Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android App living abroad

Options
  • 04-09-2012 6:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I live in Australia and am wondering why I can not download the BOI Android app on my phone here. I can get all the other banks apps, AIB, NIB no problem but BOI seem to have the location locked as Ireland.

Is there any way around this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi PedroK,

Apologies that you are unable to download the app.
    We are looking into having the app made available in other regions, although we don't have any dates as of yet. There is an option that may work for you. Use your Irish sim and try connecting to the Google Play store through WiFi and download that app that way. We have had mixed feedback in relation to using this method, it may or may not work for you.

If you download the app in this way, we would advise you to connect this way periodically to ensure you stay up to date with the latest releases.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi PedroK,

Please see this new thread re availability for the app.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement