Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIRA Man shot dead in broad daylight

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

Strange that people persisted with bringing drugs into his pub, isn't it? Perhaps it was ok to sell drugs there once you paid Alan Ryan his cut.
    Any evidence of this yet ? Seriously, it's been thrown about but was he ever convicted of drug related offences ? The fact that his local community turned out in such numbers to attend his funeral says it all to me.
    AEDIC wrote: »
    Post of the week candidate right there :rolleyes:

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen, you are not a republican if you dont mourn, rejoice in the life of and support a criminal.
    All IRA men were branded " criminals " in their time ( it's something else a criminal state like Britain calling others "criminals" :rolleyes: ), Micheal Collins and his Squad were the biggest cop killers in the history of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

How odd that the Gardaí saw him coming in every day to them with confiscated drugs and then just went and arrested him for it.

Very. Odd. Almost unbelievable.
    He pissed them off with his banner, because of it they were threatening not to renew his late license.

I don't particularly care if anyone believes me btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

Any evidence of this yet ? Seriously, it's been thrown about but was he ever convicted of drug related offences ? The fact that his local community turned out in such numbers to attend his funeral says it all to me.

All IRA men were branded " criminals " in their time ( it's something else a criminal state like Britain calling others "criminals" :rolleyes: ), Micheal Collins and his Squad were the biggest cop killers in the history of the country.

Your random generalising is staggering....how about talking about this one specific criminal and making it easier for yourself?

Factually speaking, a criminal is one that has a conviction of a criminal offence. Are you denying that the individual in this thread, on that basis, was a criminal? Now that may be a bit specific for your generalising rambling, but give it a try.

It might astonish you to learn that most people are opposed to murderers regardless of what they are murdering for. This may be an intellectual leap you have yet to make.
    Unionists and their southern allies are anything but opposed to murderers, just read the posts of Junder, Fratton Fred etc on the politics, military and history forums, just so long as it's a British uniform that's doing it or guiding loyalists to do it.
    Where is the evidence that he didn't? Perhaps you could tell us the highly-paid job that he did to fund his lifestyle - it should be quite easy.

Where is the evidence that he didn't? How do we know they were paying respects rather than just having a gawk at the dead crim?
    :D If I claim I have a date with Miss World on Friday and some guy says no you don't, the onus is on him to prove I haven't :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Evidence? Perhaps you missed it, but he was arrested for possession of cocaine.
    A
    All drug dealers, extortionists and murderers were branded criminals too. I'm not sure what Michael Collins has to do with a murderous scumbag who lived off drug money.

Your random generalising is staggering....how about talking about this one specific criminal and making it easier for yourself?
    Evidence? Perhaps you missed it, but he was arrested for possession of cocaine.

All drug dealers, extortionists and murderers were branded criminals too. I'm not sure what Michael Collins has to do with a murderous scumbag who lived off drug money.
    Nothing random about my questions, not one single one of you have produced a single piece of evidence that Alan Ryan was invovled in drug dealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

You can't prove something you didn't do,you can prove something you did do.

Nothing random about my questions, not one single one of you have produced a single piece of evidence that Alan Ryan was invovled in drug dealing.

Show me one post where I am making that claim. Now perhaps you could answer my question?

Unionists and their southern allies are anything but opposed to murderers, just read the posts of Junder, Fratton Fred etc on the politics, military and history forums, just so long as it's a British uniform that's doing it or guiding loyalists to do it.
    What has that got to do with this murdering scumbag? Are you trying the old "hey - look over there!" tactic? It doesn't change the fact that this guy is a dead crim who was murdered for making a living from drug profits.
    :D If I claim I have a date with Miss World on Friday and some guy says no you don't, the onus is on him to prove I haven't :eek: :D
    Right - so when are you going to start posting proof for your claims? :confused:

He pissed them off with his banner, because of it they were threatening not to renew his late license.

Who was pissed off by his banner?

We(every sane Irish person) all just looked on in bewildered amusement. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

It might astonish you to learn that most people are opposed to murderers regardless of what they are murdering for. This may be an intellectual leap you have yet to make.

Where is the evidence that he didn't? Perhaps you could tell us the highly-paid job that he did to fund his lifestyle - it should be quite easy.

Where is the evidence that he didn't? How do we know they were paying respects rather than just having a gawk at the dead crim?

What lifestyle might that be that your talking about? Or should I ask you to show your evidence which shows he didn't earn money in a legitimate way?

We didn't say that he dealt drugs - he just sold the right to other people to sell drugs. Which is much, much better of course.

Kevvv wrote: »
    What lifestyle might that be that your talking about? Or should I ask you to show your evidence which shows he didn't earn money in a legitimate way?
    So you are claiming he had a good job? What was it?

What has that got to do with this murdering scumbag? Are you trying the old "hey - look over there!" tactic? It doesn't change the fact that this guy is a dead crim who was murdered for making a living from drug profits.

Right - so when are you going to start posting proof for your claims? :confused:
    The man was not convicted of any drug dealing therefore I don't have to produce any evidence Einstein FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

one of Alan Ryans victims - Michael Kelly
    Michael ‘Micka’ Kelly died in a hail of bullets in broad daylight as he was targeted by two ruthless brothers who control the Real IRA in Dublin.

Kelly – who loved fast cars and women – had barely any major criminal convictions and never served any jail time.

so another innocent man was murdered for no reason? :rolleyes:

the evidence is the same for mika kelly rings through for alan ryan, it was common knowledge he profited from drugs although not directly in the dealing and couldnt be proved legally

can we just cut the bullshít

The man was not convicted of any drug dealing therefore I don't have to produce any evidence Einstein FFS.
    Please quote where I claimed he dealt drugs - put up or shut up. By the way, you didn't manage to spell 'Saoirse' correctly in your username, Einstein.

So you are claiming he had a good job? What was it?

How did you possible pick that out of what I said? Your just coming in here throwing random questions to people and dodging answers with other questions. I never said he he had a good job, and never said he hadn't.

How did you possible pick that out of what I said? Your just coming in here throwing random questions to people and dodging answers with other questions. I never said he he had a good job, and never said he hadn't.
    You are denying that he made a living from crime? This is hardly a random question.

Show me one post where I am making that claim. Now perhaps you could answer my question?
    Fair enough, you didn't call him a drug dealer but you did infer that I "rejoice in the life of and support a criminal." in a previous post. It seems my crime is that I pointed out that the turn out by the local community he lived in shows he was far from been the character portrayed by Dr Sir O'Reilly's toilet papers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

How odd that the Gardaí saw him coming in every day to them with confiscated drugs and then just went and arrested him for it.

Very. Odd. Almost unbelievable.

Just as well then because we don't

davet82 wrote: »
    one of Alan Ryans victims - Michael Kelly
    Michael ‘Micka’ Kelly died in a hail of bullets in broad daylight as he was targeted by two ruthless brothers who control the Real IRA in Dublin.

Kelly – who loved fast cars and women – had barely any major criminal convictions and never served any jail time

so another innocent man was murdered for no reason? :rolleyes:

the evidence is the same for mika kelly rings through for alan ryan, it was common knowledge he profited from drugs although not directly in the dealing

can we just cut the bullshít
    " it was common knowledge ", BS talk, pub talk, boards.ie talk, Dr Sir Tony O'Reilly's fairytale reporters etc

You are denying that he made a living from crime? This is hardly a random question.

Are you a politician by any chance? Its really hard to put a straight question to you and get a straight answer from it.

I'll answer your question as if I had put it to you,

"You are denying that he made a living from a means other than crime?"

" it was common knowledge ", BS talk, pub talk, boards.ie talk, Dr Sir Tony O'Reilly's fairytale reporters etc
    Why did he not sue? He would have made hundreds of thousands.
    Because it was true that he was criminal scum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

the same thing goes for targeting 'drug dealers', most of these guys dont have any convictions to do with drugs but from " it was common knowledge ", BS talk, pub talk, boards.ie talk, Dr Sir Tony O'Reilly's fairytale reporters etc" as you put it, but it didnt stop alan ryan extorting money from them and murdering them!

Are you a politician by any chance? Its really hard to put a straight question to you and get a straight answer from it.

I'll answer your question as if I had put it to you,

"You are denying that he made a living from a means other than crime?"
    Yes, I am denying that. Evidence: nobody has mentioned that he even had a job. Further evidence: history of arrests for crime.

Now - your turn: evidence that he did have a job? (other than crime)

• Advertisement

the same thing goes for targeting 'drug dealers', most of these guys dont have any convictions to do with drugs but from " it was common knowledge ", BS talk, pub talk, boards.ie talk, Dr Sir Tony O'Reilly's fairytale reporters etc" as you put it, but it didnt stop alan ryan extorting money from them and murdering them!
    Stop confusing these people with your fancy correct use of logic.

So if someone doesnt sue a paper when they make false accusations it means they are true?

Heard it all now

Fair enough, you didn't call him a drug dealer but you did infer that I "rejoice in the life of and support a criminal." in a previous post. It seems my crime is that I pointed out that the turn out by the local community he lived in shows he was far from been the character portrayed by Dr Sir O'Reilly's toilet papers.

I actually countered your claim that anyone having negative comments on the funeral for any reason was not a republican. You see how that works?

So if someone doesnt sue a paper when they make false accusations it means they are true?

Heard it all now
    So you have no explanation for why he didn't collect a fortune from the rags that were 'libelling' him?

Your version of events sounds - almost - unbelievable...

But you still believe in your heart that this man was a noble Robin Hood figure, fighting injustice, making the country safe for children and small animals, fighting our evil oppressors, the British...what a f*cking hero!

Sure one of these big drug dealers told him he wasn't making money anymore because of the recession,seems it wasn't hard to find out the truth,when the drug dealers themselves were admitting it!!

What a clever bunch ay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

If this thread shows anything it is how brain dead his supporters are

Boombastic wrote: »
    If this thread shows anything it is how brain dead his supporters are
    Morons, like death and taxes, will always be with us.

So you have no explanation for why he didn't collect a fortune from the rags that were 'libelling' him?

Your version of events sounds - almost - unbelievable...

But you still believe in your heart that this man was a noble Robin Hood figure, fighting injustice, making the country safe for children and small animals, fighting our evil oppressors, the British...what a f*cking hero!

No I don't believe that. I said at the beginning that the person who killed him was probably as bad as he was.

So because he didnt sue, it means its true?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Bergkamp 10

The only morons here are those slandering a dead man. The same names as usual.

It's funny it's so common knowledge of these supposed crimes AR committed. How come he was so loved by everyone who knew him , and how come most importantly, there is NO evidence he committed these crimes?

If it is common knowledge then the Gardai would know everything about it. Yet he was never charged? The gardai would have loved nothing better than to remove AR from the streets, yet none of these alleged crimes could ever be proven? And make no mistake when the Gardai want to put someone behind bars they will find the truth out. Obviously the truth was nowhere near as bad as some wannabe Paul Williams' here truely think.

RIP

Why did he not sue? He would have made hundreds of thousands.
    Because it was true that he was criminal scum
    The dead cannot sue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If it is common knowledge then the Gardai would know everything about it. Yet he was never charged?
    He was due to appear in court on charges of extortion when he was killed.
    The gardai would have loved nothing better than to remove AR from the streets, yet none of these alleged crimes could ever be proven?
    Gotta love the mental gymnastics here.

If the Gardai would have loved nothing more than to remove him, then clearly he's involved in something? Otherwise the Gardai wouldn't give a crap?

If he was an innocent man causing no trouble, then surely the Gardai would have left him alone?

seamus wrote: »
    If it is common knowledge then the Gardai would know everything about it. Yet he was never charged?
    The gardai would have loved nothing better than to remove AR from the streets, yet none of these alleged crimes could ever be proven?

If the Gardai would have loved nothing more than to remove him, then clearly he's involved in something? Otherwise the Gardai wouldn't give a crap?

If he was an innocent man causing no trouble, then surely the Gardai would have left him alone?

If you read up on that case,the judge told the gard investigating,that if she didn't come up with any evidence he would throw the case out,this was after numerous court appearances where there was no evidence produced.

The only morons here are those slandering a dead man. The same names as usual.

It's funny it's so common knowledge of these supposed crimes AR committed. How come he was so loved by everyone who knew him , and how come most importantly, there is NO evidence he committed these crimes?

If it is common knowledge then the Gardai would know everything about it. Yet he was never charged? The gardai would have loved nothing better than to remove AR from the streets, yet none of these alleged crimes could ever be proven? And make no mistake when the Gardai want to put someone behind bars they will find the truth out. Obviously the truth was nowhere near as bad as some wannabe Paul Williams' here truely think.

RIP
    Well I don't think he was liked universally, but clearly by the turnout of ordinary people in his neighbourhood he was well respected and as I stated I'm not a supporter of the RIRA. As for the "the same names as usual " yeah, wonder where what unionist scumhole are they really from ? Portadown, Larne etc I suppose :rolleyes:

So because he didnt sue, it means its true?
    It is very strong evidence that it is true - unless you can explain why he turned up his nose at hundreds of thousands of euro?

He was a republican aligned with the 32CSM, the garda are out to get like that, just the way it is. (even "casual" members, ie those who turn up every now and again to commemorations and do nothing else can still expect harassment from the garda)

Sure you still get Sinn Fein members getting harassed by the garda.

• Advertisement

Well I don't think he was liked universally, but clearly by the turnout of ordinary people in his neighbourhood he was well respected and as I stated I'm not a supporter of the RIRA. As for the "the same names as usual " yeah, wonder where what unionist scumhole are they really from ? Portadown, Larne etc I suppose :rolleyes:
    Parity of esteem? Well played.

The Gardai tried to frame up the McBrearty's and many others down the years - so don't give us that one. Just because coppers suspects or harrasses someone it doesn't mean anything, it's a pity they weren't as keen on investigating the banksters and the rest of them now isn't it :mad:

No what I'm saying is, obviously he was a member of the 32csm and obviously the RIRA, and that is reason enough for Special Branch to be watching him 24/7 which they were (although conveniently not on the day of his death).

But these pathetic rumours of his involvement in drugs and murders, claims nobody can prove. If he was he would be long in prison for it.

I like to stick to the facts you see, unlike the Herald brigade on here. AR was in prison for Ira offences 13 years ago. He was due in court for extortion, but he was innocent until proven guilty like all accused.

In fact if he was innocent of the extortion I wouldn't be surprised at all, considering he was innocent of other alleged crimes.

I have to laugh at all the wannabe detective Columbos on here, you didnt know the man last week but now you know everything.

Stick to the facts at hand, you wont go too far wrong.

Parity of esteem? Well played.
    Couldn't care less about them, try wearing a GAA or ROI shirt around some unionist scumhole like Ballymena or Colreaine and then you'll see what unionist parity of esteem is.

The dead cannot sue.
    He wasn't always dead though, as I understand it.

But these pathetic rumours of his involvement in drugs and murders, claims nobody can prove. If he was he would be long in prison for it.
    Like Micka Kelly was? :rolleyes: Like the Monk? Like the General?

He wasn't always dead though, as I understand it.
    Most of the allegations about been a drug dealer etc have come out since his murder as far as I can see.

Like Micka Kelly was? :rolleyes: Like the Monk? Like the General?

Prove it. Throwing your toys out of the pram when your questioned on your lies I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

He was a republican aligned with the 32CSM, the garda are out to get like that, just the way it is. (even "casual" members, ie those who turn up every now and again to commemorations and do nothing else can still expect harassment from the garda)

Sure you still get Sinn Fein members getting harassed by the garda.
    Let me get this straight, Alan Ryan never did anything illegal, the gardai just harassed him because he's a republican? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

...wonder where what unionist scumhole are they really from ? Portadown, Larne etc I suppose :rolleyes:
    Less of this crap, please.

/mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement