Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIGI DIALLER HKC

Options
  • 04-09-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    im currently looking at getting an alarm for my garage,considering getting same as house alarm hkc 812 ,i want a seperate alarm on garage so wont be joining it with the house one,i have a dmtc digi dialler on the house alarm and wondering how would i go about getting same for the garage,is it possible to have two digi diallers on the eircom phone line ,?do i just run one pair cable from the line connector on the dmtc dialler for the house out to the garage and is there a limit on length of line used ,its about a 60 metre run out to the garage..if its not possible what are my options to have 2 seperate diallers and whats the difference between the one i have on the house the dmtc and the other land line dialler...thanks .

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The 8/12 is an old system now. If you want to stick with HKC look at the 10/70 .
    You can have 2 digis. The phone line should be wired in series in & out of each with the alarms getting priority over the line. 60m of a run is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

cheers Koolkid to be honest only reason i was thinking of going with hkc was the house has the 812 and dialler so was a little concerned if i got a visonic ,siemens etc with their dialler and they conflicted ? i have installed a few visonics wirelss alarms before and like them but im hearing that i shouldnt just use the gsm dialler on its own(potential for jamming etc) which would be alot easier with the garage.no need to run a phone line cable all the way out to garage.is it that big a deal only using the gsm dialler..? ie is there any cases in ireland of people actually jamming these gsm diallers,what really are the pitfalls only using this onits own to report to my phone,wont be using a monitoring station.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you are thinking of something different the Siemens would be the way to go. This would give you great options to replace the panel in the house with an expander & give you the benefits of a true split system. The cost of the expander would be the same as a digi anyway & only one digi could report events from both. You would still need a cable from the garage to the main panel. But it would give you lots of more options.

thanks again Koolkid alot of choices and options not sure what to do now :-) ,All i know is i want the garage alarm seperate from the house ,ill look into the siemens alarms ,and maybe changing out the house alarm but in fairness its not given me much problems and ideally dont want to spend to much at this time just want to get the garage protected and to inform me if the alarm is going of ,,thanks again.

Thats what I saying start off with a Siemens panel in the garage.
    The expander in the house would be the same cost as another dialer anyway.
    It could be done is stages as well. The system is very flexible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

You could add an expander to your HKC panel and an extra keypad in the garage .
    Is there a cable running from the house to the garage ?

sorry thunderbird for late reply was away...yeah im looking at the expander idea aswell..i have a 10 square swa out to shed ,am thinking of running out a 6 core alarm cable aswell and maybe another for a dialler and then decide what i want to do at least ill be wired for whatever way i go...the big thing i want is the garage to be seperate have taught about it alot and dont want it arm/disarm with the house ,i want it on prity much all the time..cheers.

The Siemens areas is really the most suitable & flexible for what you want.
    You can have the same code of a separate code.
    If you use the same code you will be offered the option Arm all or individual areas & the same with disarm.
    If you assign separate codes then it will act as a totally separate system just arming according to the code thats entered.
    You can also allow for if there was a common area. Eg a side entrance to both .
    A common area will arm automatically once both areas are armed & disarm once either is disarmed.

bazbrady wrote: »
    sorry thunderbird for late reply was away...yeah im looking at the expander idea aswell..i have a 10 square swa out to shed ,am thinking of running out a 6 core alarm cable aswell and maybe another for a dialler and then decide what i want to do at least ill be wired for whatever way i go...the big thing i want is the garage to be seperate have taught about it alot and dont want it arm/disarm with the house ,i want it on prity much all the time..cheers.

Yup you can do this with the HKC using block zones . So the keypad in the shed will only turn on off the shed and vice versa with the house
    Would be cheaper then changing the panel
    And buying extra keypads
    You could also run a cable for a gsm unit and place it in the shed so if they try jam it up at the house it can still ring out from the shed

thanks colm the siemens sounds the business and very flexible .is it as intuitive and easy to programme as the hkc,have found in the past certain siemens instrumentation a little complexed to programme(im in the instrumentation calibration field myself) although i have heard siemens have amalgamated with milltronics so believe their stuff is easier to use ..thanks again for your help.

• Advertisement

If your definitely planning on upgrading
    HKC are due ( very very soon ) to release their new IP panel .. Would definitely be worth looking into :-)

If your definitely planning on upgrading
    HKC are due ( very very soon ) to release their new IP panel .. Would definitely be worth looking into :-)

I wouldn't hold you breath there. No information forthcoming on this despite me asking multiple times.

Is the GSM and Wireless keypad now available?

Advertisement