Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Debt Mediation for €13 overdraft?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

dotsman wrote: »
    Sky King wrote: »
    I fully accept the account should not be overdrawn and it's down to bad timing on my part (withdrawing just a little too much cash just before a couple of standing orders went out).

Other than this totally insignificant blip, my history is flawless, and I have 20 years of impeccable credit history with this bank. Not only this, but I put thousands through this account monthly.

My main problems are

1) None of the above seems to be worth a fking sh!t to my bank, they don't give a tuppenny fk about me, my long standing customer loyalty to their company through good times and bad, and my virtually perfect credit history.

2) Sending out a letter offering debt mediation for a €13 overdraft makes them and their business look unbelievably fking stupid... even if it IS an automated letter. As another poster pointed out, a human wrote the rules for the automation and he or she decided at that point that any overdraft, no matter how small or short lived is worth a snooty automatic generic letter and this is wrong... very very wrong.

Yes, just like a human designed pretty much every till system to generate a receipt, regardless of whether the customer is actually looking for it or not. It's very simple, everybody gets the same letter, regardless of past history, their financial standing or how hot they are - it's the same letter.

Now, if you think it's snooty, that's a personal opinion. Perhaps if you want to put up the content here for people to judge (minus any personal info), but as I said, the intention is of sending the letter is good on all counts, and is not intended to offend you!

Point is, there is absolutely no reason for everyone to get a "generic" letter.

It would be very easy to send a more subtle notification of smaller o/d's without recommending debt mediation for every overdrawn customer.

You just trigger different letters for different thresholds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

:D

I would have to frame that... and then take a photo of it and send it to the guy at the bank named on it asking him to give me a call when suits him to work out a payment plan.

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

hardCopy wrote: »
    Point is, there is absolutely no reason for everyone to get a "generic" letter.

It would be very easy to send a more subtle notification of smaller o/d's without recommending debt mediation for every overdrawn customer.

You just trigger different letters for different thresholds.

It would be easier to offer an automatic grace period for long term customers with good credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

This:

And this:
    ...... offer an automatic grace period for long term customers with good credit.

I agree with. And with respect to this:
    I would have to frame that... and then take a photo of it and send it to the guy at the bank named on it asking him to give me a call when suits him to work out a payment plan.

This:

I was going to just draw a wang on it and send it back to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Sky King wrote: »
    This:

And this:
    ...... offer an automatic grace period for long term customers with good credit.

I agree with. And with respect to this:

This:

I was going to just draw a wang on it and send it back to him

David Thorne would have great fun with those guys

Advertisement