Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to expect at a Debs?????

• 04-09-2012 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Have my debs all set next week.. Just wondering is it the done thing to kiss your date or is she only there because you have to have a date?? And while I'm talking, what do i need to get her/her mam?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

That really is quite situation dependant. Personally, I didn't. She was there only as my date, we went as friends and that was that. :)

I got a corsage for her and a box of chocolates for her mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

It depends on the situation and who she is. Accepting an invitation to a debs isn't like agreeing to go on a date with you. It's the same as kissing someone any other time really, if she's a romantic interest and you think you have chemistry, you can go for it. If she's just a friend then don't kiss her. :L Might be best to leave it towards the end of the night in any case, so it doesn't spoil the rest of the debs if she doesn't reciprocate.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tommytwotimes

Chocolates and corsage is the job, but as for kissing your date, that depends on whether you are friends, have feelings for each other or you both have a great night and it just happens. I'd go with the have a great night and see if it happens, you never know another girl might tickle yer fancy on the night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭euddue

after bringing a girl i'd expect a kiss a the friggin least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

euddue wrote: »
    after bringing a girl i'd expect a kiss a the friggin least.

Not if she's your best friend or whatever though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Expect alot of drink and a messy night... Ah it's a great laugh though just be smart you know? With regards with shifting your date, it depends what she is to you? If you're just friends and have never been anything other than that I wouldn't say so but if you think she might be eager you could try her like. Your risk though if you're friends. If you're already after scoring with her in the past chances are you'll get it off her again if you're any good at all. Don't stress about getting a score though. Just chill out and have a laugh with your group. It's gonna be a night you should remember for good reasons as the last time ye were together as a group. With her mother... We'll I got my dates mother a bunch of flowers and got my date a corsage and chocolates. Regardless of being a nice thing to do, it's a great ice breaker...

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

i know a lot of guys who brought girls they really liked and fancied and the girls went off with some other lad...so from that point of view i'd just bring a friend and sure look if the option for a shift comes up, at the end of the day a shift is a shift

Advertisement