuine nice guy too (supposedly he would give $5 to anyone who knew his full name :D ).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Been in hospital since july I think.

Sad news, not only a good actor but from what I've heard a genuine nice guy too (supposedly he would give $5 to anyone who knew his full name :D ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Sad news. :( R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

May he RIP.

His final speech to Hanks' character in the Green Mile:

John Coffey: You tell God the Father it was a kindness you done. I know you hurtin' and worryin', I can feel it on you, but you oughta quit on it now. Because I want it over and done. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

gidget wrote: »
    Sad news Also can't be forgetten his role in Armageddon!

Can't say much for his singing ability but a great actor. RIP

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

sad news
    429853_10151194292624467_860602221_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just finished up watched his tv show The Finder recently, RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Really likeable guy on screen! Will be missed from the big screen!

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Very sad news.
    R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 CJ_

Terribly sad news.

Never heard about the heart attack in July.

Always came across as really nice, genuine man with a big heart and a very good actor too.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Good guy, only recently heard him in Kung Fu Panda, another great turn from him.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

gidget wrote: »
    Also can't be forgetten his role in Armageddon!

I was only in Disneyland Paris in July, went on the Armageddon ride with my son and Michael introduces it on a flat screen as you walk in. My son recognised him from the Green Mile, sad to hear this now so soon after.

Advertisement