Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIRA Man shot dead in broad daylight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

What so he walked up to people and says hey:) im going to kill you:):):) gimme ur money:):):)... doubt it ..

I read this today, I think he seemed very nice actually..

''One story is that Alan suddenly stopped the car he was in to help a woman who had broken down putting his own liberty on the line. Another was that a woman approached Alan to find out why he was demanding money from her young son. Turned out it was criminals using Alan’s name. The woman then asked Alan to speak with her son in an effort to get him away from a bad crowd he was hanging about with, Alan obliged. A week later the woman came back and asked what the hell did Alan Ryan say to my son i cant drive up the road without my son telling me to stop at the guys selling newspapers along the road. Alan apparently told the young man that drug dealers weren’t hard men they were parasites, see that guy standing there selling newspapers in the rain, sleet and snow that’s a hard man doing that to feed his family, drug dealers couldn’t do that.

When Alan saw a pregnant woman being clamped at the side of the road he jumped out of his car took a hammer to the clamp and told the clampers in no uncertain terms to go away. Whenever he saw a dealer he smashed them up there and then to Alan it was black and white. That’s why they shot him down in the street. Alan couldn’t be bought that’s why he’s dead''

I knew it, the 'Clampers' shot him.

Profiler wrote: »
    Never heard that? for someone who claims to know what he did for the community you sure take a myopic view on him and his activities.

Well he never said anything during confession.:pac:

We don't usually hear someone is involved in the drugs trade until they are either shot or convicted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

''One story is that Alan suddenly stopped the car he was in to help a woman who had broken down putting his own liberty on the line.

I did that once and didn't put my liberty on the line.

I wonder why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

cmon lads....you can't go around willy nilly bashin people whether they are dealers or criminals, that's why we have a police force and if they fail there are other avenues. As i said, the papers are not to be trusted in relation to this case but i doubt he was "batman".

What so he walked up to people and says hey:) im going to kill you:):):) gimme ur money:):):)... doubt it ..

''One story is that Alan suddenly stopped the car he was in to help a woman who had broken down putting his own liberty on the line. Another was that a woman approached Alan to find out why he was demanding money from her young son. Turned out it was criminals using Alan’s name. The woman then asked Alan to speak with her son in an effort to get him away from a bad crowd he was hanging about with, Alan obliged. A week later the woman came back and asked what the hell did Alan Ryan say to my son i cant drive up the road without my son telling me to stop at the guys selling newspapers along the road. Alan apparently told the young man that drug dealers weren’t hard men they were parasites, see that guy standing there selling newspapers in the rain, sleet and snow that’s a hard man doing that to feed his family, drug dealers couldn’t do that.

When Alan saw a pregnant woman being clamped at the side of the road he jumped out of his car took a hammer to the clamp and told the clampers in no uncertain terms to go away. Whenever he saw a dealer he smashed them up there and then to Alan it was black and white. That’s why they shot him down in the street. Alan couldn’t be bought that’s why he’s dead''

:pac:
    This just gets worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Gosh, that was just fantastic :)... I mean I was really concerned early on that Bella woulnd't find love having moved to a new town... but then you confirmed she met Edward and he saved her :o... great fantasy story... you should write a book... it's sure to sell literally in it's tens of copies...

Anyway, enough fantasy, back to reality please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I think this guy is the new Jesus. Is it the third day yet? Anyone seen him walking around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I think this guy is the new Jesus. Is it the third day yet? Anyone seen him walking around?
    Bet his mom was a virgin too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MR.NORTHDUBLIN

Lelantos wrote: »
    Bet his mom was a virgin too![/Quote/

Hahahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

How did they attach the clamp to the pregnent woman. Around her bump? Maybe her swollen ankles?? If i saw a guy trying to take a clamp of a pregnant woman with a hammer I would be concerned, he sounds nuts!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Is this a p*ss take? Cannot stop laughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

When Alan saw a pregnant woman being clamped at the side of the road he jumped out of his car took a hammer to the clamp and told the clampers in no uncertain terms to go away.

So he is a nice guy for committing criminal damage and threatening behaviour?? Sounds like a gem :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 canttalk1

frag420 wrote: »
    Can you tell me what the first bit I have highlited above means?? What means are you refering to? Do they build parks for the kids in their community that are affected by drugs? Do they give any of it to local charities and help groups that actually do something positive for the community? Or do they put it into the purchase of nice cars and property so that the youngsters in the community can see that if you dont study but instead take on a pseudo idealitic belief of a modern Ireland which in turn is just masking criminality then they too can have all the nice things in life. And about 30-40 yrs to enjoy them beofre they too have a bullet in their skulls??

Regarding the second part that I have highlighted.......................well aint that just perfect. Why dont you stick about and answer a few questions that I am sure will be winging your way soon. Ah go on, go on,go on, go on........................

you seem to have mistaken me giving thier perspective and taken it as my own.

I don´t support in any way what that group does, and you don´t have to be a genius to figure out where the money they take goes.

I just wanted to offer another perspective, I don´t in any way want to endorse, or try to smypathise with thier actions (as I already said in my original post) and i´m not ducking away from questions - I don´t know much more than above, that´s just my opinion as to why there is supposedly flags hanging around North Dublin tonight.

The reason I offer this opinion is because most of the people that ring into radio phoneshows in support of these groups cannot string a sentence together.

canttalk1 wrote: »

I don´t support in any way what that group does, and you don´t have to be a genius to figure out where the money they take goes.

I just wanted to offer another perspective, I don´t in any way want to endorse, or try to smypathise with thier actions (as I already said in my original post) and i´m not ducking away from questions - I don´t know much more than above, that´s just my opinion as to why there is supposedly flags hanging around North Dublin tonight.

The reason I offer this opinion is because most of the people that ring into radio phoneshows in support of these groups cannot string a sentence together.

Fair enough, point taken.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Bergkamp 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIr7KABvCk0

The comments under this video are very interesting indeed.

I dont know anything about this Criminal Action Force but I believe their members have continually tried to play themselves up even on this forum, possibly on this thread judging by some new posters. I can understand their motives etc if what we read is to be believed.

All I know is any sane individual would be half way to Mexico if they were in anyway associated with this group. Not posting videos and stuff on the internet.

They either have alot of balls or are very foolish indeed or even both. All I know is I would not want to be a Dublin criminal right now! :eek:

I dont know anything about this Criminal Action Force but I believe their members have continually tried to play themselves up even on this forum, possibly on this thread judging by some new posters. I can understand their motives etc if what we read is to be believed.

All I know is any sane individual would be half way to Mexico if they were in anyway associated with this group. Not posting videos and stuff on the internet.

They either have alot of balls or are very foolish indeed or even both. All I know is I would not want to be a Dublin criminal right now! :eek:

More tracksuit wearing scumbags that can't hold a camera straight?:pac:

My first impressions of watching this video is that they need to hire a proper crew. The cinematography was brutal. The sound was all over the place. What was the message they were trying to get across?

What is CAF anyways?? C*unts and Fookers??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Bergkamp 10

They seem to mention "ODC" an awful lot.

If that actually stands for "Ordinary Decent Criminals"

Then......:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭StaunchyDJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

canttalk1 wrote: »

Thats because the sensible ones don't waste their time with phoneshows

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

I seriously can't stop laughing, this guy should be on the stage!! Brilliant stuff, keep it coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

I seriously can't stop laughing, this guy should be on the stage!! Brilliant stuff, keep it coming!

:rolleyes:

You're right, it's far easier to remain anonymous on a forum, especially with the words Army, Fighter, or freedom in the username.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MR.NORTHDUBLIN

You're right, it's far easier to remain anonymous on a forum, especially with the words Army, Fighter, or freedom in the username.:pac:

There called wannabes

• Registered Users Posts: 7 canttalk1

yes, I don´t expect you to have read my previous posts, but I said earlier that not all supporters of these people, or indeed, their members are idiots. However, the majority that get through to the phone shows seem to be - for whatever reason - gob****es.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

:rolleyes:

I'm actually surprises wannabe RA heads/knackers even know what boards is or how to type (albeit very poorly).

I'm actually surprises wannabe RA heads/knackers even know what boards is or how to type (albeit very poorly).

Oh they all know about social media.
    It's how they recruit the impressionable scumbag youth into their groups, to do their dirty work obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

SURPRISES :pac::pac::pac:

Also if your insinuating Im a ''wannabe RA head or knacker'' your very wrong, I just dont see why everyone is slating him.

SURPRISES:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I just dont see why everyone is slating him.

Do the words 'terrorist' and 'extortioner' ring any bells with you? Are these good words in your book?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

SURPRISES :pac::pac::pac:

Also if your insinuating Im a ''wannabe RA head or knacker'' your very wrong, I just dont see why everyone is slating him.

SURPRISES:pac::pac::pac:

It's "you're" :pac::pac::pac:

That is because you choose to ignore what the majority of the newspapers, crime reporters, Gardai and people affected by his actions, say about him.

Listen we all get your type never admit to any wrong doing by never incriminating yourselves, but your defence of a man you never knew is more laughable than the Church defending priests for abusing kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭finty

He did spend time in prison for being caught ar a real IRA training camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Donaghmedegirl

Alan Ryan lived two lives. On one hand he would claim to be a republican.he courageously protested at the dail on budget day for the Irish people ( how many law abiding citizens were there )he despised drugs and the dealers.if anybody in the donaghmede community had a problem Alan would do what he could to help you no matter if he knew you or not. He protested the length and breath of this country for political prisoners like Marian price he believed in a free Ireland ( which he had a right to like every woman man and child in this country does ) I personally couldn't care less if d 6 counties were ours or not. On the second hand of Alan he claimed to push drug dealers out but in doing that he lined his greedy pockets with there money. Money that was made selling poison in our community he would then use that money to live a lavish lifestyle he may aswell of been dealing the drugs. I believe Alan honestly thought by 'taxing' the drug dealers he was doing good in a way he was d small time dealers were put out of business but Alan cant controll the big drug traffickers of Ireland they have just as much man power more money and guns to do what they want they prob paid Alan not because they were intimidated but because he was a fly that wouldn't go away. Alan didn't intimidate ordinary people working 9 till 5 jobs he was nothing but an ordinary donaghmede man to them bu for the business who he intimidated bullied an d harassed ask them why he did??? No1s innocent not Alan nor the business men and drug dealers he stole from. Alan in the end was a dangerous man but not to the ordinary person he was dangerous when comes to a drug dealer crossing him but he couldn't take them all on that's why he died.

No one is annon online.

No one is annon online.
    Thanks Neo.:pac:

• Advertisement

Alan Ryan lived two lives. On one hand he would claim to be a republican.he courageously protested at the dail on budget day for the Irish people ( how many law abiding citizens were there )he despised drugs and the dealers.if anybody in the donaghmede community had a problem Alan would do what he could to help you no matter if he knew you or not. He protested the length and breath of this country for political prisoners like Marian price he believed in a free Ireland ( which he had a right to like every woman man and child in this country does ) I personally couldn't care less if d 6 counties were ours or not. On the second hand of Alan he claimed to push drug dealers out but in doing that he lined his greedy pockets with there money. Money that was made selling poison in our community he would then use that money to live a lavish lifestyle he may aswell of been dealing the drugs. I believe Alan honestly thought by 'taxing' the drug dealers he was doing good in a way he was d small time dealers were put out of business but Alan cant controll the big drug traffickers of Ireland they have just as much man power more money and guns to do what they want they prob paid Alan not because they were intimidated but because he was a fly that wouldn't go away. Alan didn't intimidate ordinary people working 9 till 5 jobs he was nothing but an ordinary donaghmede man to them bu for the business who he intimidated bullied an d harassed ask them why he did??? No1s innocent not Alan nor the business men and drug dealers he stole from. Alan in the end was a dangerous man but not to the ordinary person he was dangerous when comes to a drug dealer crossing him but he couldn't take them all on that's why he died.

So the two guys that leased a pub down the road from the players lounge who wanted to make an honest living were not innocent? They were trying to make an honest living and on the orders of that other scumbag stokes he threatened them!! A real stand up guy!!

I wonder what will happen next, I wouldn't like to be the people responsible. What happened is not good news, no matter how you try and portray the victim.

This may escalate from here and people will inevitably get caught in the middle.

One thing I will say is that I hope the special branch thugs stay away from his funeral and let his family and friends grieve in peace, I think thats a right everyone should have.

And for the people claiming Alan wasn't a part of any IRA group ask yourself why have the streets in donaghmede been lined with black and tri colour flags. Why was there shots fired off in fr Collins park on tuesday evening as a mark of respect. All of this is in line with the IRA bury their dead the 32 county sovereignty committee which alan ONLY claimed to be a part of is a political protest group who in no way use firearms or line the streets with black and tri colour flags. I can guarantee you that when Alan Ryan is put in the ground on Saturday morning there will be shots fired nearby as a mark of respect that again is of IRA identity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭finty

no matter how you try and portray the victim.

victim, lol!

One thing I will say is that I hope the special branch thugs stay away from his funeral and let his family and friends grieve in peace, I think thats a right everyone should have.

The only thugs at the funeral will be the cowards in the balaclavas.

And for the people claiming Alan wasn't a part of any IRA group ask yourself why have the streets in donaghmede been lined with black and tri colour flags. Why was there shots fired off in fr Collins park on tuesday evening as a mark of respect. All of this is in line with the IRA bury their dead the 32 county sovereignty committee which alan ONLY claimed to be a part of is a political protest group who in no way use firearms or line the streets with black and tri colour flags. I can guarantee you that when Alan Ryan is put in the ground on Saturday morning there will be shots fired nearby as a mark of respect that again is of IRA identity.
    Didnt hear about that in Fr Collins park, any link to that being reported or it just known on the ground?

• Advertisement

finty wrote: »
    victim, lol!

The only thugs at the funeral will be the cowards in the balaclavas.

What else do you call someone who was gunned down on the street?

I dont think anyone will be wearing a balaclava.

Why are the Special Branch thugs may i ask?
    I'm 100% behind them attending that funeral, as you will see a whos who of subversives and criminals, who may be plotting to kill someone.

Why are the Special Branch thugs may i ask?
    I'm 100% behind them attending that funeral, as you will see a whos who of subversives and criminals, who may be plotting to kill someone.
    Because they have a long history of acting like complete thugs.

frag420 wrote: »

So the two guys that leased a pub down the road from the players lounge who wanted to make an honest living were not innocent? They were trying to make an honest living and on the orders of that other scumbag stokes he threatened them!! A real stand up guy!!
    I can agree stokes is a scumbag Alan Ryan was a scumbag you should read my message again in no way did I defend Alan Ryan I gave my point of view on the two personalities Alan had the two business men your talking about who owned the pub I truly feel sorry for them because I believe stokes was the leader in dat and Alan was paid to do it as I said he was greedy when it came to muny but there times Alan hates send business men who allowed drugs to be sold on their properties that's what I meant by not all the business men were innocent

Didnt hear about that in Fr Collins park, any link to that being reported or it just known on the ground?
    It was in the paper on Wednesday the Irish sun I think it was after the incident the helicopter was out for about an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Sounds like a classic case of the irish happily looking the other way when they themselves are looked after.

And none of your ilk ever act like thugs isn't that right?
    You got to fight fire with fire.

And none of your ilk ever act like thugs isn't that right?
    You got to fight fire with fire.
    My ilk?

I've never acted like a thug.

So you accept that the special branch are thugs then, glad that's settled.

My ilk?

I've never acted like a thug.

So you accept that the special branch are thugs then, glad that's settled.

I'm not naiive, They may employ thuggish tactics to deal with these crims, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Unlike your mates, of course.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement