Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIRA Man shot dead in broad daylight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63152127#post63152127

so this rule only applies in cases whereby the victim was not a criminal themselves... interesting.
    someone shout edit that post to be more clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63152127#post63152127

so this rule only applies in cases whereby the victim was not a criminal themselves... interesting.
    someone shout edit that post to be more clear.
    There's a big difference between advocating criminality and saying "I'm not terribly sad that he's dead". No?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

As already stated, this isn't the place to discuss the charter.

Please stay on topic.

There's a big difference between advocating criminality and saying "I'm not terribly sad that he's dead". No?
    hey im not supportive of the way he lived his life or anything he may have done in his lifetime but there are people here saying things like
    +1 on the good riddance. As long as all the scum are only killing each other, you won't find me objecting.

and
    Leave the animals to wipe themselves out. Happy days.

and that's hardly condemning murder. infact there are some very naive people here if they believe what they say. did the deaths of hundreds of drug dealers/criminals over the years do anything to deter people from becoming involved in crime or just lead to an ever increasing vicious circle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

listermint wrote: »
    Praytell what do YOU know about this guy?

Ive been reading your posts so far and im frankly intrigued.....

if you've been reading my posts you'd have noticed I stated that I don't know anything about this guy, never heard of him while he was in the land of the living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Bambi wrote: »
    if you've been reading my posts you'd have noticed I stated that I don't know anything about this guy, never heard of him while he was in the land of the living.

Right so, then im perplexed as to why you are questioning various sources, (yes including media sources) that have quite blatantly said that he was a member of an illegal terrorist organisation and additionally to that had heavy involvement in extortion of both illegal activities and legitimate enterprise.

Also there is involvement in other illegal activities including so called tiger kidnapping and cash in transit theft.

Well ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Right so, then im perplexed as to why you are questioning various sources, (yes including media sources) that have quite blatantly said that he was a member of an illegal terrorist organisation and additionally to that had heavy involvement in extortion of both illegal activities and legitimate enterprise.

Also there is involvement in other illegal activities including so called tiger kidnapping and cash in transit theft.

Well ?
    to be fair the media isn't a great source for info on alan ryan....i suspect they've talked him up quite a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dunlin500

realies wrote: »
    Was there not a poster on here last week saying something like this was going to happen,re Criminal action force and paramilitaries, think he got banned ?

Was there not a poster on here last week saying something like this was going to happen, ? No he did not say this would happen, said there is a gang out there put a thread up about it and got banned for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Dunlin500 wrote: »
    Was there not a poster on here last week saying something like this was going to happen, ? No he did not say this would happen, said there is a gang out there put a thread up about it and got banned for it.

Welcome back then ;) and what you think now ?

Alan Ryan was going about Dublin since he got out of prison taken money of criminals the more men he got with him the more criminals he went to for money. the criminal's got sick of Alan Ryan and his Real I.R.A. gang and set up the C.A.F. aka Criminal Action Force and start to shoot people over two years ago they have shot, and killed a number of people and fear no-body there was a campaign by Garda and Republican gang members to say the C.A.F. did not exist. but cold hard facts people choose to ignore.

• Advertisement

realies wrote: »
    Welcome back then ;) and what you think now ?
    Hard to say. i am just new had a look what you said,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Alan Ryan was going about Dublin since he got out of prison taken money of criminals the more men he got with him the more criminals he went to for money. the criminal's got sick of Alan Ryan and his Real I.R.A. gang and set up the C.A.F. aka Criminal Action Force and start to shoot people over two years ago they have shot, and killed a number of people and fear no-body there was a campaign by Garda and Republican gang members to say the C.A.F. did not exist. but cold hard facts people choose to ignore.

That other poster wrote the exact same thing not more than a week ago,Anyway not my business. So in your opinion will this escalate or be the end of it for a while,And why didn't the criminals kill the other chap why just AR,Could it not be inter republican feuding as he crossed a lot of his fellow people to.
    Hard to say. i am just new had a look what you said,

Ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MR.NORTHDUBLIN

This man Alan Ryan was a scumbag going around treating kids to get at there fathers money! the Northside will be a much better place without him and his ways. They call themselves republicans but line there pockets with the money from heroin that ****s up familys in the areas they claim to protect. ALAN RYAN IS DEAD AND ITS A GOOD DAY FOR DUBLIN AND IRELAND HE WAS JUST AS BAD AS THE ****ERS SELLING MORE GEAR TO PAY HIM.. all his cronies should realize now before its to late,and take a step back..

MR.NORTHDUBLIN!

is that you Vicki Pollard??

Full stops are your friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Right so, then im perplexed as to why you are questioning various sources, (yes including media sources) that have quite blatantly said that he was a member of an illegal terrorist organisation

I questioned that he was a member of an illegal organisation? Where did I do that :confused:

Well?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

Funny all da Northsoiders frantically setting up accounts to air their views.

The guy seemed to have a pretty powerful position at a relatively young age. Respect for that.

Don't understand why they executed him so quickly. Scumbags here need to learn from the Mexicans and inflict a slow and painful death over the course of a few days. That will send out a message at least.

He still has brothers involved maybe they might try the Mexico way next time take them all out at the same time...........

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

Driving into work this morning was amazed to see Donaghmede covered in blackflags and tricolours???

Have I missed something:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Funny all da Northsoiders frantically setting up accounts to air their views.

The guy seemed to have a pretty powerful position at a relatively young age. Respect for that.

Don't understand why they executed him so quickly. Scumbags here need to learn from the Mexicans and inflict a slow and painful death over the course of a few days. That will send out a message at least.

What??? Seriously???

• Advertisement

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Driving into work this morning was amazed to see Donaghmede covered in blackflags and tricolours???

Were Celtic playing last night?

Dub Ste wrote: »

seen that meself just a min ago. That Pack of ****ebags put them up I suppose. These lads need a proper job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

SLAIN Real IRA terrorist Alan Ryan was under investigation in relation to serious crime on both sides of the Border, it emerged last night.
    Police are linking him to incidents, including a murder, that are believed to have been organised by the Real IRA faction in Derry.

How can the press get this so wrong eh? This guy was an angel and never hurt anyone but if he did it was for the good of the community. The police must be mistaken, both forces on either side of the border must be mistaken.................right??:D

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/murdered-ryan-linked-to-crime-on-both-sides-of-border-3221625.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7 canttalk1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

canttalk1 wrote: »
    I won´t be contibuting to this thread or this username anymore, but hopefully it offers another point of view.

thankfully!

what a load of rubbish, i dont even know where to begin...

Lulz @ the new registrations.
    The good ol boys love to talk hypothetical bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

davet82 wrote: »
    thankfully!

what a load of rubbish, i dont even know where to begin...
    Didnt even read it tbh:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

For the record, I did not know Alan Ryan, have any association with him, or anyone involved in his gangs, but having grown up in an area that would be considered quite lower class, I can cast a light on why people like him can sometimes be heralded as "heroes" amongst thier communities. I seems to me many people in this thread simply cannot comprehend that.

For the record, I am in no way endorsing these people do, i just to explain another point of view. Again, as I said, I genuinely don´t have any involvement in this, so I don´t know the below is accurate, but it´s my understanding.

Using a hypothetical situation:

A businessman opens up, say, a pub. It becomes popular, starts turning over profit and is frequented by many people. It won´t be long before drug dealers turn up and start selling drugs within the premises. They will claim turf and won´t allow other drug gangs to deal there.

The business man essentially will have two options:
    1. hire security firm to keep the drug dealers out and call the guards anytime they cause trouble.

2. Allow the drug gang to take over the premises, including the door. They will usually openly sell drugs with the pub / club & take a substantially large share of the profits.

Option 1 - above will last for about two weeks maximum. Any security workers that refuse to allow drug dealers into thier premises will be threatened with their lives. It´s not an empty threat, and your average security man will fear for his life and leave. The guards simply cannot protect either the owner or the doormen. Usually, the doormen are Eastern European tough guys that are fearless of any normal punter - until they realise what they get themselves into and seek work elsewhere.

Option 2 - for various obvious reasons, is not a favourable option and doesn´t sit well with most ordinary non-criminal businessman.

So the businessman has two options, allow his business to be overrun by drug gangs, including being caught up in the turf-wars that will ensure or shut down and close his business.

Essentially, it´s a murky world that we live in, and all of this (protection money, racquteering, death threats etc.) goes on behind closed doors - but it´s a harsh reality that people, (a lot posting in this thread) simply can´t comprehend exists and are completely oblivious to it. I won´t even begin to talk about some Gardai´s involvment in the situation. (hint: Google ´The Don´ Gardai payroll - and see the tip of an iceberg.) it´s hugely complicated and involves a lot of people and organisations - criminal and otherwise.

So, if the businessman wanted his premises to stay open, and not allow drugs to be sold within it - the only other option would be to hire another security firm that were not intimidated by drug gangs - and there was only one such gang or organisation that were "idealistic" and powerful enough to do so. The businessman would again forfeit a large amount of his profits, but would see it as a lesser of two evils.

The problem I have with some people in this thread is their sheer ignorance to the reality of living in a lower class society and the elements that exist within it. They live in a comfortable bubble-like existence oblivious to all of this, and seem to think that every person associated with a gang or "republican" organisation is a knuckle-dragging dimwit only capable of physical violence. Some of these people are extremely intelligent - not just "street smart" but acadmeically too.

Essentially, these gangs are not idealistic (or stupid) enough to think they can stop drugs being sold full stop - it is something even the Gardai or the government couldn´t do - if they wanted to, so instead they try to control where and when drugs can be sold - and they "tax" dealers, to gain funding for other means.

Communities would be appreciative of the gang for controlling when and where drugs are sold, seeing the gang as a form of protection for thier children or busines that the Gardai cannot provide ( you have to understand the relationship between lower class communites and the Gardai here).

Of course, drugs gangs would not simply stand by and be told they cannot sell drugs in an area or business, and it would be solved in the only way that these people know. go figure.

As I said at the start, I do not know Alan Ryan or never did, so the above is in no way saying he was involved in the above - (going by mainstream / popular knowledge he seems to have been)... but essentially that is why people like him would be held up as being protectors of the State / heroes within thier communities.

Some people would hold what he is alleged to have done as simply another criminal scumbag that desevred what he got, others would hold him as modern-day robin hood type figure... either way, I don´t think any man deserves some of the comments in this thread.

I won´t be contibuting to this thread or this username anymore, but hopefully it offers another point of view.

Can you tell me what the first bit I have highlited above means?? What means are you refering to? Do they build parks for the kids in their community that are affected by drugs? Do they give any of it to local charities and help groups that actually do something positive for the community? Or do they put it into the purchase of nice cars and property so that the youngsters in the community can see that if you dont study but instead take on a pseudo idealitic belief of a modern Ireland which in turn is just masking criminality then they too can have all the nice things in life. And about 30-40 yrs to enjoy them beofre they too have a bullet in their skulls??

Regarding the second part that I have highlighted.......................well aint that just perfect. Why dont you stick about and answer a few questions that I am sure will be winging your way soon. Ah go on, go on,go on, go on........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

They've put up Irish flags and black flags on the streetlights at Donaghmede roundabouts to commemorate the terrorist/extortioner's death. Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

For the record, I did not know Alan Ryan, have any association with him, or anyone involved in his gangs, but having grown up in an area that would be considered quite lower class, I can cast a light on why people like him can sometimes be heralded as "heroes" amongst thier communities. I seems to me many people in this thread simply cannot comprehend that.

For the record, I am in no way endorsing these people do, i just to explain another point of view. Again, as I said, I genuinely don´t have any involvement in this, so I don´t know the below is accurate, but it´s my understanding.

Using a hypothetical situation:

A businessman opens up, say, a pub. It becomes popular, starts turning over profit and is frequented by many people. It won´t be long before drug dealers turn up and start selling drugs within the premises. They will claim turf and won´t allow other drug gangs to deal there.

The business man essentially will have two options:
    1. hire security firm to keep the drug dealers out and call the guards anytime they cause trouble.

2. Allow the drug gang to take over the premises, including the door. They will usually openly sell drugs with the pub / club & take a substantially large share of the profits.

Option 1 - above will last for about two weeks maximum. Any security workers that refuse to allow drug dealers into thier premises will be threatened with their lives. It´s not an empty threat, and your average security man will fear for his life and leave. The guards simply cannot protect either the owner or the doormen. Usually, the doormen are Eastern European tough guys that are fearless of any normal punter - until they realise what they get themselves into and seek work elsewhere.

Option 2 - for various obvious reasons, is not a favourable option and doesn´t sit well with most ordinary non-criminal businessman.

So the businessman has two options, allow his business to be overrun by drug gangs, including being caught up in the turf-wars that will ensure or shut down and close his business.

Essentially, it´s a murky world that we live in, and all of this (protection money, racquteering, death threats etc.) goes on behind closed doors - but it´s a harsh reality that people, (a lot posting in this thread) simply can´t comprehend exists and are completely oblivious to it. I won´t even begin to talk about some Gardai´s involvment in the situation. (hint: Google ´The Don´ Gardai payroll - and see the tip of an iceberg.) it´s hugely complicated and involves a lot of people and organisations - criminal and otherwise.

So, if the businessman wanted his premises to stay open, and not allow drugs to be sold within it - the only other option would be to hire another security firm that were not intimidated by drug gangs - and there was only one such gang or organisation that were "idealistic" and powerful enough to do so. The businessman would again forfeit a large amount of his profits, but would see it as a lesser of two evils.

The problem I have with some people in this thread is their sheer ignorance to the reality of living in a lower class society and the elements that exist within it. They live in a comfortable bubble-like existence oblivious to all of this, and seem to think that every person associated with a gang or "republican" organisation is a knuckle-dragging dimwit only capable of physical violence. Some of these people are extremely intelligent - not just "street smart" but acadmeically too.

Essentially, these gangs are not idealistic (or stupid) enough to think they can stop drugs being sold full stop - it is something even the Gardai or the government couldn´t do - if they wanted to, so instead they try to control where and when drugs can be sold - and they "tax" dealers, to gain funding for other means.

Communities would be appreciative of the gang for controlling when and where drugs are sold, seeing the gang as a form of protection for thier children or busines that the Gardai cannot provide ( you have to understand the relationship between lower class communites and the Gardai here).

Of course, drugs gangs would not simply stand by and be told they cannot sell drugs in an area or business, and it would be solved in the only way that these people know. go figure.

As I said at the start, I do not know Alan Ryan or never did, so the above is in no way saying he was involved in the above - (going by mainstream / popular knowledge he seems to have been)... but essentially that is why people like him would be held up as being protectors of the State / heroes within thier communities.

Some people would hold what he is alleged to have done as simply another criminal scumbag that desevred what he got, others would hold him as modern-day robin hood type figure... either way, I don´t think any man deserves some of the comments in this thread.

Excellent post.

anyone know the funeral arrangements? will be interesting to see the turnout

Tuesday funeral, burial at sea so none of the so called republicans can visit his grave!!! Well I hope so......

• Advertisement

Tuesday funeral, burial at sea so none of the so called republicans can visit his grave!!! Well I hope so......
    I found out:

Funeral is saturday, 10am mass, holy trinity church.

Were Celtic playing last night?
    cheap dig at a football club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Excellent post.

anyone know the funeral arrangements? will be interesting to see the turnout

Are you his alt?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

It must really hurt having a little stone for a brain:rolleyes:

lololololol burial at sea... honest to god.

He was a good man, did alot for his community, may he R.I.P

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Are you his alt?
    No.

I thought he offered a valuable counter prospective on things

LOLOLOLOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

I'm sure all those he extorted money from under threat of death/violence will be weeping openly at his graveside now he is gone.

"Oh no!, who's going to break my thumbs and threaten my kids now..., I was promised a knee capping in December if I didn't pay up... this will ruin Christmas"

He was a thug, he was a criminal, now he's dead.

Profiler wrote: »
    I'm sure all those he extorted money from under threat of death/violence will be weeping openly at his graveside now he is gone.

"Oh no!, who's going to break my thumbs and threaten my kids now..., I was promised a knee capping in December if I didn't pay up... this will ruin Christmas"

He was a thug, he was a criminal, now he's dead.

Who's kids did he threaten ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

It must really hurt having a little stone for a brain:rolleyes:

lololololol burial at sea... honest to god.

Are all good men under constant Gardaí surveillance??

The problem I have with some people in this thread is their sheer ignorance to the reality of living in a lower class society and the elements that exist within it. They live in a comfortable bubble-like existence oblivious to all of this
    I love the idea that only middle class or whatever people live in a bubble - a slightly less pejorative way of looking at it is that every social group lives in their own little reality bubble. And I'd suggest that the 'lower-class' world that you talk about is sadly a rather smaller bubble than some of the others.

Interesting post, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

what about the law abidding business men he intimidated and extorted money from?

and before you go down the road 'was he convicted or not', the same can be said about the drug dealers he extorted money from, are most likely without conviction

good for the community? get a grip ffs, he done alot for himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Any sign of the Mosque starting out there ?

Who's kids did he threaten ?

Standard practice from I can't believe it's not the Real IRA and/or criminals.

Threaten the person and their family...

He was a scumbag heroin pushing prick.. Don't say he wasn't,cause the lads he was extorting were trying to sell more gear to pay him. What's that doing to his community...

Standard practice from I can't believe it's not the Real IRA and/or criminals.

Threaten the person and their family...

na never heard that, who's kids did he threaten??

He was a scumbag heroin pushing prick.. Don't say he wasn't,cause the lads he was extorting were trying to sell more gear to pay him. What's that doing to his community...

Never heard of him selling drugs either :confused:

na never heard that, who's kids did he threaten??

Never heard that? for someone who claims to know what he did for the community you sure take a myopic view on him and his activities.

Never heard that? for someone who claims to know what he did for the community you sure take a myopic view on him and his activities.

What so he walked up to people and says hey:) im going to kill you:):):) gimme ur money:):):)... doubt it ..

I read this today, I think he seemed very nice actually..

''One story is that Alan suddenly stopped the car he was in to help a woman who had broken down putting his own liberty on the line. Another was that a woman approached Alan to find out why he was demanding money from her young son. Turned out it was criminals using Alan’s name. The woman then asked Alan to speak with her son in an effort to get him away from a bad crowd he was hanging about with, Alan obliged. A week later the woman came back and asked what the hell did Alan Ryan say to my son i cant drive up the road without my son telling me to stop at the guys selling newspapers along the road. Alan apparently told the young man that drug dealers weren’t hard men they were parasites, see that guy standing there selling newspapers in the rain, sleet and snow that’s a hard man doing that to feed his family, drug dealers couldn’t do that.

When Alan saw a pregnant woman being clamped at the side of the road he jumped out of his car took a hammer to the clamp and told the clampers in no uncertain terms to go away. Whenever he saw a dealer he smashed them up there and then to Alan it was black and white. That’s why they shot him down in the street. Alan couldn’t be bought that’s why he’s dead''

Cop on he was making lads push gear to pay him. These lads selling big amounts of gear dont touch it either but collect the cash so to me its the same, both him and dealers are profiting from peoples bad habits....

• Advertisement

What so he walked up to people and says hey:) im going to kill you:):):) gimme ur money:):):)... doubt it ..

I read this today, I think he seemed very nice actually..

''One story is that Alan suddenly stopped the car he was in to help a woman who had broken down putting his own liberty on the line. Another was that a woman approached Alan to find out why he was demanding money from her young son. Turned out it was criminals using Alan’s name. The woman then asked Alan to speak with her son in an effort to get him away from a bad crowd he was hanging about with, Alan obliged. A week later the woman came back and asked what the hell did Alan Ryan say to my son i cant drive up the road without my son telling me to stop at the guys selling newspapers along the road. Alan apparently told the young man that drug dealers weren’t hard men they were parasites, see that guy standing there selling newspapers in the rain, sleet and snow that’s a hard man doing that to feed his family, drug dealers couldn’t do that.

When Alan saw a pregnant woman being clamped at the side of the road he jumped out of his car took a hammer to the clamp and told the clampers in no uncertain terms to go away. Whenever he saw a dealer he smashed them up there and then to Alan it was black and white. That’s why they shot him down in the street. Alan couldn’t be bought that’s why he’s dead''

MUPPIT!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement