Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

compassionate leave

Options
  • 04-09-2012 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I’m entitled to 1 day off compassionate leave where I work, (father in law), however he is being cremated in England mid-week so I won’t be attending, should I still get the day off work?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

What for if you're not travelling to the funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I’m entitled to 1 day off compassionate leave where I work, (father in law), however he is being cremated in England mid-week so I won’t be attending, should I still get the day off work?

Thanks.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

HR have just approved 1 days compassionate leave, I was very surprised as the company that I work for are very rigid with time off, we have only 5 holidays a year that we can pick our selves, the rest are decided by the company, also we don't get paid sick pay, we just get exactly what we're entitled to.

Advertisement