Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIRA Man shot dead in broad daylight

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Agree with you to some extent but if you want drugs out of your area you need to use direct action like Alan did. Unfortunately you make yourself a target.

Can you show me where direct action has put drugs out of an area for good or even where it has helped in that direction ? one or any area will do.

Do you think Derry or Belfast or even border areas are free from Drug dealers ? As i have said before direct killings will only bring direct killings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

To be honest, I think it's great that drug dealer scum and IRA scum are killing each other off

*Eats popcorn*
    lol.

making the situation worse - violence begets violence.

It is great that violence begets violence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

It is great that violence begets violence?

*head explodes*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

realies wrote: »
    Can you show me where direct action has put drugs out of an area for good or even where it has helped in that direction ? one or any area will do.

Do you think Derry or Belfast or even border areas are free from Drug dealers ? As i have said before direct killings will only bring direct killings.

In the 80s when Edinburgh was ravaged by heroin, Belfast was relatively clean (in Nationalist areas at least) despite even worse economic and social conditions.
    There is an element of out of sight, out of mind but I feel that direct action has many pros and I support anyone who does what they can to keep heroin of the streets.
    While I recognise their lack of effectiveness, I'm shocked at the negative opinions towards anti-drugs movements here.

EDIT to answer your other question: It is possible to get any drug you want in Belfast or derry and most drugs within a half hour drive of anywhere in the North so I'm under no illusions that RAAD or the dissidents have it all under control!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

Agree with you to some extent but if you want drugs out of your area you need to use direct action like Alan did. Unfortunately you make yourself a target.

listen i only live up the road from where this happend,he did'nt want drugs out of the area, he was part of it for his own gains. there was drugs here long before he arrived and there will be long after he is forgoten about and i can tell you one thing there is bigger teapots than him in the area.
    you think these people just poped him without doing there homework.

listen i only live up the road from where this happend,he did'nt want drugs out of the area, he was part of it for his own gains. there was drugs here long before he arrived and there will be long after he is forgoten about and i can tell you one thing there is bigger teapots than him in the area.
    you think these people just poped him without doing there homework.

100%

listen i only live up the road from where this happend,he did'nt want drugs out of the area, he was part of it for his own gains.

So he was just in it to pocket extortion money? Sad to hear this if its true.
    Personally I think there should be no pay-offs or money taken from the dealers until they're gone for good.

In the 80s when Edinburgh was ravaged by heroin, Belfast was relatively clean (in Nationalist areas at least) despite even worse economic and social conditions.
    There is an element of out of sight, out of mind but I feel that direct action has many pros and I support anyone who does what they can to keep heroin of the streets.
    While I recognise their lack of effectiveness, I'm shocked at the negative opinions towards anti-drugs movements here.

EDIT to answer your other question: It is possible to get any drug you want in Belfast or derry and most drugs within a half hour drive of anywhere in the North so I'm under no illusions that RAAD or the dissidents have it all under control!

Direct action is against drug dealers, AR didn't care less what the dealers where selling, may it be grass/hash/E,s... you keep mentioning heroin it doesn't matter what you are selling, If your making money illegally and the RIRA know about it they will try & tax you.

Lets clarify something here I am in no way condoning drug dealing but as a person involved with youths/gangs in the Ballyfermot/Clondalkin areas i see and hear everyday what is going down,And there are better ways of controlling the drug culture than shooting people, as I have said earlier it has gone full circle and the gangs nowadays are more than capable than before to kill back.Its all going to end in tears and needs to stop now.

So he was just in it to pocket extortion money? Sad to hear this if its true.
    Personally I think there should be no pay-offs or money taken from the dealers until they're gone for good.

fasttalkerchat the dealers will never be gone for good unless the huge profits they make is taking out of the drugs market,The war on drugs was lost years ago.I know you mean well but it wont happen the way you wish...If only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Its also entirely possible that higher levels of military and police activity on the streets could have led to limited drug activity in society.

There is a theory going around that one of the benefits 'Troubles' was the reduction or indeed the curtailing altogether of any substantial drugs market in Belfast.

