Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIRA Man shot dead in broad daylight

1161718192022»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Like Micka Kelly was? :rolleyes: Like the Monk? Like the General?

Prove it. Throwing your toys out of the pram when your questioned on your lies I see.
    He was an extortionist, involved in punishment beatings& a member of an illegal & subversive organization, you want proof, ask his victims

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Have any drug dealers come foreward to say AR stopped them selling drugs without asking them for a tax first .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

He was a member of an illegal organisation.
    A terrorist.

That is very much illegal in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Stun guns you mean... He used to confiscate drugs from people in the pub and hand them into the garda, he went to great lengths to have a drug free pub, a rarity in that community.

You have any evidence for what you say?

People just slate him because of the queen banner
    You forgot (silly you) to metion the fact that he is a criminal thug who along with that other (happily now deceased lowlife) Al Capone Ryan threatened other publicans in the area to close so he could cash in!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Bergkamp 10

ball ox wrote: »
    A terrorist.

I dont think anyone has denied that.

Its the other lies and rubbish I'm taking issue with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Prove it. Throwing your toys out of the pram when your questioned on your lies I see.
    Prove what? I've demonstrated that career criminals and gang leaders do not necessarily end up in prison for their crimes - which shows up your claim for the bullsh!t that it is.

Please don't throw your toys anywhere.

I'm still waiting to hear what he did for a living, if not live off the proceeds of crime - any of his arse-lickers here willing to help with this mystery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Prove what? I've demonstrated that career criminals and gang leaders do not necessarily end up in prison for their crimes - which shows up your claim for the bullsh!t that it is.

I'm still waiting to hear what he did for a living, if not live of the proceeds of crime - any of his arse-lickers here willing to help with this mystery?
    He won his money in the bookies .

SocSocPol wrote: »
    You forgot (silly you) to metion the fact that he is a criminal thug who along with that other (happily now deceased lowlife) Al Capone Ryan threatened other publicans in the area to close so he could cash in!

I think people like you are alot worse than AR.

It's not that long ago, you said you hoped Sean Quinn got cancer.

For most people, that comment would make you a scumbag. You and your ilk don't like to hear or dabble in the truth though. You prefer unsubstantiated lies and anonymous slander.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

Nothing random about my questions, not one single one of you have produced a single piece of evidence that Alan Ryan was invovled in drug dealing.

He was scumbag, RA head prick that made his money by extortion and murder.

Anybody that comes onto a forum and tries to say otherwise is a scumbag too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Well I don't think he was liked universally, but clearly by the turnout of ordinary people in his neighbourhood he was well respected and as I stated I'm not a supporter of the RIRA. As for the "the same names as usual " yeah, wonder where what unionist scumhole are they really from ? Portadown, Larne etc I suppose :rolleyes:
    Beautiful post, shows the twisted and bigoted mindset that ordinary, law abiding people in this state and it,s neighbouring juristiction are up against.
    And I wish people would stop calling these organized criminal thugs "Dissident Republicans", they would be better referred to as "Deviant Thugs".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭finty

The only morons here are those slandering a dead man. The same names as usual.

It's funny it's so common knowledge of these supposed crimes AR committed. How come he was so loved by everyone who knew him , and how come most importantly, there is NO evidence he committed these crimes?

If it is common knowledge then the Gardai would know everything about it. Yet he was never charged? The gardai would have loved nothing better than to remove AR from the streets, yet none of these alleged crimes could ever be proven? And make no mistake when the Gardai want to put someone behind bars they will find the truth out. Obviously the truth was nowhere near as bad as some wannabe Paul Williams' here truely think.

RIP

He was arrested and convicted of possession of a firearm.

He was also arrested at a RIRA training camp and convicted on the charges from that arrest.

Those are facts.

Its one of those things about a civilised society with a criminal justice system that we have judges and juries that convict people of crimes. For that they need conclusive evidence.

Unfortunatley one of the by products of a fair system is that some scum get to roam the streets for longer than anyone would wigh.

For almost all major crime the Gardai know exactly what happened. Proving it beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law is a bit harder.

Lelantos wrote: »
    He was an extortionist, involved in punishment beatings& a member of an illegal & subversive organization, you want proof, ask his victims

Nah I'll stick to the Gardai and law and order to show me proof of AR crimes.

Funny though, the only crime he was done for was membership really, the rest is more lies buddy. The rest is spin from your Evening Herald.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

ball ox wrote: »
    A terrorist.

I dont think anyone has denied that.

Its the other lies and rubbish I'm taking issue with.

I'm just addressing the people that reckon the guards harassed him because he was nationalist. If they did harass him I'd imagine it was because he was a terrorist. Which I'd be a lot more concerned about than drug dealing/extortion

Now to be fair, I don't know much about this case or have much interest in it. I'm assuming the media are correct in saying he was in the RIRA, the images of his funeral would also suggest this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

Seems to me that the Sunday Independent ' nationalists ' are so upset because some people have the audacity of not swallowing the black propaganda of AR's murder from Dr Sir Tony O'Reilly's toilet papers. I know I'm late into the thread, but the fact that these very same people seem to be justifying the murder of a man on the streets of Dublin - it says it all about the value system in our wee Gombeen republic :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I'm still waiting to hear what he did for a living, if not live off the proceeds of crime - any of his arse-lickers here willing to help with this mystery?

Once again,your theory that because he had no job this equates him to been a criminal?

I don't see your point in this constant pushing about if he was employed or not.

cloptrop wrote: »
    He won his money in the bookies .
    Same as Bertie!

He was scumbag, RA head prick that made his money by extortion and murder.

Anybody that comes onto a forum and tries to say otherwise is a scumbag too.

Do you have any proof of your lies or is it all just in your head?

I will judge by his criminal record, not by an anonymous butter wouldnt melt type on the internet.

It seems some people dont like to hear the truth, they prefer their own version of events.

I think people like you are alot worse than AR.

It's not that long ago, you said you hoped Sean Quinn got cancer.

For most people, that comment would make you a scumbag. You and your ilk don't like to hear or dabble in the truth though. You prefer unsubstantiated lies and anonymous slander.
    LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I think this thread has ran its course. Nothing but ad hominums and sniping crap now and if it stays open much longer, I don't doubt that there will be bans handed out.

I'm saving you from yourselves.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement