Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIRA Man shot dead in broad daylight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Something tells me you havent met people destroyed by drugs :rolleyes:

How do you know he done it personally ?

I feel so bad for the poor little rich drug pushers..

Yes, they had to share their drug profits with him or they'd get shot. So what did he actually work at over the years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Think RVP was being ironic

:o

ooops!!

frag420 wrote: »
    My bollix he did. Kindly? And they stopped too I would imagine? Just because he kindly told them to?

Im thinking this is the dummest post yet.................although there is some stiff competition.

I was being Sarcastic, you have a short memory lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

seamus wrote: »
    By all accounts Ryan had fallen out with the RIRA people in Dublin and all of the drug dealers on the northside because he was attempting to take control. So whodunnit is an open question but whydunnit isn't.

Whodunnit isn't really that much an open question.

The prominent NW Dublin drugs gang were out for revenge for the murder of Sean Winters in Portmarnock almost exactly 2 years ago allegedly by the RIRA, among other matters to be settled. Then there's the other feud the RIRA have with the CIRA who want revenge for the murder of Liam Kenny, again among other matters to be settled. Hopefully it's a case of one or the other because a combination of the both would mean even greater future mayhem.

But he was still a decent oul skin.
    Loved this country.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

How are they deluding themselves ?

Was he out robbing old womens handbags to pay for heroin?
    Was he out breaking into peoples homes to fund drugs?

You're right. I apologise. After going over your posts I have to admit, I averted my gaze from the power and clarity, clear vision you have of this country and its values.

The man was a seer, if you will.. a Che Guevara for our troubled Dublin times. If he had been allowed to live, grannys would be safe. I hope many young people look up to him and follow his lead.

I'd like to get into the aul' extortion meself, but I don't have much time for it, after finishing a 'normal' day's work.. I just feel like having a cup of tea and watching the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Confab wrote: »
    A terrorist killed, you say? One down, many to go. And I don't care what political party/dogma/religion they represent, they have to go.

YEAH!! We should kill all the people who think they have a right to kill.....wait a second

Amalgam wrote: »
    You're right. I apologise. After going over your posts I have to admit, I averted my gaze from the power and clarity, clear vision you have of this country and its values.

The man was a seer, if you will.. a Che Guevara for our troubled Dublin times. If he had been allowed to live, grannys would be safe. I hope many young people look up to him and follow his lead.

I'd like to get into the aul' extortion meself, but I don't have much time for it, after finishing a 'normal' day's work.. I just feel like having a cup of tea and watching the news.
    I know you're being funny, but what's even funnier, they actually believe that, and sure if they pocket a few quid along the way, no loss.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

is there some kind of IRA cult going around brainwashing people??? i cant take some of the posters here seriously...

if you are extorting money in the name of the IRA from legitimate business and law abidding citizens its ok if you are a vigilante who hates drugs thats ok??

sure fcuk soceity and its rules, we'll all just make up our own as we go...

even if it was true that he was some sort of selfless crusader, two wrongs dont make a right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Amazing, people celebrating the murder of someone, in the same breath accusing that someone of murder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

RVP 11 wrote: »
    I know you're being funny, but what's even funnier, they actually believe that, and sure if they pocket a few quid along the way, no loss.:pac:

Sadly, I know that.. I've worked alongside a few 'characters' over the years, they don't recognise the state, but they recognise it enough to hobble down to collect the scratch and associated benefits, when it suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

If you knew anything about that case you would know the judge was on the verge of throwing it out
    of court due to the gards lack of evidence.

Not because he was innocent then? :rolleyes:

Amalgam wrote: »
    Sadly, I know that.. I've worked alongside a few 'characters' over the years, they don't recognise the state, but they recognise it enough to hobble down to collect the scratch and associated benefits, when it suits.

And we doubt they love their country? ;)

Varied wrote: »
    Amazing, people celebrating the murder of someone, in the same breath accusing that someone of murder.

Celebrating? I must have missed the cake and balloons on my way in.

What we normal folk are in fact saying is that when a dangerous, scumbag criminal is killed by similar we dont give a flying fook. All this chat about think of his mother, his family and friends. Was he thinking of the family of the innocent business people he was extorting protection money from?

Nah, I didnt think so.

ROT IN PEACE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'm sure he wasn't any saint or anything, but revelling in a person's death is just disturbing.

Valetta wrote: »
    Not because he was innocent then? :rolleyes:

The words "lack of evidence" is an impulse response for them all they can't help it.
    It was used about 20 times last night on the phoneshow.

The words "lack of evidence" is an impulse response for them all they can't help it.
    It was used about 20 times last night on the phoneshow.

I'm glad you aren't a judge, let's hope you're not on a jury any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I'm sure he wasn't any saint or anything, but revelling in a person's death is just disturbing.
    When murders, tyrants & despots die, people rejoice

I'm glad you aren't a judge, let's hope you're not on a jury any time soon.

That's right, your kind despises Judges & Juries too.
    The only argument his defenders put forward here was he was loved by many.
    Yeah many a thug, who uses an organisation to justify their criminal actions.

One defender said last night, the Gardai helped kill him, because he couldnt carry a weapon to defend himself because they would pull him often.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

And people mourning the murder of this guy, but celebrating the fact he murdered other people

• Advertisement

That's right, your kind despises Judges & Juries too.

Only Keyboard judges that believe tabloid journalism is Gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Cienciano wrote: »
    And people mourning the murder of this guy, but celebrating the fact he murdered other people

How do you know he murdered anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

frag420 wrote: »
    My bollix he did. Kindly? And they stopped too I would imagine? Just because he kindly told them to?

Im thinking this is the dummest post yet.................although there is some stiff competition.

Terrific.

Only Keyboard judges that believe tabloid journalism is Gospel.

Nice avoidance there of the rest of the post Mr Freedom Fighter.;)
    Some people know of him you know, and no they aren't all drug dealers

Cienciano wrote: »

:D

Please point out the poster that did so I can agree with you.

Terrific.

Great input, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

All his mates were on 104 last night.
    Their main defence for the man was he was a staunch republican.:pac:
    A gentleman they said.
    Was concerned about drugs they said.
    Was setup by Paul Williams and the Garda they said.

No sympathy.

I think we can all agree he was a scumbag and that Paul William and the Sunday World are over sensationalist gobshiites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Cause they said it on the 104 phone show (or whatever that tripe is called). Where RVP seems to be getting all his info for this thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Ella wrote: »
    Cause they said it on the 104 phone show (or whatever that tripe is called). Where RVP seems to be getting all his info for this thread ;)

Oh yeah.. must be gospel:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

A bit of extortion? so what, make a bit of money from the drug dealing scum. Maybe if the police were doing their jobs this wouldnt happen, in fact alot of them are on a nice wage themselves from these dealers. It still doesnt take away the fact that a man was shot down in broad daylight yesterday and pictures of him dying are posted the next morning for all to see.

As you seem to state this is an extremely knowledgeable way I presume that you're going to be a good citizen and name these fellas to their superiors and give them all the relevant details.. :rolleyes:
    Eh no, Its well known the man is fond of drugs himself.

Likewise. I wouldn't be his greatest fan by a long shot but if you're going to broadcast these 'facts' then be sure to be able to back them up with solid proof. That applies as much to Williams as it does to you BTW!!!

^^ This ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Story in the op. Which you obviously didn't read because you seem to think he's a great lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Died fighting the good fight against the government,gardai, and self-oppressing people of Ireland by all accounts.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Anyone else have less problem with a scumbag selling a bit of weed than a scumbag being involved in a pseudo-terrorist organisation that if it was more competent would be blowing up innocent civilians in the name of our country?

Oh yeah.. must be gospel:pac:

He was just a good 'ol boy on his way home from the local Barnardos.
    **Que littlest hobo music**

It's funny you lot swear you never heard of the gutter media until a patriot is caught doing something illegal and then you all ring in.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

So what's the verdict am I suppose to care? because mustering the energy to give a flying fcuk will be hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Alan Ryan 10 years ago was sound, yesterday his live ended because of the life he choose.

His local was Anthony Stokes fathers pub the players lounge before it was burned out, knew him from there and seemed alright but was not to be fcuked with. The whole extortion thing came from north of the border, he was following orders and he became the money man or bag man.

One of Ryans big mistakes was hitting the pub down the road from the players lounge, they felt it was interferring with takings in the players and customers were starting to drink in this new pub the 2 best mates had bought and revamped it. Alan decided a stop had to be put to it and it was, place got smashed up, people got hidings and fear of God was struck into people. Another downfall was when Micka and winters was killed, fingers were pointed and rumours started.

Would not suprise me one bit if this was a hit from within his own people, they wanted to put manners on him and it looks as if they have done it. Always remember no matter how big you think you are, there is always someone a little bit bigger than you.

It's funny you lot swear you never heard of the gutter media until a patriot is caught doing something illegal and then you all ring in.:pac:
    Oh I've heard of the show, hence my liking it to tripe.

Oh I've heard of the show, hence my liking it to tripe.

Yet you don't know what it's called?
    Is there a type of show you would only listen to on there?
    Like if it's about patriots gunned down in the line of duty?

I don't dispute it's tripe, it was full of defenders of the 32CSM last night, so i agree with you.:)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Randomly I was reading about the man and his associates recently on several different websites, papers etc. Not just the herald, sindo and SW rabble, but I read them aswell. I feel you are better reading these things and forming your own opinion.

Because the only people who know the real truth about these things are a minority of those involved, and probably certain Gardai figures, who also have their own agendas which aren't always correct either.

As others said, it literally could have been any grouping involved. I hope anyway that this doesnt go the way of the Liam Kenny murder last year. Alot of similarities but that was very quickly swept under the carpet and the killers I believe were never found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Alan Ryan 10 years ago was sound, yesterday his life ended because of the life he choose.......

And therein lies the reason I give not a fiddlers fúck about the leech or any of his ilk.

Yet you don't know what it's called?
    Is there a type of show you would only listen to on there?
    Like if it's about patriots gunned down in the line of duty?

I don't dispute it's tripe, it was full of defenders of the 32CSM last night, so i agree with you.:)
    Good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

He was shot because he didnt take crap from drug dealers, he ruffled a few feathers, He was well loved in republican circles and to take such glee from his death is actually horrible. The papers posting pictures of him lying on the road like that is equally horrible. His family have to wake up this morning and deal with the death of their son/ brother. I wouldnt wish that on anyone.
    No, he didn't take crap, he took a cut of their earnings. Scum.

Good stuff.

The stuff he used to steal off the dealers? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

"We're just telling you this so that you can make a choice not to be with him because he is a dirtbird. He never uses anything (condoms) and you'd want to get yourself checked out."

:pac:

So not only did the drug dealers, Media & Special branch have something to gain from his death, so did about 20 women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I don't revel in it, but the world is a better place without him. We already have too much criminal scum walking our streets.

The stuff he used to steal off the dealers? :p
    Money?

msg11 wrote: »
    "We're just telling you this so that you can make a choice not to be with him because he is a dirtbird. He never uses anything (condoms) and you'd want to get yourself checked out."

:pac:

His grave will prob be the cleanest hole he was ever in:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement