Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIRA Man shot dead in broad daylight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

AEDIC wrote: »
    Oh the irony...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Mafia style thugs wrapped in a tricolour.

Chuck, Chuck....can you not bring yourself to see the bigger picture. The murdered lad had a mission in life to deliver us all to the promised land of a 'united Ireland'. Through thick and thin, he was as stoical as any of those who have trodden that wellworn path. Clear of thought, unshakeable in his beliefs, certain in his idealism, knowing in his heart what the Irish ultimately want and simply must get too. Aaaagh...such men will not die in vain for they are driven by 'the flame' ! They KNOW what is best for us all.....they are the Pied Pipers of the current generation.....and we must follow. Such intelligence, such knowledge as he had, drove him to do the things he did on our behalf albeit for a largely ungrateful public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

seamus wrote: »
    Yeah, it's Paul Williams's fault for naming dirty scumbags.

They should be left in peace to be dirty scumbags.

If you get involved in this stuff, you're going to die young. Blaming reporters or anything else is ridiculous. He has only himself to blame for getting involved in this nonsense.

His family should realise that he has accomplished nothing significant in his life except to cause more pain and suffering and hopefully his children will go off and do something useful with their lives.

You do realise he was responsible for alot of people going into drug rehabilitation ? , Paul Williams is an idiot, he SENSATIONALIZES things. I was reading an article about the deceased and Mr Genius Williams couldnt even get his home county correct.
    If Paul Williams outs these guys to Joe public, brilliant! Nothing to do with him getting killed, the guys who did that don't need Mr Williams telling them about this scum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Capri Man wrote: »
    Leave Paul Williams alone. He's only doing his job and letting ordinary people know whats out there.

Lets get one thing straight. Paul Williams is clearly a tosser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

anncoates wrote: »
    Bullet holes.

Ah right so absolutely sweet f**k all evidence that he was shaking down dealers. Just the usual guff from the usual suspects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

With people that know Alan posting here, it might be an idea to clear a few things up. Did the papers make him out to be something he wasn't?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Stupidest post so far

Yeah yeah yeah, I care less.

Fúck the Real IRA, and their supporters.

They are poxy cancer on our society.

A shower of drug pushing, intimidating menacing scum who contribute nothing but grief to society.

These so called republicans continue to drag the country they allegedly purport to fight for through the mire with their criminal activities.

They bring shame to the honour and memory of true republicans both living and dead.

I make no apologies for being glad to see terrorising scum like Alan Ryan being removed from our streets.

May the rest of the RIRA follow him to an early grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 The fighter

AEDIC wrote: »
    Eh no, Its well known the man is fond of drugs himself.

you of course have evidence of that claim :rolleyes:
    He hated drugs and drink you ****ing saps that how his da died and not one of his brothers or sister drink

With people that know Alan posting here, it might be an idea to clear a few things up. Did the papers make him out to be something he wasn't?
    I know Alan and he is not as bad as what papers say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

To these people, if you own a business or a car you are a west Brit. You are not a real Irish person unless you come from a working class area, hate Britain and wear a Scottish football Jersey.

This is there logic. In years to come people will be asking why we didn't put them in a mental hospital.

I dont agree with their opinions or actions, and they wouldnt have the time of day for someone like myself, but the above is clearly utter sh!te from someone who doesnt have a clue what they are talking about

As for those cheerleading the people who did this, you do know that those people are as bad as, if not worse, than the guy they shot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

He hated drugs and drink you ****ing saps that how his da died and not one of his brothers or sister drink

But people will chose to ignore this because it doesn't suit their agenda.

I was actually talking about Paul Williams:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

To be fair to v.i.a.t. he was talking about Paul Williams and not your friend.

seiphil wrote: »

But people will chose to ignore this because it doesn't suit their agenda.
    Yeah cause there talking out there hole about some thing they don't the facts about he was a great laugh a funny ****er was not as bad as they say but yeah he took no crap off the dealers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

so it was obviously some disgruntled dealers who smoked him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

them ****es are ruining the good name of republicanism
    whats worse is he robbed from that organisation therefore reducing there ability to operate

Crux of the movement argument.....
    "he was a decent oul skin who gave a few drug dealers a slap on his own, and they blew him away for it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

He was shot because he didnt take crap from drug dealers, he ruffled a few feathers, He was well loved in republican circles and to take such glee from his death is actually horrible. The papers posting pictures of him lying on the road like that is equally horrible. His family have to wake up this morning and deal with the death of their son/ brother. I wouldnt wish that on anyone.
    It wasn't fecken batman that was shot.

whats worse is he robbed from that organisation therefore reducing there ability to operate

What are you even talking about?! He was loved by republicans, Its a gigantic loss!

• Advertisement

What are you even talking about?! He was loved by republicans, Its a gigantic loss!

......of revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

only a certain brand of republicans...

I dont believe half the sh!te the likes of the herald say about him though

Cienciano wrote: »
    It wasn't fecken batman that was shot.

Yeah very funny.. , He done his best for the country and had strong beliefs , as someone else said he was at protests for the cuts etc, He loved the country and he's done alot more for it than I'd say alot of you people that are so quick to blacken his name have done. How would you feel if one of your kids was given a bit of coke etc by these dealers? would you be so quick to hate him then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭user2012

I don't particularly like Paul Williams. He seems to have the same air of self importance & the overinflated ego of the criminals he follows.
    However, in all the articles he wrote about the deceased & in all the photos that were printed I still wouldnt be able to recognise him on the street.
    Presumably people in his area would know his line of business so it wouldn't have been a huge shock to buy the Sunday World & find a feature on him.

Blood on Williams hands? Don't be so naive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Let's not go nuts. When you say 'republicans', who exactly do you mean? I'm a republican in the true sense of the word but I certainly wouldn't support or admire people like him. I wouldn't wish for him or anyone else to be murdered either, but that doesn't mean tacit approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

I don't sympathise with the IRA or RIRA cause, but the kneejerk reactions of the first few post (and the amount of thanks they got) would leave you bewildered. Who knows this man and his M.O?

Irish society (and its sometime microcosm, boards.ie) has a way to go to growing up about the whole north/south divide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Why can't we all just agree that special branch should be allowed to clean up the likes of this chap instead of waiting for his business rivals to get rid of him for us?

Letting them kill each other allows innocents to get caught in the crossfire.

Yeah very funny.. , He done his best for the country and had strong beliefs , as someone else said he was at protests for the cuts etc, He loved the country and he's done alot more for it than I'd say alot of you people that are so quick to blacken his name have done. How would you feel if one of your kids was given a bit of coke etc by these dealers? would you be so quick to hate him then?

Why didnt he becoming a member of An Garda Siochana if he wanted to rid the streets of Drug dealers?
    Oh that's right, he hated the Gardai too.
    As does all his cronies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You do realise he was responsible for alot of people going into drug rehabilitation ?
    I fail to see how that's relevant.

There isn't some kind of "good deed" balance in the world where the good things you do outweigh the bad.

A scumbag involved in criminal activities could spend half his days volunteering at orphanages, but that doesn't suddenly make his scumbaggery OK. He would remain a scumbag.

By all accounts Ryan had fallen out with the RIRA people in Dublin and all of the drug dealers on the northside because he was attempting to take control. So whodunnit is an open question but whydunnit isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

No decent person cares about whatever organisation he belonged to. Scum terrorists who deserve nothing but our contempt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

You do realise he was responsible for alot of people going into drug rehabilitation ?
    I fail to see how that's relevant.

There isn't some kind of "good deed" balance in the world where the good things you do outweigh the bad.

A scumbag involved in criminal activities could spend half his days volunteering at orphanages, but that doesn't suddenly make his scumbaggery OK. He would remain a scumbag.

By all accounts Ryan had fallen out with the RIRA people in Dublin and all of the drug dealers on the northside because he was attempting to take control. So whodunnit is an open question but whydunnit isn't.

By all accounts?which ones are these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Pretty much any media coverage I've seen.

One can of course be skeptical of the media, but proper journalists often possess more facts than even the friends and family of those involved.

One can of course be skeptical of the media, but proper journalists often possess more facts than even the friends and family of those involved.

Well I've not heard anything like that, only good things.. if he was as bad as the media like to make out why are so many people grieving him? , The media love to make people seem ten times worse.. it sells papers.

I haven't seen any reports that he fell out with the rira,must be just me but.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

His way of earning a living seemed to consist of extortion, running protection rackets and shaking down drug dealers. Would his friends posting here like to tell us what he actually did for a living?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

This murder has certainly polarised the boards community in this thread.

Lucky words don't cause death.

ROFLMAO

Proper journalists don't base their stories solely on gossip from anonymous "garda" sources. If the journos had "facts" this guy would have been behind bars, like you they've nothing of substance at all, just gossip and guff.

Well I've not heard anything like that, only good things.. if he was as bad as the media like to make out why are so many people grieving him? , The media love to make people seem ten times worse.. it sells papers.
    Something tells me you haven't heard from anyone he demanded protection money from. He was a great guy, but shook people down for protection money. :rolleyes:

Something tells me you haven't heard from anyone he demanded protection money from. He was a great guy, but shook people down for protection money. :rolleyes:

Something tells me you havent met people destroyed by drugs :rolleyes:

How do you know he done it personally ?

I feel so bad for the poor little rich drug pushers..

Like who?

Something tells me you haven't heard from anyone he demanded protection money from.

Have you? Please do share.

• Advertisement

His way of earning a living seemed to consist of extortion, running protection rackets and shaking down drug dealers. Would his friends posting here like to tell us what he actually did for a living?

He did odd jobs around the place.
    oh and if you heard a rumour someone was a drug dealer, he would knock at their door and kindly ask them to stop.
    By himself it must be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

How would you feel if one of your kids was given a bit of coke etc by these dealers? would you be so quick to hate him then?

how would you feel if your dad built up a business from scratch and put blood sweat and tears into it and when it starts making money for some prick to turn up and tell you he'll burn the business to the ground if you dont start handing over the profits???

and before you start...
    Mr Ryan was on bail awaiting serious criminal charges arising from an alleged extortion racket he was involved in.

and just because he was gunned down before he'd be convicted (lets cut the bullshít) dosent make him clean.

btw i feel sorry for his family and i dont believe anybody deserves to die like he did but he was what he was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Next time people complain about Junkies all over Dublin just remember how glad you were when somebody who was trying to stop that was killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Red_Wake wrote: »
    They'd describe themselves as such though.

I describe myself as tall, handsome, athletically built and with a full head of hair. Doesnt make it so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

seiphil wrote: »
    Next time people complain about Junkies all over Dublin just remember how glad you were when somebody who was trying to stop that was killed.

Keep deluding yourself.

davet82 wrote: »
    How would you feel if one of your kids was given a bit of coke etc by these dealers? would you be so quick to hate him then?

how would you feel if your dad built up a business from scratch and put blood sweat and tears into it and when it starts making money for some prick to turn up and tell you he'll burn the business to the ground if you dont start handing over the profits???

and before you start...
    Mr Ryan was on bail awaiting serious criminal charges arising from an alleged extortion racket he was involved in.

and just because he was gunned down before he'd be convicted (lets cut the bullshít) dosent make him clean.

btw i feel sorry for his family and i dont believe anybody deserves to die like he did but he was what he was
    If you knew anything about that case you would know the judge was on the verge of throwing it out
    of court due to the gards lack of evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

RVP 11 wrote: »
    He did odd jobs around the place.
    oh and if you heard a rumour someone was a drug dealer, he would knock at their door and kindly ask them to stop.
    By himself it must be said.

My bollix he did. Kindly? And they stopped too I would imagine? Just because he kindly told them to?

Im thinking this is the dummest post yet.................although there is some stiff competition.

Amalgam wrote: »
    Keep deluding yourself.

How are they deluding themselves ?

Was he out robbing old womens handbags to pay for heroin?
    Was he out breaking into peoples homes to fund drugs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Think RVP was being ironic

• Advertisement

Something tells me you havent met people destroyed by drugs :rolleyes:

How do you know he done it personally ?

I feel so bad for the poor little rich drug pushers..

Well, a guy taking drug money is as bad as a drug dealer imho. And he also took money off legitimate business according to reports. Imagine trying to scrape a living and this scumbag comes in demanding cash off you? But his friend said he was a great lad, so it's ok :rolleyes:

Actually, you're on defending a guy who gardai describe as "leading member of one of the most dangerous crime gangs in the State and was also a member of the so-called Real IRA"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement