Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIRA Man shot dead in broad daylight

Comments

Ella wrote: »
    Money?
    Only money? :pac: (not that it would be right, still scum)
    Everyone believes that, sure.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

No, he didn't take crap, he took a cut of their earnings. Scum.
    I doubt that very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Some people would believe anything they've read.. the man has died in horrific circumstances, leaving alot of distraught people, It's actually stomach turning to read how some people take glee in his death, or to say they hope ''he never spawned scum'' .. He was clearly well loved by those around him and theres no need for such distasteful hatred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

DB10 wrote: »
    I doubt that very much.
    You don't understand how these gangs operate?

Some people would believe anything they've read.. the man has died in horrific circumstances, leaving alot of distraught people, It's actually stomach turning to read how some people take glee in his death, or to say they hope ''he never spawned scum'' .. He was clearly well loved by those around him and theres no need for such distasteful hatred.
    There's no need for criminal terrorist scum either, but I don't see you complaining about them...

There's no need for criminal terrorist scum either, but I don't see you complaining about them...

Who are the criminal terrorist scum ?!

please elaborate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Sleepy wrote: »
    Anyone else have less problem with a scumbag selling a bit of weed than a scumbag being involved in a pseudo-terrorist organisation that if it was more competent would be blowing up innocent civilians in the name of our country?

nobody selling just 'weed' was ever targetted by them.

there hasnt been a bombing in a long time i dont think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Seen as his friends and loved ones are reading the thread I think people should hold off on slating their dead friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Did all these distraught people know how he was making a living? Did they support him and keep quiet for him? did they spend the illegally gained money? If they did, they can fcuk right off with their whinging now.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. When you lie with dogs you get fleas etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

please elaborate...
    Your dead buddy

Lelantos wrote: »
    Your dead buddy

As stated I've never had the pleasure of speaking to him, His death has caused alot of devastation, stop being so blood thirsty and let the man rest in peace, He was out there trying to clean up the streets of drug dealers when alot of people were sitting on their asses, It took some courage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Usually the ones he terrorised out of their hard earned money!!

please elaborate...
    That would be the Real IRA. Amongst other criminal scum, of course.

HTH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

please elaborate...

I've asked before but what did Alan ever do for a living?, what kind of work did he do?

As stated I've never had the pleasure of speaking to him, His death has caused alot of devastation, stop being so blood thirsty and let the man rest in peace, He was out there trying to clean up the streets of drug dealers when alot of people were sitting on their asses, It took some courage.

You owe me for dry cleaning as I just spluttered coffee all over my trouser laughing at that nonsense!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Lelantos wrote: »
    Your dead buddy

Sorry, but did your ever write for Pravda because I've never read so much rubbish in my life. Alan Ryan will not be missed by any law abiding people of this country. It doesn't take courage to wave guns around & threaten business owners with harm to themselves or their business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

please elaborate...

I've asked before but what did Alan ever do for a living?, what kind of work did he do?
    What has this got to do with anything?so if someone is unemployed their also a criminal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Anyone who considers themselves to be a decent human being needs to take a long, hard look at themselves if they're celebrating/enjoying this.

Regardless of what he did/didn't do - someone was murdered on the street and that's never a good thing.

What has this got to do with anything?so if someone is unemployed their also a criminal?

How did he afford his snazzy clothes and car? Not on dole money he didnt.
    Anyone who considers themselves to be a decent human being needs to take a long, hard look at themselves if they're celebrating/enjoying this.

Regardless of what he did/didn't do - someone was murdered on the street and that's never a good thing.

as pointed out before we are not celebrating, we just dont give a sh1t about him. Nothing personal but its no big deal that he is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Someone was murdered on the street. That's never a good thing.

Can we be satisfied that there is one less danger to society on the streets at least?

Serious question, but the man was awaiting proceedings against him over extortion, was considered a senior member of a terrorist republican organisation, and was rumored to be profiting from the drugs, via a protection racket, why should I sympathise with those who were willing to overlook his criminality just because they found him personable?

I'd like an answer, not some wishy washy wailing from question dodgers lamenting the death of a man they make out to be a vigilante who died while attempting to clean up his country, when clearly the opposite was true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Changes thread to "Vigilante Shot dead in broad daylight":rolleyes:

or how about

"Good Samaritan slaughtered in hail of bullets"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭jh79

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/fresh-assault-and-possession-charges-for-celtic-stars-father-2872553.html

Thought he was anti-drugs????

Since it began reporting on the activities of terrorist groups in Ireland in 2003, the Independent Monitoring Commission has tracked the activities of the self-styled 'dissident' terror groups such as the 'Real' IRA and the 'Continuity' IRA.

In all its reports in the last few years, the Commission has repeated that the 'dissidents' are heavily involved in crime, primarily tiger kidnapping, armed robbery, extortion and smuggling. In its 21st report, issued earlier this year, the Independent Monitoring Commission also said the 'Continuity' IRA was involved in "brothel keeping".

frag420 wrote: »

How did he afford his snazzy clothes and car? Not on dole money he didnt.

as pointed out before we are not celebrating, we just dont give a sh1t about him. Nothing personal but its no big deal that he is gone.
    Seriously this is one of the most retarded post ever.once someone is unemployed they shouldn't have snazzy clothes and a car,right ok,nice generalisation there.

He was out there trying to clean up the streets of drug dealers
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

WOOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO

AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

jh79 wrote: »

I cant see anything about Alan Ryan being charged over it??:confused:

Seriously this is one of the most retarded post ever.once someone is unemployed they shouldn't have snazzy clothes and a car,right ok,nice generalisation there.

It's also retarded to think he could maintain such a lifestyle on the dole

or was he knitting scarves and selling them to his cowardly mates?

Boombastic wrote: »

Apparently he never had a job, all his money came from crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Stokes would regularly bring drugs he had confiscated to clontarf garda station,ask any gard there they will tell you this.

The gards wanted the players lounge closed and they eventually succeeded in that.

Why would the Gardai want a pub shut down:confused:

You don't know any circumstances as to why he had or had no money.their are many reasons people could have money even if their unemployed which doesn't involve the things you're accusing him of.

How do you know he had money by the way,dideyou personally know him?

• Advertisement

You don't know any circumstances as to why he had or had no money.their are many reasons people could have money even if their unemployed which doesn't involve the things you're accusing him of.

Please don't insult our intelligence even if you insist on insulting your own. Nobody is buying this horsesh!t.

How do you know about his financial situation as a matter of interest?

and dont be so facetious.. Never seen such venom in a thread before.

There are many reasons people might have money, like knitting scarves;)

Stokes would regularly bring drugs he had confiscated to clontarf garda station,ask any gard there they will tell you this.

The gards wanted the players lounge closed and they eventually succeeded in that.

This thread is becoming comedy gold

Please don't insult our intelligence even if you insist on insulting your own. Nobody is buying this horsesh!t.

Insult your intelligence?wow it must be high up there.

bamboozle wrote: »

and the General used regularly pop into garda stations while his crew were robbing banks & jewellery stores - the man who doth protest too much...

you'd want to be very very naive not to realise that the deceased was nothing but a criminal who terrorised and extorted honest citizens of their hard earned cash while the only dealers he'd issues with were the ones not paying up to him and his crew.
    I think this could go on forever.people will believe what they want.

I'd rather base my own opinions,not on a paper like the sun which tapped a missing teenagers phone(milly dowler)just to sell papers,but on what people who know him told me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

The coming weeks and days will tell us who carried out the hit never a nice thing when someone is murdered but its happened and as bad as it sounds I hope it was one of his own that took him out.

If this guy is as high up as the reports are telling us then there is no way the RIRA can let it go without hitting back. If a top man is taken out like that and they let it go their "credibility" is gone and its open day on all of them. If other gangsters start getting shot then it was likely a rival that clipped him. If all goes quiet and no retaliation happens then chances are its one of his own that took him out. Or the Provisionals but I dont think they are active in Dublin not in a military capacity. People are saying this is a good thing and one less this that and the other on the streets. But if it starts an all out shooting war somebody innocent will end up dead caught in the crossfire. These people belong in prison if the Guards know so much about him why was he walking around. And the special branch where alleging keeping an eye on him yet nowhere to be seen on the day he got hit. Sort of like when Michael Cahill was shot. These people need to be put in prison and taken off the streets if the Guards knew all these things about him wtf was he doing walking around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i think it was disgusting to see a man gunned down on our streets, no human being deserves to be exectuted but this guy was a major criminal and anyone saying otherwise is deluded or is trolling this thread for a reaction.

OK then how did he afford it all?. Was he ever employed at all? It does not take a genious to work out where he got his money from.

• Advertisement

OK then how did he afford it all?. Was he ever employed at all? It does not take a genious to work out where he got his money from.
    I don't know,maybe you can enlighten me?

But if its links to garbage rag newspapers don't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'd rather base my own opinions,not on a paper like the sun which tapped a missing teenagers phone(milly dowler)just to sell papers,but on what people who know him told me.
    You think family and friends would be objective? Bit naive, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

A bit of extortion? so what, make a bit of money from the drug dealing scum. Maybe if the police were doing their jobs this wouldnt happen, in fact alot of them are on a nice wage themselves from these dealers. It still doesnt take away the fact that a man was shot down in broad daylight yesterday and pictures of him dying are posted the next morning for all to see.

And I'm sure Pub owners deserve to be extorted as part of this "fund-raising" too? How dare someone run a business.

Dunno, I dont hang about with scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Why would you believe people who knew him?

Would you not think they would be biased?

Dunno, I dont hang about with scum.
    Well why are you so sure of your accusation so?

• Advertisement

Valetta wrote: »

Why would you believe people who knew him?

Would you not think they would be biased?
    Would you not be naive in believing the likes of the sun and the herald which notoriously make up lies to sell papers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Would you not be naive in believing the likes of the sun and the herald which notoriously make up lies to sell papers?

I have not said I believed anyone.

Insult your intelligence?wow it must be high up there.

?

The fact is that a career thug and criminal scumbag is dead. I'm not sad.

Well why are you so sure of your accusation so?

I didnt really make any accusations. I just enquired as to how he could afford to look so dapper and drive a nice car on his meager income that he cannot account for.

But seeing as you are so quick to defend the afformentioned dapper scumbag we can assume you know him in some way or form so why not tell the rest of us where he got his income from? If a journalsit were to dig wold they find various tax certs under his name related to his gainful employment somewhere or have Scumbag & Sons not registered as a company yet? How about Rackateering Ltd or are they not registered either? ?

Let me take a moment to answer that for you................

WOULD THEY FOOK!!

Would we not be very naive to think that this scumbag would have not made hundreds of thousands by suing these papers if they were lies?

Clue: they weren't lies.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement