Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enfield slipway info

Options
  • 04-09-2012 8:40am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all I hope to do a little boat trip from Enfield to Thomastown and would like to launch at Enfield but can't seem to find any info or photos on the slipway or what the parking would be like to leave the car and trailer there for the day.
    Any photos or info on the slipway and parking would be a great help.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Well I launched there today and had a lovely trip up to Furey's for a bit of lunch so if any one is ever interested this is what the slip looks like :D

20120907_130415.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

That's a sweet looking boat!! Any more close up shots?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Cheers, you can see how I built her in the youtube link below :D

20120907_140733.jpg

Where is the link? :confused:

TheBody wrote: »
    Where is the link? :confused:

How to build your own boat in a few easy steps :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd6vkPjEy4U

There is a little post on todays trip here. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056747306

• Advertisement

Very impressive!! I presume you have some history in boat building?

TheBody wrote: »
    Very impressive!! I presume you have some history in boat building?

That was my first build with just basic DIY skills but I have always been around boats and engines the one I'm building at the moment is a bit more work but should be a lot more fun :D

Fair play to ya. As I said, it's a beautiful boat.

I just saw this on Sky today :D

Advertisement