Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is one meant to deal with bank Via Registered Letter for matters ie loan arrears?

Options
  • 04-09-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Quick Question. I have a letter of demand from an Irish bank. I was about to call them on the phone and discuss the matter but then i thought. I could possibly need evidence of my interactions with the bank just in case this goes to court so im covered.
    The letter asks me to contact the bank immediatly. Any problems with loans etc I normally call. Is it best to send your communications to registered means for the likes of mortgage arrears and other important things and not get involved in verbal communication with the bank?

Im thinking along the lines of Instead of talking verbally to the bank I will make a folder and keep copies of all my letters to them etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

It all depends on what you want to discuss.

One thing you could try is the call them, have the conversation, and then follow that up with a letter outlining what you have both agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Most of the calls to financial institutions are now recorded. Especially anything to do with loans. This protects both sides.

Advertisement