Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fancy playing for Boards.ie?

• 04-09-2012 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

WTF? Boards have a football team?

Yes! Boards.ie Football team.

Eh? Where do you play?

We play on the Southside of Dublin, in Wesley College Dundrum,

We play in the www.astro.ie Leagues, eleven a side.

We play on Tuesday nights.

Are you good?

Yes, we are a decent football team, who do quite well. We've been in tghe top 3 in our league for the past five seasons or so, winning it once and finishing 2nd last season.

Will I get a game?

If you are good enough, yes you will, Simple.

I usually have a squad of about 16-18 lads, covering injuries holidays and that. There is Roll-on-roll-off substitutions too.

Sounds good, how do I sign up?

First, I'll need to see you playing.

We have a friendly at Wesley College this evening at 7.30, and one next week also another one next week at Colmcille's Knocklyon at the same time.

If you are interested you can post in this thread, or PM me.

Tell me your position, that's the most important thing, I don't want someone turning up for a game who is a right winger, and me sticking them on at left back and me thinking they are shít.

Please do not tell me "I'll play anywhere really". You must have a preferred position.

Thanks for reading,

Des

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Ronaldo seems like he wants a new club......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

average age ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

7:30 in Wesley tonight? I could almost see myself making a third Boards team comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Leiva wrote: »
    average age ?

28ish I think.
    Draupnir wrote: »
    7:30 in Wesley tonight? I could almost see myself making a third Boards team comeback.

If this is serious we definitely need bodies tonight pal.

See you at 7:30 in Wesley so

• Advertisement

See you at 7:30 in Wesley so

See you then mate.

You ok for transport etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Need a goalie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lets keep it all about playing for Boards.ie.

If you have nothing constructive to add to the thread or you're not putting your services forward then dont post.

Thanks

Des wrote: »
    See you then mate.

You ok for transport etc?

Yeah all good cheers Des

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Is there any chance of seeing if there would be enough interest to get a northside team going or has it been tried and failed ?

• Advertisement

In my previous playing experience with the team there were plenty of Northside players including myself and the manager is a good Northside man. You'll get sorted with a lift most of the time if you want to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

How do you feel about someone coming along to "watch the level" before deciding if Im good enough to play. Im a big lad, but would rival even Jan Molby for covering a patch of grass about 5m x 5m..

So its every tuesday at 7.30 in the same place ?

The game is 1 hour long ?

Is it 11 aside?

Are sliding tackles permitted or is it physical but not too physical ?

Edit: Is it a bit of craic or serious stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

i would be very interested, is it only on Tuesdays, I have night classes Tue and Thursday, any other eves would be great! And Id be interested in a Northside team too if that becomes a runner:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Would definitely consider returning if the games weren't miles away on the Southside....and my general allergy to M50 tolls.

Northsoide rulez.

You were always a scabby hound.

How do you feel about someone coming along to "watch the level" before deciding if Im good enough to play. Im a big lad, but would rival even Jan Molby for covering a patch of grass about 5m x 5m..
    Come on out for a look!
    Drumpot wrote: »
    So its every tuesday at 7.30 in the same place ?

The game is 1 hour long ?

Is it 11 aside?

Are sliding tackles permitted or is it physical but not too physical ?

Edit: Is it a bit of craic or serious stuff?
    Same place every Tuesday, games in the season are at 715, 815 and 915

games are an hour, it's 11 a side, on astro so no sliding tackles, except for the keeper.
    Savman wrote: »
    Would definitely consider returning if the games weren't miles away on the Southside....and my general allergy to M50 tolls.

Northsoide rulez.

Wesley isn't miles away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

You were always a scabby hound.

Only with the ball! :pac:

How did Boards.ie get on last night?

GavRedKing wrote: »
    How did Boards.ie get on last night?

We lost 0-1, but that was an excellent result considering we had 7 new players all starting.

Can we leave this thread open? I want to bump it on Friday and Monday for the friendly next tuesday.

We picked up some excellent players last night thanks to this thread, and our own one over in our forum.

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    We lost 0-1, but that was an excellent result considering we had 7 new players all starting.

Can we leave this thread open? I want to bump it on Friday and Monday for the friendly next tuesday.

We picked up some excellent players last night thanks to this thread, and our own one over in our forum.

I've no problem with leaving it open anyway and bump away when game time comes around.

If it actively encourages people to get involved in the sport and ye pick up some players through the main soccer forum due to the greater exposure then its a good thing in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Is this South side based all the time?

TheDoc wrote: »
    Is this South side based all the time?

Yes, it's an organised league with games taking place at Wesley College, Dundrum.

As it says in the OP. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Without wanting to step on Des' or the Boards' team's toes if anyone is looking for teams other than the above maybe stick a post here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055297413&page=18

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Without wanting to step on Des' or the Boards' team's toes if anyone is looking for teams other than the above maybe stick a post here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055297413&page=18

I cant view that link when I am logged in (it says I do not have permission!) . . Do you need to get some sort of clearance ?

Also, I see you are playing a friendly next week, might be able to drop down and either play or have a look. Im unfit (just started 5aside again after summer break) so would be happy enough to give goalkeeper a shot if theres a spot going. . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Drumpot wrote: »
    I cant view that link when I am logged in (it says I do not have permission!) . . Do you need to get some sort of clearance ?

Also, I see you are playing a friendly next week, might be able to drop down and either play or have a look. Im unfit (just started 5aside again after summer break) so would be happy enough to give goalkeeper a shot if theres a spot going. . . .
    It's just the Boards.ie team subforum and there is a thread where you can post if you are looking for a game.

So if anyone looking for a team or game but Dundrum on a Wednesday doesn't suit you should post there with what you're looking for exactly.

Advertisement