Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant Notice

Options
  • 04-09-2012 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Grant notice arrived to day for new .22. :D:D:D

It only took 5 and 1/2 months.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Hope mine doesn't take as long!

Enjoy the pea shooter and I'll see ya up the hills some day for some real shooting! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Nice, What did you go for?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Grant notice arrived to day for new .22. :D:D:D

It only took 5 and 1/2 months.:mad:

Congratulations!

Fairly long waiting time! My recent one took less than two weeks buwhen I was renewing around the time of the new system, I was waiting 9 months :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

juice1304 wrote: »
    Nice, What did you go for?:)

CZ 452 Lux

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    Congratulations!

Fairly long waiting time! My recent one took less than two weeks buwhen I was renewing around the time of the new system, I was waiting 9 months :eek:

Got new .270 last year it took only 2 weeks

• Advertisement

I have one of those too, great rifle extremely accurate the iron sights are great too.:)

patsat wrote: »
    Hope mine doesn't take as long!

Enjoy the pea shooter and I'll see ya up the hills some day for some real shooting! :P

If you see me in the hills I'll have the wrong cammo clothing on:D:D:D

I have one of those too, great rifle extremely accurate the iron sights are great too.:)

The iron sights is one of the reasons I picked it. I'm thinking of putting a high mounted scope on top so as I can use both open sights for the closer in bunnies and the scope for the further out ones.

I had a scope on mine for a good while but i took it off to play with the open sights and never put it back on they are way more fun. I can group about an inch at 50m with them, and keep them on a 3" shoot'n'see if standing. i don't think i'll put the scope back on.

I had a scope on mine for a good while but i took it off to play with the open sights and never put it back on they are way more fun. I can group about an inch at 50m with them, and keep them on a 3" shoot'n'see if standing. i don't think i'll put the scope back on.

There are some bunnies in one spot I go to and no cover for 120yards, they are on the sea shore, so I am going to dial the scope in for them and then bring it back to between 70 to 80 yards for more normal areas. and use the iron sights up to about the 50 yard mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

The iron sights is one of the reasons I picked it. I'm thinking of putting a high mounted scope on top so as I can use both open sights for the closer in bunnies and the scope for the further out ones.

Started off with .22 and iron sights great fun. Now and then I strip down the other Brno and plink away. The dad and me both tried open / see through mounts at one time or another exactly for your reasons.
    Found the optics tended to be higher than you are really comfortable with due to the mounts and infact there was very little need to use the iron sights. The fixed power wide angled 40mm scopes zeroed for 55yards where able to cope with shots from 10 to 100 yards once you knew your hold over.

If I was you I'd give it a go anyway, there's nothing like knowing for yourself......

Started off with .22 and iron sights great fun. Now and then I strip down the other Brno and plink away. The dad and me both tried open / see through mounts at one time or another exactly for your reasons.
    Found the optics tended to be higher than you are really comfortable with due to the mounts and infact there was very little need to use the iron sights. The fixed power wide angled 40mm scopes zeroed for 55yards where able to cope with shots from 10 to 100 yards once you knew your hold over.

If I was you I'd give it a go anyway, there's nothing like knowing for yourself......

Picked up the new rifle today:D got the usual bits and bobs to go with it but fecker did not have any high see through mounts in the shop so will have to use low ones for time been and pick up the high ones when I see them in a shop somewere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Try Optics Wharehouse . I got a nice set of 1 inche steel rings for my older Brno off them pronto after giving them a ring. They even rang me back after they checked thier non catalogue stocks. Worth a try.

Just back after been out with the new toy. Fired 2 shots one lying down with bipod at rabbit about 70 yards and missed:mad::mad:. second one off the shoulder at about 50 yards:D:D:D

Advertisement