Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the future to you?

• 04-09-2012 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Ever notice how you can get caught up in the day-to-day and just float through weeks, months and maybe even years without much thought given to where you are and where you're going.
    Then you sit back, try and picture the future, and don't have a clue what's in store. The future, all unknown. You can guess some things, probably, as the saying goes, "the more things change the more they stay the same".
    You can try change it by being healthier, working on educating yourself but so much hangs on chance. (Or do you believe in fate, a master plan?)
    I know what I'd hope to have, roughly, but I have to admit, a lot of it scares the sh*t out of me (debt etc.) and have an inclination to think that it wont end up as Id hope.
    So, what do you think about the future? Anything you're working towards or looking forward to?
    Positive stuff to look forward to can keep you plodding through the hard times so let's hear lots of that! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

The futures bright,the futures Orange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Some Yoke wrote: »
    Ever notice how you can get caught up in the day-to-day and just float through weeks, months and maybe even years without much thought given to where you are and where you're going.
    Then you sit back, try and picture the future, and don't have a clue what's in store. The future, all unknown. You can guess some things, probably, as the saying goes, "the more things change the more they stay the same".
    You can try change it by being healthier, working on educating yourself but so much hangs on chance. (Or do you believe in fate, a master plan?)
    I know what I'd hope to have, roughly, but I have to admit, a lot of it scares the sh*t out of me (debt etc.) and have an inclination to think that it wont end up as Id hope.
    So, what do you think about the future? Anything you're working towards or looking forward to?
    Positive stuff to look forward to can keep you plodding through the hard times so let's hear lots of that! :)

It's all about the here and now. Nobody knows when their time is up, so why not live every day like it's your last. It's a cliche, I know, and with work and everything else it can be difficult to do this, but once your attitude is right and you are nice to everyone around you, you're making a positive impact on the world.

Personally, I have plans, but they mostly depend on other people, which isn't something I'm happy with. But I have some things in life that I would like to achieve and see or do while I'm here, and I'm well on my way to doing them. I've jumped from a plane, I've swam with dolphins, I've seen some amazing places and I don't intend on stopping any time soon. Planning on going to the Arctic Circle in November to spend 4/5 days mushing in the wilderness. That's the kind of holiday that keeps me going, not a few weeks drinking in Ibiza.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Rusty_Mectum

The weekend...Pints!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

The future is just the past that hasn't already happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

It's all ahead of us.
    Sure 'twill be grand. . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I like to not think about things and let them fall into place. I did it with the leaving cert and CAO. Just let it work itself out. Things usually come right in the end for me which is good :D I don't like to plan things out because plans always lead to disappointment :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

It's very hard to plan out your future. It's always nice to have a bit of a framework, for example knowing what degree or job you are going to have for a few years. However, it is always difficult to set concrete plans for everything because no one knows what changes are gonna occur, whether it be with your family, relationships, interests or mental and physical capacity (however negative or positive that may seem). In my life, I find it best to have an idea of where I'd like to be in 5 or 10 years and adapt it every few months to whatever problems or opportunities might arise. As cliché as it sounds, I plan to be happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

later on

• Registered Users Posts: 23 farmboy1130

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life."- John Lennon

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - John Lennon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

john lennon needs to lay off the nostalgic gas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

john lennon needs to lay off the nostalgic gas.
    Somehow I think he already has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - John Lennon.

Or lying in bed in the Hilton for a week... lazy git.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

Inevitable death and decay.

Cheers for reminding me to think about my future OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life..

Then he was taken away from her. Ha ha.

Advertisement