The so called real IRA is not feared anymore, if you kill nowadays be prepaired to be killed IRA or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

humanji wrote: »
    Why's there a guy playing a violin?

and the 3d glasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Criminal

Alan Ryan will not be the last to go in a hole,

The way his mates are going about the last number of days,have not learned lesson.

Why do they think the gangs fear them ?

The gangs have killed each other for years.

If they start corroborating and support each other by the looks of things they have, it strengthens their opposition to Real I.R.A or other gangs.

The gangs are numerous, heavily armed and by the looks of their attacks to date all over Leinster, a simple Google search reveals this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mattjack wrote: »

Its also entirely possible that higher levels of military and police activity on the streets could have led to limited drug activity in society.

There is a theory going around that one of the benefits 'Troubles' was the reduction or indeed the curtailing altogether of any substantial drugs market in Belfast.
    there was no benefits of the f*ing troubles

Gang members live with the fear of death all the time, that is one thing Real I.R.A can not put into them.

• Advertisement

there was no benefits of the f*ing troubles

Easy there , Big Boy .... its a figure of speech.

What has the Real I.R.A got up to the make gangs fear them ? Any hitman they had was a turncoat criminal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

If we went around Dublin and took everyone who was likely a drug user or drug dealer and fired a shot through their knee cap we would probably curtail the drug market in Dublin a good deal.

Actually if we all armed ourselves and started maiming and killing trouble makers on our street and in our neighbourhoods I think we could put a good dint into anti social behaviour and street crime. There's guy a few doors up from me who has loud parties on week nights. We'll see how much he wants to party after I saw his fingers off.

Criminal wrote: »
    What has the Real I.R.A got up to the make gangs fear them ? Any hitman they had was a turncoat criminal.

:D Are you a Realy criminal or a ordinary decent criminal :D

J K wrote: »

If we went around Dublin and took everyone who was likely a drug user or drug dealer and fired a shot through their knee cap we would probably curtail the drug market in Dublin a good deal.

Actually if we all armed ourselves and started maiming and killing trouble makers on our street and in our neighbourhoods I think we could put a good dint into anti social behaviour and street crime. There's guy a few doors up from me who has loud parties on week nights. We'll see how much he wants to party after I saw his fingers off.

Lots of good deals in Dublin :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

paky wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

nudger wrote: »
    There was a fundraiser held in the pub a while back for the free Marian Price campaign.
    What do you mean b that?

Anyone can rent a function room for whtever.

As for the Marian Price campaign thats hardly the hallmar of violent republicans, many are involved in it including FF and ind TDs

What I'm talking about in the is larger than usual security force presence on the streets of Belfast during the the 'Troubles' , not paramilitary activity.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Wonder why there and not over Donaghmede way ? Unless they own that pub ?

They have controlled the doors of it for years. All their parties etc were in it over the years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

.... but I feel that direct action has many pros and I support anyone who does what they can to keep heroin of the streets.
    What I'm talking about in the is larger than usual security force presence on the streets of Belfast during the the 'Troubles' , not paramilitary activity.

I was taking your point on direct action. Paramilitaries outlawed heroin, certain other drugs could be dealt subject to 'licence' or tribute to the cause.

Army and uniformed police patrols have limited effect against the near invisible movement of drugs through neighbourhoods. Even then....nowadays with mobile phones business need never be done on the street or in the open.

:D Are you a Realy criminal or a ordinary decent criminal :D
    ? Are you for realies.

:D:D I am very real but was never a realie, really.:D:D

There was a volley outside his house apparently, as well as a large turnout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

3 women 4 men,in full paramilitary gear too.

• Advertisement

I would assume the crowd be huge,Also nothing on the RTE website or any other media outlets about the funeral ? Wonder were they told to keep it lowkey to not give publicity ?

I would assume the crowd be huge,Also nothing on the RTE website or any other media outlets about the funeral ? Wonder were they told to keep it lowkey to not give publicity ?
    It's on rte website.

http://www.thejournal.ie/pictures-alan-ryan-funeral-589357-Sep2012/#slide-slideshow4

no mention of the send off

Any cronie can dress up in an army suit

Is that for REAL.............I am sure you see crims do the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIr7KABvCk0

Is that for REAL.............I am sure you see crims do the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIr7KABvCk0
    Yes it is for real,marched all the way to the church,look at the papers tomorrow.

:D:D I am very real but was never a realie, really.:D:D
    It would not be a good time to be a real realie. realies. In Dublin over the next few weeks.

New amalgamation of the Dublin gangs. :eek:

Yes it is for real,marched all the way to the church,look at the papers tomorrow.
    Papers tomorrow. ? Sure you can get them tonight most places.;)

• Advertisement

volley outside his house apparently, ?

So what.

Papers tomorrow. ? Sure you can get them tonight most places.;)
    True?!

True?!
    What papers, NEVER.:D

It would not be a good time to be a real realize. real lies. In Dublin over the next few weeks.

New amalgamation of the Dublin gangs. :eek:

Any real links to that story ?

Also Think I will change my username to Continuity ;)

I was taking your point on direct action. Paramilitaries outlawed heroin, certain other drugs could be dealt subject to 'licence' or tribute to the cause.

Army and uniformed police patrols have limited effect against the near invisible movement of drugs through neighbourhoods. Even then....nowadays with mobile phones business need never be done on the street or in the open.

Yeah no, worries, but historically prior to decommissioning/ceasefire etc there was very little , if any heroin use.

There has been very little on this thread about other Republican groups etc said they will not help Ryan's gang in Dublin is this true. ?

http://thestar.ie/star/bloodshed-fears-deepen-after-gun-killing-of-rira-boss-ryan/

However, a man claiming to speak for the hardline republican group Oglaigh na hEireann last night insisted Ryan’s gang in Dublin would be getting no help from north of the border in 
hunting Ryan’s killers.

In an unverified statement, he claimed that Ryan’s activities in Dublin — extorting money from drug-dealers — had isolated the Dublin faction from hardline 
paramilitaries in the North.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

Great news..our country is in safe hands tonight so:rolleyes:

My only issue is that the area around Balgriffin was effectively shut shutdown for several hours today to facilitate the funeral of this retarded scumbag.

Any real links to that story ?

Also Think I will change my username to Continuity ;)

Continuity realies.

There has been very little on this thread about other Republican groups etc said they will not help Ryan's gang in Dublin is this true. ?

http://thestar.ie/star/bloodshed-fears-deepen-after-gun-killing-of-rira-boss-ryan/

However, a man claiming to speak for the hardline republican group Oglaigh na hEireann last night insisted Ryan’s gang in Dublin would be getting no help from north of the border in 
hunting Ryan’s killers.

In an unverified statement, he claimed that Ryan’s activities in Dublin — extorting money from drug-dealers — had isolated the Dublin faction from hardline 
paramilitaries in the North.
    Judging by the reaction on republican websites and todays showing I doubt this very much.

veetwin wrote: »
    Great news..our country is in safe hands tonight so:rolleyes:

My only issue is that the area around Balgriffin was effectively shut shutdown for several hours today to facilitate the funeral of this retarded scumbag.

No need for that ****. This guy had a family and was trying to help his community. So what if he lined his pockets in the process, many here line dealers pockets when they want a smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Tool_

There's likely to be some truth in that.

The only place where heroin took off in the north was in Ballymena, the buckle in Paisley's bible belt. Pro rata, things got as bad there as anywhere I know - and it looked particularly bad as the junkies were juxtaposed against a staid conservative unionist culture.

Anyone bringing heroin into a nationalist community would've been shot dead.

As someone who grew up in a nationalist community in the north and enjoyed taking yokes at the weekend I fundamentally disagree with the IRA's policy on recreational drugs (not that I've been minded to say it to their faces).

If they've got an issue with these then they should go the whole hog and tackle alcohol, tobacco, childhood obesity and whatever else is ailing us. Heroin is different though and I've no sympathy for anyone selling it who they get hold of.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement