Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRADE: Nintendo Famicom

Options
  • 04-09-2012 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

I have a Nintendo Famicom that I'm looking to trade.

Console has no power supply and has not been tested in years, but I've no reason to think it won't work.

Offers?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

RNB wrote: »
    I have a Nintendo Famicom that I'm looking to trade.

Console has no power supply and has not been tested in years, but I've no reason to think it won't work.

Offers?

It would have to be confirmed working, no point in trading for something that "might" work.
    What sort of psu do they take anyhow?
    Are there any games with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

There's every point. I was offered cash recently for it to be used as a display piece, so whether it worked or not mattered very little.

There are no games and I can confirm that it did work last time it was plugged in, but the adapter has gone missing after recent house move.

PSU's can be picked up from ConsoleGoods.co.uk for £6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

so whether it worked or not mattered very little.

To you maybe :confused: But there's a big difference in what I'd offer for a non working one, as opposed to a working one.

What condition is it in, any yellowing? Aesthetically ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Don't listen to Enternow. None of my consoles work. They just sit around the house taking up space and gathering dust.

I like to press the on button and stare at a blank screen, wondering what might have been.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Don't listen to Enternow. None of my consoles work. They just sit around the house taking up space and gathering dust.

I like to press the on button and stare at a blank screen, wondering what might have been.

Shouldn't you be like, managing something? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Shouldn't you be like, managing something? :p

Right now I am managing my head not exploding by taking a boards break. :D

To you maybe :confused: But there's a big difference in what I'd offer for a non working one, as opposed to a working one.

What condition is it in, any yellowing? Aesthetically ok?

I meant, in that instance, it didn't matter if it worked to that particular buyer.

I'll get a pic up this evening when I get in...

I meant, in that instance, it didn't matter if it worked to that particular buyer.

Weird really. A non working Famicom isn't worth much, if anything really.

Weird really. A non working Famicom isn't worth much, if anything really.

Yeah, but who am I to judge a potential buyer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Surely you mean "trader"... Should have taken the cash offer...

Surely you mean "trader"...

Nope. Meant "buyer".

Grand I'll wait for your pics cheers. Myself & Ciderman are on the hunt for Famicoms, but I personally would need to know if its functioning or not. It's the difference between offering a half eaten bag of soggy Tayto, or something actually decent.

Grand I'll wait for your pics cheers. Myself & Ciderman are on the hunt for Famicoms, but I personally would need to know if its functioning or not. It's the difference between offering a half eaten bag of soggy Tayto, or something actually decent.

Completely understand. I'll keep digging for the cable, but it seems to have sprouted legs since the move. Cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Maybe Jack Burton could do something with the aforementioned sodden potato chips, but I'll wait for a bag of Luxury King if thats ok!

I'd have to know a device is functional before I buy it.
    No one I can think of will pay money or, in this case, trade for what could be a Famicom shaped paper weight.

Maybe it'd be worth your while picking up one of those cheap psu's you mention, certainly a device that powers on and can be tested would make a better trade.
    Also, how did you get it to output onto a tv?
    Is it modded?

What manner of thing are you hoping for by way of a trade?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What manner of thing are you hoping for by way of a trade?

I'm open to anything. I'd rather not have the console sitting there, doing nothing. It deserves a better home. I've ordered a PSU and cheap game online. When they arrive, I'll give it a proper test and get back to you.

Well, if it works I'll certainly be very interested.

Any sign of the bits and bobs for the Fami yet?

Nothing yet. Post is alittle dodgy lately...

• Advertisement

:(

I have a boxed Gameboy Micro here to exchange for the Famicom if it is working fine.
    Or something else if you prefer.

Hey dude - a game arrived today to test, but still waiting on the adapter!

Sweet.

How are you going to wire that thing up to the TV?

Don't they only have a jap RF thingy that won't work on out tellys?

Any joy there with the psu?

No :-( I'm going to have to order another from a different seller. No tracking number provided and it's been 8 working days from the UK at this stage.

Something tells me it's in that special place, where all the missing socks go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

No :-( I'm going to have to order another from a different seller. No tracking number provided and it's been 8 working days from the UK at this stage.

Something tells me it's in that special place, where all the missing socks go.

Might not be coming from UK though, could be a hong kong job or just slow post.
    Don't give up hope yet.

So, assuming all is well, would you take the GB Micro for it?
    Or have you something else in mind?

That psu wasn't bought on ebay.co.mars was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Sega Megadrive mode l 1 PSU will work fine with a Famicom. Its uses a 10V DC centre negative PSU.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement