Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nenagh branch. Yet another car strike at a UOLC

• 04-09-2012 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

I was told last night that there has been yet another car strike on the Nenagh line caused by sheer stupidity of level crossing users.Looks like this will be added to the long and growing list of LC related incidents on RAIU. As low as the line speed is these things are constantly happening.When are people going to get through their thick heads how to use an LC. It's not that hard.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Chrisplayfair

I think thats very OTT given that you know little facts about the crash other than the obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Iolaire

It's only OTT in relation to this specific incident, in the absence of little facts (sic).

It could be said that a lot of people disengage brain from body when they encounter crossings. The effort expended by rail operators on educating people about the dangers of crossings would indicate how much of a problem this is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Driver lucky to be alive according to the newspaper reports, car rolled over after being hit but woman driver walked away with cuts and bruises.

There's a couple of gated crossings on narrow winding boreens near Birdhill, one I used when I was working on site near there was always left open. Site traffic was banned from using it eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭dowlingm

I don't usually hold to the people on here who bang on about how much money there is for motorways and HQDCs, but eliminating uncontrolled crossings on what remains of the railway network needs more capital than IE can currently allocate - even though they have been nibbling away over the last few years I think the RAIU would appreciate a lighter workload from a reduction in the number of reports they have to write.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭dowlingm

here's an area where gricers/spotters could make themselves useful - recording open crossings as they come across them.
    http://thewandererphotos.smugmug.com/2012Photos/September-2012/25212659_gskZ3K#!i=2074767638&k=H2CRgT7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭eejoynt

how about a thread
    open user worked crossings time date and number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

eejoynt wrote: »
    how about a thread
    open user worked crossings time date and number?

Will you be going out to close them all? :)

Advertisement