Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Damn cagers - too many times recently

• 04-09-2012 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

At this roundabout - http://goo.gl/maps/lH2qP

Guaranteed a near miss at least twice a week with spastics driving straight thru the roundabout.

I'm taking the second exit turning up Sydney Parade Avenue.

Apparently my indicator counts for nothing.

Even in the car, I've had two close calls in the last week.

This morning capped it off. **** in a blue Audi hatchback derping along and just kept coming even tho I was in the middle of roundabout.

Be careful out there.

****ers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Bingo481

Well at least you have a heads up from the area so you can be aware, not that it makes it okay to not yield at a roundabout. Pity the poor biker that is out for a spin and has no idea what the roundabout is like. But yeah cagers are dumb and bikes are not important in their book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Bingo481 wrote: »
    Well at least you have a heads up from the area so you can be aware, not that it makes it okay to not yield at a roundabout. Pity the poor biker that is out for a spin and has no idea what the roundabout is like. But yeah cagers are dumb and bikes are not important in their book.
    Ya I know.

The only reason I don't end up on my arse is cos I expect the clowns to drive straight thru and I'm watching.

Really gets on my nerves and craps on the start of my work day :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Bingo481

Should of took the day off lol, ring in and say you had a near death experience again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

kaimera wrote: »
    The only reason I don't end up on my arse is cos I expect the clowns to drive straight thru and I'm watching.

And this is what will save your ass!! You're ready for it. How many poor sods out there just do what they have to on a roundabout not expecting anything to happen and they get milled out of it. Seen it only the other day in Mullingar when an oul one in a Corolla (what else!) was in the left lane, taking the first exit off and indicating to do so. A guy on a bike already on the roundabout was in the inside lane, going the whole way around. She changed her mind and decided to go the whole way round too and just pulled right across in front of him! She scared the sh!te out of him!

Half the problem is people don't have the slightest idea how to use roundabouts, and the other half of the problem is that most drivers are completely oblivious to other road users!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Those type of "roundabouts" should be withdrawn, people just ignore the rules at them...
    It pays to be xtra careful ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I don't know what it is about roundabouts in this country that people can't use them properly. People seem to see roundabouts like this, you enter and exit at the point that allows you the shortest distance through the roundabout and everyone else can lump it.

There's 2 roundabouts near my house. The Luffany roundabout and the Slieverue roundabout and about 2% of users seem to be able to use it properly. This is despite the fact that I have contacted the council in relation to the incorrect and dangerous use of the Luffany roundabout in particular (near misses there at least once a day) and they have placed road markings to indicate the correct lanes and people just ignore the markings.

As has been said, you are in the best frame of mind, you expect it to happen and you adjust yourself accordingly. I know it sucks that you should have to make allowances for people that can't drive correctly but at least you reduce the risk of a collision that way.

Advertisement