Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIRA Man shot dead in broad daylight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

I don't know,maybe you can enlighten me?

But if its links to garbage rag newspapers don't bother.

What irish newspapers would you consider reputable?

It doesn't take a commander general to work out that those defending him, have the same beliefs about the "cause".

Red_Wake wrote: »
    What irish newspapers would you consider reputable?

An phoblacht :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

RVP 11 wrote: »
    It doesn't take a commander general to work out that those defending him, have the same beliefs about the "cause".
    It's depressing that there are such cavemen still amongst us. Violence ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

frag420 wrote: »
    I didnt really make any accusations. I just enquired as to how he could afford to look so dapper and drive a nice car on his meager income that he cannot account for.

But seeing as you are so quick to defend the afformentioned dapper scumbag we can assume you know him in some way or form so why not tell the rest of us where he got his income from? If a journalsit were to dig wold they find various tax certs under his name related to his gainful employment somewhere or have Scumbag & Sons not registered as a company yet? How about Rackateering Ltd or are they not registered either? ?

Let me take a moment to answer that for you................

WOULD THEY FOOK!!

Good luck with getting an answer to that, his friends seem very shy about disclosing how Alan made his money.

Good luck with getting an answer to that, his friends seem very shy about disclosing how Alan made his money.
    But it definitely wasn't from extorting money from pubs and charging drug dealers to sell on their territory. Definitely not that.

He was a living saint.

But it definitely wasn't from extorting money from pubs and charging drug dealers to sell on their territory. Definitely not that.

He was a living saint.

He stole from the rich drug barons to give to the poor.
    The poor = him and his pals.
    Oh and let's not forget the percentage sent up to Armagh and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Can we be satisfied that there is one less danger to society on the streets at least?

Serious question, but the man was awaiting proceedings against him over extortion, was considered a senior member of a terrorist republican organisation, and was rumored to be profiting from the drugs, via a protection racket, why should I sympathise with those who were willing to overlook his criminality just because they found him personable?

I'd like an answer, not some wishy washy wailing from question dodgers lamenting the death of a man they make out to be a vigilante who died while attempting to clean up his country, when clearly the opposite was true.

To answer your question: you don't have to at all but that's different from being glad about a murder.

People should be concerned that murders are happening at an astonishing (and ever escalating) rate and the police/justice system don't seem to be able to handle it. Compare the number of murders happening now with twenty or thirty years ago... it's shocking.

If he was guilty of crimes then he should have been locked up and that's the only outcome people should be hoping for or glad about.

When people are being shot on the street like dogs it's worrying and when ordinary folk are happy about it it's even more worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Lelantos wrote: »
    Alan Ryan will not be missed by any law abiding people of this country. It doesn't take courage to wave guns around & threaten business owners with harm to themselves or their business

But it takes plenty to sit in front of a keyboard telling the world that you're glad a man was murdered on the street.. with no regard for the innocent friends and family members that he may have left behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Posters should be circumspect about calling the victim of this murder or any murder a scumbag, you are not as anonymous as you think on internet forums. A friend of mine came on here and called the victim of a shooting a scumbag, he was tracked down to his workplace and beaten up by female relatives of the deceased. The Guards told him he got away lightly and to keep his opinions to himself in future, advice that he took and that others might profit by.

• Advertisement

But it takes plenty to sit in front of a keyboard telling the world that you're glad a man was murdered on the street.. with no regard for the innocent friends and family members that he may have left behind.
    I'd also spare a thought for the innocent victims this scum committed his crimes against with apparent impunity.

To answer your question: you don't have to at all but that's different from being glad about a murder.

People should be concerned that murders are happening at an astonishing (and ever escalating) rate and the police/justice system don't seem to be able to handle it. Compare the number of murders happening now with twenty or thirty years ago... it's shocking.

If he was guilty of crimes then he should have been locked up and that's the only outcome people should be hoping for or glad about.

When people are being shot on the street like dogs it's worrying and when ordinary folk are happy about it it's even more worrying.

There are shootings on the street in nearly every country in the world.

This isn't exclusive to Ireland, it's exclusive to the lifestyle.

Posters should be circumspect about calling the victim of this murder or any murder a scumbag, you are not as anonymous as you think on internet forums. A friend of mine came on here and called the victim of a shooting a scumbag, he was tracked down to his workplace and beaten up by female relatives of the deceased. The Guards told him he got away lightly and to keep his opinions to himself in future, advice that he took and that others might profit by.
    LOL

That is all.

Oh yeah, and this guy was a scumbag.

I'd also spare a thought for the innocent victims this scum committed his crimes against with apparent impunity.

Write to them expressing your sorrow, then. The dead guy has paid the ultimate price for the life he chose. Rejoicing in the murder of a person on the streets of our capital is pathetic and cowardly (and a bit scummy too, imo), regardless of what the dead guy may have done in the past. He isn't the one that's likely to be reading what's written here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Nice work from the boys in blue (in the unlikely event that scumbags are tech savvy enough to track posters on message boards)

Good story bro.

Write to them expressing your sorrow, then. The dead guy has paid the ultimate price for the life he chose.
    Grand.
    Rejoicing in the murder of a person on the streets of our capital is pathetic and cowardly (and a bit scummy too, imo), regardless of what the dead guy may have done in the past. He isn't the one that's likely to be reading what's written here.
    I'm not rejoicing. I just don't give a sh!t about this dead scumbag.

Grand.

I'm not rejoicing. I just don't give a sh!t about this dead scumbag.

You're putting quite a lot of effort into making that known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Ahh the innocent, distraught family and friends:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That's not the same as rejoicing now is it?
    Some people feel strongly about career criminals who masquerade around under the guise of freedom to the people and clean up the streets etc.
    They'd get more respect if they did clean up the ****ing streets, with a brush.

Yup. There seems to be a concerted effort here to sanitise this criminal scumbag. I'm just pointing out that he was a criminal scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Lelantos wrote: »
    Alan Ryan will not be missed by any law abiding people of this country. It doesn't take courage to wave guns around & threaten business owners with harm to themselves or their business

Said he wouldn't be missed by law abiding citizens....where did it say I was glad he was murdered in that post? He made his choices in life, he chose to be the scum that he was, I won't shed any crocodile tears for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

This guy was a fckng scumbag and I sincerely doubt some gang of Jacintas has the ability to track me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

He was living in Carlow with his girlfriend, in a village. Seemed very full of himself.

While i'm not sad that his dead I don't think it was right for the papers to publish the pictures of him dying on the road, whatever he has done it's not fair on his family to have to see that.

Nice work from the boys in blue (in the unlikely event that scumbags are tech savvy enough to track posters on message boards)

I assume they figured out who he was by reading other posts he had made and that gave away his identity. His relations lacking the finer moral judgement of many posters on here were astonishingly aggrieved to hear their recently deceased sibling described as a scumbag by somebody he had never met and typically the pinko liberal guards were slightly in sympathy with this.

Sometimes half the posts on this forum seem to be dedicated to calling some body or group of people scumbag and I wonder exactly what purpose it serves, I mean if people feel so strongly about it why not go to the scumbag house and tell them personally, the Herald and Sunday World can I suppose supply their whereabouts.

• Advertisement

I assume they figured out who he was by reading other posts he had made and that gave away his identity. His relations lacking the finer moral judgement of many posters on here were astonishingly aggrieved to hear their recently deceased sibling described as a scumbag by somebody he had never met and typically the pinko liberal guards were slightly in sympathy with this.

Sometimes half the posts on this forum seem to be dedicated to calling some body or group of people scumbag and I wonder exactly what purpose it serves, I mean if people feel so strongly about it why not go to the scumbag house and tell them personally, the Herald and Sunday World can I suppose supply their whereabouts.
    Your mate is a bit of an idiot mentioning where he works then wasn't he.
    Not That I believe you, as you already take exception to calling a group scumbag, I assume that group is the green freedom kind lol, how did they know who to assault in his workplace?
    Was he the only one working there?
    Did you point him out to those classy ladies?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

So has any of our resident dick tracy's come up with any substance to all their gum flapping about extortion yet?

No? I am suprised.

Not That I believe you, as you already take exception to calling a group scumbag, I assume that group is the green freedom kind lol, how did they know who to assault in his workplace?

They walked in to his workplace and seen him posting on boards, they knew his user name:pac:

Bambi wrote: »
    So has any of our resident dick tracy's come up with any substance to all their gum flapping about extortion yet?

No? I am suprised.

You know how the RIRA operates, right? You think they get their money from cake sales? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Tarkus

Get what you're hand called for...

& if his family is subjected to photos & the like, he takes a bow from the grave on that too.

• Advertisement

You know how the RIRA operates, right? You think they get their money from cake sales? :pac:

I reckon most of them are a few cakes short of a sale:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

****!! I used to live on Main St in Clongriffin!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 The fighter

Why doesn't every one shut the **** up talking about it most of you didnt know Alan so leave him rest in peace how would any of you's like it if was your brother child or son that happen to and yous can't comment what he was like unless knew him personally

Why doesn't every one shut the **** up talking about it most of you didnt know Alan so leave him rest in peace how would any of you's like it if was your brother child or son that happen to and yous can't comment what he was like unless knew him personally
    I don't know The Yorkshire Ripper personally but I'm quite happy to call him a murdering scumbag. How about you?

I don't know The Yorkshire Ripper personally but I'm quite happy to call him a murdering scumbag. How about you?

Ah he's lovely, will ya leave Yorkie alone, sure he meant no harm

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Condolences to the mans family , but if you live a life of evil, eventually it will come back upon you.

Your a ****ing dickhead bet wouldn't say it to his face if you had ever of met him or why don't you go down to his ma house say one of the brothers see how far you get

Your a ****ing dickhead bet wouldn't say it to his face if you had ever of met him or why don't you go down to his ma house say one of the brothers see how far you get

Would these be the distraught innocent brothers and family?

Why would I say to a criminal scumbag that he is a criminal scumbag? That would make me an idiot.

Would you have said to Stalin that he was a paranoid murdering tyrant? No? Does that make you a 'fu(king dickhead'?

Boombastic wrote: »

Would these be the distraught innocent brothers and family?
    Yeah well if you knew them you would think different there nice lads

• Advertisement

Surely a nice innocent family man who loved the country and stood up for freedom in its entirety wouldn't just assault someone for name calling ?
    His brothers are as nice as him are they?

Why would I say to a criminal scumbag that he is a criminal scumbag? That would make me an idiot.

Would you have said to Stalin that he was a paranoid murdering tyrant? No? Does that make you a 'fu(king dickhead'?
    Did I comment on him or slag him off no

Yeah well if you knew them you would think different there nice lads
    Like the dead scumbag? Or genuinely nice guys? You know, not criminals?

Did I comment on him or slag him off no
    Stalin's family thanks you for your good manners. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Yes I know Alan around 10 years I all ways had great laugh with him very funny man but I did not agree with what he choose as his life style and he lost real friends over it he was told many a time this would happen that no one is untouchable but would never listen

Full of testerone and balls like an elephant..probably couldn't help the way he was...bit like Seanie and The Dunner.

Surely a nice innocent family man who loved the country and stood up for freedom in its entirety wouldn't just assault someone for name calling ?
    His brothers are as nice as him are they?
    Well let's just say your nice fella would you let some one talk about your brother like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

The majority of people's brothers, children or sons (as you put it) wouldn't be as stupid to get involved in this type of carry on. The papers didn't make all this up about him. He was scum of the earth and got his comeuppons. What goes around comes around. One less scumbag off the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Banned

While it may be an emotional time for you, personal abuse isn't tolerated here.

Well let's just say your nice fella would you let some one talk about your brother like that

If he was a criminal, i wouldn't care what anyone said, because decent people don't like criminals.
    And even if he wasn't a criminal I still wouldn't care, unless it was the media and they were printing something slanderous, then I'd sue for sure.
    But then again, I don't pride myself in going around assaulting people who don't show me mafia like respect.;)

• Advertisement

He didn't say where he worked in his post, they came and politely asked for him by name one day when he off duty were told when he was on next, waited outside at the appointed hour and ambushed him in broad daylight on a busy street. I have no real objection, excepting tedium to keyboard warriors unleashing their mighty moral blandishments upon the unsuspecting internet, I merely wished to point out that it may have inherent dangers and consequently contemplated upon why some people, especially it seems those of a hysterical temperament are obsessed with scumbagging strangers on these boards.

My friend was very shocked by this incident he stopped posting on boards and I have just revisited the thread and see he voluntarily removed his post labeling it offensive and regretted making it at all when the Guard spoke to him about it. It was just something he did without thinking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement