Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIRA Man shot dead in broad daylight

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

In all fairness I think its just a case of a protection racket and a drug gang having a fight .
    There is no freedom fighting going on . The Gpo hasnt been taken over in nearly a century .
    The policing costs to run northern Ireland is something the Irish Government could probably never afford .
    If it was offered back tomorrow Enda wouldnt want it .
    Alot of people are getting rich with this IRA thing and its about time it was stopped.
    Young lads getting recruited into it is as bad as them going on the drugs.
    We elected our government democratically. A gang of hooligans with little or no education wont do a better job . What are their policies ? Go to other countries demanding a tax to do business on their turf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Terrorists my arse.. I'd take these so called terrorists over drug dealing scum any day.

These ''terrorists'' were the ones to step in when the government / gardai turned the other cheek. Drug dealing seems to be more acceptable, but republicans are a thorn in the side of the government.
    Armed paramilitaries have been trying to overthrow the state and committing terrorist atrocities until relatively recently in this country, and over the weekend we witnessed them walking down the street of our nation's capital in full uniform, before firing shots into the air in a residential estate. Drug dealing is a law and order problem that exists in every country in the world, and can be dealt with in the ordinary criminal manner. The fact that the IRA were able to do what they did over the weekend and the Gardaí were powerless to stop them shows how sinister their continued presence really is.

And the fact that people like you fail to see that vigilantism is anathema to most right-thinking people in the country, and are apparently lamenting the demise of one of them, shows how clueless so-called Republicans really are these days. It also reenforces my resolve never to vote for Sinn Féin, and my likelihood to vote against any potential future referendum on unification with the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Dave! wrote: »
    Armed paramilitaries have been trying to overthrow the state and committing terrorist atrocities until relatively recently in this country, and over the weekend we witnessed them walking down the street of our nation's capital in full uniform, before firing shots into the air in a residential estate. Drug dealing is a law and order problem that exists in every country in the world, and can be dealt with in the ordinary criminal manner. The fact that the IRA were able to do what they did over the weekend and the Gardaí were powerless to stop them shows how sinister their continued presence really is.

And the fact that people like you fail to see that vigilantism is anathema to most right-thinking people in the country, and are apparently lamenting the demise of one of them, shows how clueless so-called Republicans really are these days. It also reenforces my resolve never to vote for Sinn Féin, and my likelihood to vote against any potential future referendum on unification with the north.

I dont think anyone is gonna vote for Sinn Fein .. in fairness like. Vigilantism is hardly anathema to most right-thinking people, evil is when good men stand by and do nothing, how about if someone on your street was openly dealing drugs to young teenagers? would you close the blinds and call the gardai and wait for them to come and do nothing? ( they really do nothing) , or would you like someone to get off their arse and drive them out? ... I know which I'd prefer.

[/B]

I dont think anyone is gonna vote for Sinn Fein .. in fairness like. Vigilantism is hardly anathema to most right-thinking people, evil is when good men stand by and do nothing, how about if someone on your street was openly dealing drugs to young teenagers? would you close the blinds and call the gardai and wait for them to come and do nothing? ( they really do nothing) , or would you like someone to get off their arse and drive them out? ... I know which I'd prefer.
    I'd call the police, like any civilised person would do.

What would you do if a known murderer was extorting local businesses for money in exchange for not assaulting them and/or wrecking their business?

That's a bit more disturbing to me, and harder to convict, than someone selling weed to teenagers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Terrorists my arse.. I'd take these so called terrorists over drug dealing scum any day.

These ''terrorists'' were the ones to step in when the government / gardai turned the other cheek. Drug dealing seems to be more acceptable, but republicans are a thorn in the side of the government.

Your post in this thread are all over the place.

You have no problem with the RIRA taxing drug dealers even though this allows dealers to continue with their trade.

You have no problem with illegal firearms being discharged in a residential area.

You have no problem with supporting a tiny group of incompetent fanatics who were responsible for the murder of 29 civilians in Omagh in 1998. They have planted numerous bombs of similar size since then in both Northern Ireland and Britain which have an equivalent propoensity to kill civilians.

Maybe you can justify the Polish Pizza delivery man shot at Masserene Barracks when the RIRA were busy murdering unarmed squaddies?

You appear to be either too young to remember the troubles or very gullible. Hopefully it's the former, at least that way there's the hope that some day in the future you might develop a bit of common sense.
    I dont think anyone is gonna vote for Sinn Fein

Eh, not exactly up with current affairs are we? Sinn Fein won 10% of first preference votes in the 2011 election and have 14 TDs

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DublinC

What would you do if a known murderer was extorting local businesses for money in exchange for not assaulting them and/or wrecking their business?

That's a bit more disturbing to me, and harder to convict, than someone selling weed to teenagers.

What if it were cocaine or heroin?

Another example: http://www.herald.ie/news/children-at-play-find-ecstasy-tablets-2638275.html

The owner of those tabs was terrified of the Ryan's.

The extortion is indeed a problem, but ridding areas of dealers I can't really complain about.

We are not really discussing weed here it could be anything, how about if you got a phone call one day to say your son or daughter owes such and such an amount, or they'll be after your family.. You go to the police, they have nothing to say about it really, your terrified, These things wouldnt really happen as much if the likes of '' terrorist vigilantes'' were left to deal with them.

Also I dont really think I've heard much about local business being targeted, perhaps though as a previous poster mentioned.. If a pub opens, drug dealers may like to muscle in and sell there and make it their patch, so one of the alternatives is to let the other people in and keep it drug free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Nobodies stopping dealing . They are licensing it .
    Pay so much a month and you can have a licence to deal on their turf . Dont pay get your fingers cut off with a hacksaw .
    Same as is being done with legal business in the turf.

Gee Bag wrote: »
    Your post in this thread are all over the place.

You have no problem with the RIRA taxing drug dealers even though this allows dealers to continue with their trade.

You have no problem with illegal firearms being discharged in a residential area.

You have no problem with supporting a tiny group of incompetent fanatics who were responsible for the murder of 29 civilians in Omagh in 1998. They have planted numerous bombs of similar size since then in both Northern Ireland and Britain which have an equivalent propoensity to kill civilians.

Maybe you can justify the Polish Pizza delivery man shot at Masserene Barracks when the RIRA were busy murdering unarmed squaddies?

You appear to be either too young to remember the troubles or very gullible. Hopefully it's the former, at least that way there's the hope that some day in the future you might develop a bit of common sense.

Eh, not exactly up with current affairs are we? Sinn Fein won 10% of first preference votes in the 2011 election and have 14 TDs

Yeah im just feeling very gullible this afternoon, And I was being facetious with my Sinn Fein comment:pac:

Look we all have our views, I never once said i supported the Omagh bombing, your just being silly now. A death is a death, they are all equally sad. But I do agree with some of the values of these people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

[/B]

I doubt Alan Ryan ever called the guards. He would be a real hero if he liased with the gardai and local councilors to rid his estate of drugs. But he probably didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

The irony of someone getting up on their little soapbox to condemn violence and then state they support the violent partition of this country. Don't worry, we'll get on fine without a few cranks like ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

Well was there anyone hurt? Did a bullet fly through a window and kill anyone?

Sure we will all go out and buy guns then, and fire them off whenever we like, as long as we are pointing them up it's ok.

Attitudes like yours make me sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

The irony of someone getting up on their little soapbox to condemn violence and then state they support the violent partition of this country. Don't worry, we'll get on fine without a few cranks like ya :)
    More than a few cranks. Firstly, 99% of the protestant population wish to remain as part of the uk. I am sure a large percentage of catholics feel the same way as they would be lumped with our financial mess if we had a unified Ireland. Btw, when was the last time this island was unified?

you want us to suppport those goons with the guns from the funeral? Do you not think they were lacking something in the brains dept? Or maybe they should simply grow up a little?

Lelantos wrote: »
    More than a few cranks. Firstly, 99% of the protestant population wish to remain as part of the uk. I am sure a large percentage of catholics feel the same way as they would be lumped with our financial mess if we had a unified Ireland. Btw, when was the last time this island was unified?

Never was ( Except under UK) but try telling that to a skanger who thinks that writing Brits out on a wall in a Dublin housing estate is something to be proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Yeah im just feeling very gullible this afternoon, And I was being facetious with my Sinn Fein comment

I wasn't simply referring to today, your posts in this thread have been consistently idiotic.
    Look we all have our views, I never once said i supported the Omagh bombing, your just being silly now. A death is a death, they are all equally sad. But I do agree with some of the values of these people.

You have been on here defending the RIRA because they do ahem, 'community work'. Thought it might be worth pointing out to you that there main achievement to date has been the mass murder of civilians.
    A death is a death, they are all equally sad

I don't agree, some people we can do without.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

[/B]

Either really. What I wouldn't want is someone to come along, charge the dealer €50 to sell drugs outside my house for a week and turn a blind eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I meant the british establishment not the RUC.

Again, any evidence?

DublinC wrote: »
    What if it were cocaine or heroin?

Another example: http://www.herald.ie/news/children-at-play-find-ecstasy-tablets-2638275.html

The owner of those tabs was terrified of the Ryan's.

The extortion is indeed a problem, but ridding areas of dealers I can't really complain about.

Yes, including cocaine or heroin. Drug dealing is a problem in all countries in the world, Ireland is nothing special here. If you actually gave a sh*t about it, you would be lobbying the Minister for Justice to crack down on dealing and making actual useful suggestions such as medicalising addiction, etc. Instead you're being disingenuous by using this "community work" as a trojan horse to try and legitimise subversive paramilitary scumbags.

And you're a bit naive if you believe that the IRA are "ridding areas of dealers". As has been pointed out, while they may get rid of some dealers, the rest they simply tax, the IRA are no strangers to drug dealing. Apparently their PR machine is decent though, because yourself and Victar in a tutu seemingly believe them to be men of principle instead of common or garden organised crime figures. If you want the sale of drugs to be regulated, then do it using the framework and laws of the state, not using armed vigilantes.
    We are not really discussing weed here it could be anything, how about if you got a phone call one day to say your son or daughter owes such and such an amount, or they'll be after your family.. You go to the police, they have nothing to say about it really, your terrified, These things wouldnt really happen as much if the likes of '' terrorist vigilantes'' were left to deal with them.

Also I dont really think I've heard much about local business being targeted, perhaps though as a previous poster mentioned.. If a pub opens, drug dealers may like to muscle in and sell there and make it their patch, so one of the alternatives is to let the other people in and keep it drug free.

What if you got a phonecall from your dad, who owns a struggling pub in North Dublin, saying that the IRA were in the other day telling him that he has to pay X amount or he'll be shot? At least the drug users have willingly taken a loan off drug dealers, so they got themselves in the mess. Local business owners are innocent, and they're in the situation through no fault of their own.

As has been pointed out, your posts are incredibly naive.

It's a long time since there's been any violence involved in the partition of the country; any violence has been in the course of battling with subversive paramilitary groups. I'm quite willing to accept the political reality of the country if it means we don't have to start dealing with the savages in the North* who support this thuggery. Thankfully opinion polls show that support for a united Ireland is quite low on both sides of the border, and any unification would require the consent of both, so good luck to ya.

* by which I mean the paramilitary groups, not the innocent civilians who tend to get caught up the crossfire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

DublinC wrote: »
    He wasn't ridding the place of dealers, he was just ridding the place of ones who didn't pay him a cut.

What did he do with his cut?

1. Make a nice living out of it.
    2. Divert some of it to murdering people.

So in what sense was he ridding Dublin of dealers?

Yes please people lets stop praising gang land criminals.

They are Ireland's greatest foe.

I cannot believe that some people here actually think that they can justify a drugs and protection racketeers actions by pretending he was our "fwend".

Aulwans with blue stickers in their windows are looking out for the community. Heroin dealers and those who protect them are not.

And they dare use the term "Republican"!

I would sooner see the Queen ruling here again before the balaclava and the needle!

Goro wrote: »
    Yes please people lets stop praising gang land criminals.

They are Ireland's greatest foe.

I cannot believe that some people here actually think that they can justify a drugs and protection racketeers actions by pretending he was our "fwend".

Aulwans with blue stickers in their windows are looking out for the community. Heroin dealers and those who protect them are not.

And they dare use the term "Republican"!

I would rather see the Queen as our figurehead than the balaclava and the needle!
    The Chucky's are going to be spitting their half fat lattes out in disgust at that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Again, any evidence?

Proving that Michael Stone was a British agent or that collusion happened is a totally different matter to this thread and not something I can be bothered to get into here. Make a thread saying you think collusion is a myth and you will get plenty of counter arguments and evidence... better save us all the hassle and use google!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

It's a long time since there's been any violence involved in the partition of the country; any violence has been in the course of battling with subversive paramilitary groups.

:D:D what was that you were saying about 'naive':rolleyes:
    Partition was always violently enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 canttalk1

Most people in this thread claim themselves to be right-thinking, yet, you don´t have to scroll back many pages to see people celebrating vigilantism in the form of a murder. It´s something I can´t understand, a murder is a murder, two wrongs don´t make a right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Proving that Michael Stone was a British agent or that collusion happened is a totally different matter to this thread and not something I can be bothered to get into here. Make a thread saying you think collusion is a myth and you will get plenty of counter arguments and evidence... better save us all the hassle and use google!
    You are the very one who introduced wild and wholly unsubstansiated allegations about collusion in the first place. Prior to that this was a thread about a lowlife crim who got what he deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I like the way his "getting rid of drug dealers" also happened to make him lots of money. But he wasn't doing it for the money, he was doing it for the community, he hated taking the cash from the business he "protected". He was also taking money off dealers for the good of the local area.
    If the shops/pubs/dealers couldn't afford to pay St. Alan he would carry on protecting their shop/pub because he was doing it for the community. He's a great lad.

canttalk1 wrote: »
    Most people in this thread claim themselves to be right-thinking, yet, you don´t have to scroll back many pages to see people celebrating vigilantism in the form of a murder. It´s something I can´t understand, a murder is a murder, two wrongs don´t make a right.

It's the default doublethink position of the not in my backyard partitionist ....head in the sand, hang em high and they'll go away politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

SocSocPol wrote: »
    You are the very one who introduced wild and wholly unsubstansiated allegations about collusion in the first place. Prior to that this was a thread about a lowlife crim who got what he deserved.

I mentioned about attacking Republican funerals being a terrible move and was shocked that someone wanted the gards to be directed to do so. At one funeral they tried to snatch a tricolour from a coffin, in another the Brits made a run at the PIRA vols. firing shots over the coffin. Both resulted in days of riots and a strong armed presence as future funerals. They also were widely condemned for disrupting a funeral. You can question whose orders Michael stone was following but the other two cased you could see the uniforms in video.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Partition was always violently enforced.
    It is today? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

These comments are hilarious. You genuinely dont seem to realise that sentiment makes you every bit as bad as him.

I wonder why it never occurred to Batman to just tax the criminals rather than actually stopping them? He'd have made a fortune and would have avoided lots of nasty scraps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

humanji wrote: »
    It would be better to say that terrorists and drug-dealing gangs are ruling the roost and having people killed. It's not a case of "My enemies enemy is my friend". They're both problems than need to be stamped out.

The fact is that the garda do fcuk all to stop these drug dealers which is wh people turn to people like Alan Ryan for help.

If someone has a kid in trouble with drug dealers it's better to go to someone like Alan Ryan than the garda, thats the simple fact of the matter.

If shatter and the government combated drugs better and didn't leave working class communities to fend for themselves people like Ryan wouldn't be able to establish themselves in the community.

Thats the root of the issue.

The one thing that stands out here for me this week is the low opinion everyone suddenly has for dealers!! If we shoot all the dealers then how the f** are we supposed to party?

A life without recreational drug use or a life with braindead republicans lording over us with guns and bats...mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭StaunchyDJ

I mentioned about attacking Republican funerals being a terrible move and was shocked that someone wanted the gards to be directed to do so. At one funeral they tried to snatch a tricolour from a coffin, in another the Brits made a run at the PIRA vols. firing shots over the coffin. Both resulted in days of riots and a strong armed presence as future funerals. They also were widely condemned for disrupting a funeral. You can question whose orders Michael stone was following but the other two cased you could see the uniforms in video.

Still it can't be seen as okay to shoot guns! What do you think would happen if at a gang leaders funeral they decided to let off a volley or 2...? The cops would be straight in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

These comments are hilarious. You genuinely dont seem to realise that sentiment makes you every bit as bad as him.
    It doesent.
    i dont run a protection racket.
    I don't murder people.
    I am not a member of an organized crime gang pretending to be freedom fighter.
    I find your assertion that I am every bit as bad as him to be insulting.

It is today? :confused:

We live in a limbo where the main group opposing partition have accepted the terms of the GFA. They pose no military threat to partition for now. That is not to say that there are not groups who oppose it militarily, they are being dealt with violently.
    Just because it isn't plastered all over your Daily Mail doesn't mean it isn't happening. It was happening for a long time in Northern Ireland before southerners deigned to give a damm about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

The one thing that stands out here for me this week is the low opinion everyone suddenly has for dealers!! If we shoot all the dealers then how the f** are we supposed to party?

A life without recreational drug use or a life with braindead republicans lording over us with guns and bats...mmmmm
    lol.

We are talking about working class communities being utterly destroyed by these scum dealing drugs like heroin, not people selling weed or yolks to rich kids

humanji wrote: »
    It would be better to say that terrorists and drug-dealing gangs are ruling the roost and having people killed. It's not a case of "My enemies enemy is my friend". They're both problems than need to be stamped out.

The fact is that the garda do fcuk all to stop these drug dealers which is wh people turn to people like Alan Ryan for help.

If someone has a kid in trouble with drug dealers it's better to go to someone like Alan Ryan than the garda, thats the simple fact of the matter.

If shatter and the government combated drugs better and didn't leave working class communities to fend for themselves people like Ryan wouldn't be able to establish themselves in the community.

Or, if people didn't do drugs, or if the govt controlled the legal supply of drugs & cut out the dealers or if Mary Poppins came down & gave them all a spoonful of sugar. Doesnt matter, report dealers to the guards, don't hit them up for 50% of their takings, doing that forces the dealers to sell more crack, or can you not see that?

They do what they can, but they have to operate within the law. Admittedly, it's f*cking frustrating at times.

• Advertisement

We live in a limbo where the main group opposing partition have accepted the terms of the GFA. They pose no military threat to partition for now. That is not to say that there are not groups who oppose it militarily, they are being dealt with violently.
    Just because it isn't plastered all over your Daily Mail doesn't mean it isn't happening. It was happening for a long time in Northern Ireland before southerners deigned to give a damm about it.
    So what you are saying is that people who resist the democratic will of the people with murderous violence are being policed?

Is that wrong? On any level?

It doesent.
    i dont run a protection racket.
    I don't murder people.
    I am not a member of an organized crime gang pretending to be freedom fighter.
    I find your assertion that I am every bit as bad as him to be insulting.

Fair enough, you are not as bad as him in practice. But you just agreed with his murder. He was happy enough to kill to get dealers of the streets. You are happy enough for him to be killed to get him off the street.
    You are his moral equivalent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

You make it sound like people have a choice in the matter. You go to him. There's plenty of people that don't have a choice, pay up or your place will get trashed.

alan ryan has gone from being Batman to the A-Team now..

If your kid has a problem with drugs, and nobody else can help .....

The truth is he had no training in drug rehab and he received his gun health and safety in a field from older men trying to impress kids with their ****e talk...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 canttalk1

If you are a man who taxes criminals, you would have been pretty thick to think no one would ever have a problem with you.

And based on that, it either makes him very stupid, or very brave. (as his supporters would claim)

To get the other perspective of this, I conducted a little research on AR. We´ve heard nice things being said about criminals upon thier passing before, but to me, this case was different in that there was so much support for what he was supposed to have done. The level of support was much more than anything I can remember for a high profile criminal. Anyone else in agreement there?

Anyway, my curiosity led me to google him/ associates etc and I ended up on the 32CSM Dublin website. A quick flick though photos dating back to 2008 shows there are many pictures of AR at a whole range of marches / protests. There is no doubt he supported convicted "POW´s" and other well known Republican associates. Interestingly, there is a picture of him at an anti-drug march on O´Connell Street in Dec 2010.

Whilst, I´d hold anything written on that site in about as much regard as anything I would read in the Herald / Sunday World / or on here :rolleyes: ... it offered a small amount of perspective from the "other side" & found it interesting all the same.

Fair enough, you are not as bad as him in practice. But you just agreed with his murder. He was happy enough to kill to get dealers of the streets. You are happy enough for him to be killed to get him off the street.
    Well, not really. There's a bit of a difference between being glad (or not caring) that someone is dead and actually going out and killing them. This difference is even recognised by the courts.

The dealers who would not pay him enough, you mean? Not quite the same thing.

So what you are saying is that people who resist the democratic will of the people with murderous violence are being policed?

Is that wrong? On any level?

What I am saying is the shrill 'hang em high' 'wipe the scum out' policy has not worked and will never work.
    I have said on other threads on this subject that burying your head in the sand and thinking that the problems caused by partition have gone away is dangerous and irresponsible. The same dangerous and irresponsible governance that caused 30 years of violence.
    We were sold all the same pups back in the late 60's and 70's that 'these people where scum', 'that bigger guns would solve the problem' and yet at the end, with many many needlessly dead they sat down and talked it out.
    We are making the same same mistakes again, this movement is growing right before our eyes.

What I am saying is the shrill 'hang em high' 'wipe the scum out' policy has not worked and will never work.
    You are probably right here.
    I have said on other threads on this subject that burying your head in the sand and thinking that the problems caused by partition have gone away is dangerous and irresponsible. The same dangerous and irresponsible governance that caused 30 years of violence.
    We were sold all the same pups back in the late 60's and 70's that 'these people where scum', 'that bigger guns would solve the problem' and yet at the end, with many many needlessly dead they sat down and talked it out.
    We are making the same same mistakes again, this movement is growing right before our eyes.
    And the alternative is...Brits out? Or what?

• Advertisement

Well, not really. There's a bit of a difference between being glad (or not caring) that someone is dead and actually going out and killing them. This difference is even recognised by the courts.

Hence my use of the word 'morally' and lack of the word 'legally'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement