Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Single Tracks? Great songs never played live?

• 04-09-2012 9:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I was listening to Come Clean from Puddle of Mudd and Silver Side Up from Nickelback the other day (it was one of those moments when you realise that you listened to this stuff non stop in 2002), and I was thinking to myself that the track 'Bring Me Down' from Puddle of Mudd is actually really good and has a great riff on it.

For me it was like discovering a new song from the band because I didn't immediately associate this song with Puddle of Mudd. It got me thinking...are there many album tracks (that were never released as singles) that you really love on an album which, because of their more famous counterparts, go un-noticed.

Another track, Hangnail, from Nickelback - was on Silver Side Up...that album has sold millions, and yet, I don't think I've ever really listened to this song

For whatever reason, labels and bands decide that a song should be a single or have a video made of it...but truthfully, are there times when listening to another track on the album you wonder why that wasn't chosen as a single - and why it wasn't even played live?? Or just rarely played live??

One last famous example, Don't Damn Me, the only song from UYI1 that GNR have never played live (or never played live, depending on how you look at it)...great tune...and yet, no single, no video and no live appearances....

Comments

Advertisement