Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fox Soccer 2go App

• 04-09-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I am posting this as it may come in handy for others. In the past I used to purchase a Sky Go monthly ticket in order to watch certain football and rugby matches. I would look at the upcoming schedule for Sky sports and buy a ticket for €50 if my teams were on and then watch on my iphone or ipad.

Yesterday I came accross the Fox Soccer 2 go website where I purchased a monthly ticket for $20 (through a VPN) which works out at about €16. They have a selection of live premier league games to watch on Saturdays at 3pm / Live Rabodirect&Aviva Rugby / UEFA qualifiers

They have iphone and ipad apps on the US Itunes store, you just need to login with the same details as the website. Also the apps are Airplay enabled so I was able to watch on my tv through my iphone using my Apple tv

I only subscribed yesterday and was able to watch a repeat of the Liverpool V Arsenal game. I will post again and advise what the quality is like for a Live game.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thegarlad wrote: »
    I am posting this as it may come in handy for others. In the past I used to purchase a Sky Go monthly ticket in order to watch certain football and rugby matches. I would look at the upcoming schedule for Sky sports and buy a ticket for €50 if my teams were on and then watch on my iphone or ipad.

Yesterday I came accross the Fox Soccer 2 go website where I purchased a monthly ticket for $20 (through a VPN) which works out at about €16. They have a selection of live premier league games to watch on Saturdays at 3pm / Live Rabodirect&Aviva Rugby / UEFA qualifiers

They have iphone and ipad apps on the US Itunes store, you just need to login with the same details as the website. Also the apps are Airplay enabled so I was able to watch on my tv through my iphone using my Apple tv

I only subscribed yesterday and was able to watch a repeat of the Liverpool V Arsenal game. I will post again and advise what the quality is like for a Live game.

Sky Sports TV app is only €5.99 per month for the iPhone, which will also work on the ipad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Thegarlad

whiterebel wrote: »
    Sky Sports TV app is only €5.99 per month for the iPhone, which will also work on the ipad.....

Was looking at that too as an alternative to the Sky Go app but I thought it was €11 a month and not €6. Anyway the reason i went for the Fox Soccer app was to choice of 3pm games on a saturday and also the airplay capability which I believe is not possible with the Sky sports App

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

You sure about that?! Looks the €50 a month here

Good find OP - how is quality on Airplay??
    Is it US commentary

Also OP do you need to VPN active while watching the sport or is it for sign-up only??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

keith_d99 wrote: »
    You sure about that?! Looks the €50 a month here

Good find OP - how is quality on Airplay??
    Is it US commentary

Thats what I'm paying anyway.
    Sky Sports app

• Advertisement

Thats what I'm paying anyway.
    Sky Sports app

Didn't realise that existed - subscribed to that a few years ago. Thought it was gone with introduction of Sky Go.

Do you jailbreak and airplay - found unwatchable on an iphone screen

Didn't realise that existed - subscribed to that a few years ago. Thought it was gone with introduction of Sky Go.

Do you jailbreak and airplay - found unwatchable on an iphone screen

Jailbreak and TV out on Cydia

Also OP do you need to VPN active while watching the sport or is it for sign-up only??

I think the commentary is from sky sports ( sounds very familiar anyway) and yes the VPN is required to watch the sport too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Sadly reviews are all shocking and doesn't like you can watch games that are shown on fox tv here in the US. Be interesting to see what delay is on the stream after the game is live before its on demand.

Op can you post a follow up review once the football is back from international break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

This channel used to be Setanta USA. They take what ever feed they can get so it should have Sky or RTE commentary for the rugby. All the premiership comes with English commentary so it wont be a yank.

• Advertisement

Thegarlad wrote: »

Ok, used to the app to watch a Live rugby game at the weekend, Northampton V Exeter, not the most exciting game but really just wanted to guage how the app fared on a live stream. All was well until 25mins from the end of the game when the app crashed, wasnt able to get the app back up and running until the match was over. Also I noticed the airplay functionality was not enabled for the live stream although it did support mirroring. Will give it another go for a live game and report back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just signed up through my USA iTunes for one month free with a promotion code. You still need a visa but my Irish Visa worked fine, nothing is taken off the visa, as the promo code kicks in.

The reason for the Visa is incase you continue with the service after the free month. I will try it out both airplay & watching Liverpool v Reading on Saturday at 3pm.

I will post back here after the match. The promo code is....XOOMFOX

another great feature of this app is the ability to watch all the premier league goals as they are scored . The app provides a 30sec video clip of a each goal, it updates every 10mins or so. At the end of the game it also gives a 3min clip of the games highlights.

Advertisement