Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRADE: Nintendo Famicom

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

The Atari Jaguar psu works as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

Right, I've tried the MD1 adapter and...success! Sort of.

The picture looks like this...

71560FDD-B165-9AE3-B66A21417227A3A7.jpg

Can I assume it will need a demodulator to run through our PAL sets?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, I will offer to exchange a Gameboy Micro, boxed, outer sleeve a little damaged but otherwise everything is as new.
    Come along to the Beers on Friday and we can seal the deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

RNB wrote: »
    Right, I've tried the MD1 adapter and...success! Sort of.

The picture looks like this...

71560FDD-B165-9AE3-B66A21417227A3A7.jpg

Can I assume it will need a demodulator to run through our PAL sets?

I'd say either the RF cable is screwed, or its not tuned in correctly. They run fine on PAL Tv's afaik

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'd say either the RF cable is screwed, or its not tuned in correctly. They run fine on PAL Tv's afaik

I think a Famicom wont run on a PAL TV via RF without some sort of modification.

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »
    I think a Famicom wont run on a PAL TV via RF without some sort of modification.

Ah you may be right, I remember using Atavans on my tv but forgot I was just after AV modding it :o

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ah you may be right, I remember using Atavans on my tv but forgot I was just after AV modding it :o

Yeah, if you want to plug it in via RF to a PAL TV without modification you're best bet is to find a cheap Jap VHS player with the appropriate inputs and outputs to hook it up to the TV.
    Or get it modded of course.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a modulator here somewhere, will it help?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, I will offer to exchange a Gameboy Micro, boxed, outer sleeve a little damaged but otherwise everything is as new.

Have you got anything else to trade from the vast expanse that is your collection? :)

Have you got anything else to trade from the vast expanse that is your collection? :)

I have a psone with the screen. Pretty hard to find now.

• Advertisement

I have got some bigger pieces but, tbh, not sure an unmodded Fami is worth much more.
    The PSone with screen is fetching some decent prices as it stands.

A nice psone and screen is a very fair trade indeed for a unmodified Famicom.
    Any pics of the Famicom? Purely out of curiosity Ciderman, I'm not stealing your trade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭Goose81

Was there any differences between the famicom and the nes?
    why would someone in europe want a famicom. Excuse the ignorance just curious

Goose81 wrote: »
    Was there any differences between the famicom and the nes?
    why would someone in europe want a famicom. Excuse the ignorance just curious

It doesn't break like the NES, it's more reliable, I think it looks nicer. There are many reasons to own one to be honest.
    And of course the carts are not pointlessly large and its multi-region out of the box (as long as you have a 72 to 60 pin converter).

The video output can be an issue so you need to mod them or have adapters/converters for the RF signal (better off with the composite video mod as RF quality is poo).

72 to 60 pin converter:
    dsc2315e.jpg

NES cart in Famicom:
    dsc2316n.jpg

Famicom with regular cart(this Famicom has had a controller mod done as well in case you're wondering why they're plugged in the front):
    dsc2318k.jpg

The Famicom also has a superior sound system, substantially superior to the NES I believe

So, to the trade...
    What's up?
    Will the PS one with screen suffice or what are you looking for?

I tell you, this is taking waaaay too long to sort out.
    Someone else is welcome to do the trade, I can manage without a Famicom for a while longer.

I tell you, this is taking waaaay too long to sort out.
    Someone else is welcome to do the trade, I can manage without a Famicom for a while longer.

It amazes me sometimes how impatient people are online :-)

My apologies though, the sister-in-law had a baby end of last week and I've been away since then.

Here's a pic...

http://i.imgur.com/spMLA.jpg

So, to the trade...
    What's up?
    Will the PS one with screen suffice or what are you looking for?

Also, if it's still available, I'd like to trade for the Micro.

It amazes me sometimes how impatient people are online :-)

My apologies though, the sister-in-law had a baby end of last week and I've been away since then.

Here's a pic...

http://i.imgur.com/spMLA.jpg

Well to be fair, if someone is looking to trade something with you then some timely communication is sort of expected so that they know what the story is and if they need to look elsewhere or buy one instead of trade.
    That's just my view on things anyway.

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »
    Well to be fair, if someone is looking to trade something with you then some timely communication is sort of expected so that they know what the story is and if they need to look elsewhere or buy one instead of trade.
    That's just my view on things anyway.

Yeah, perfectly understandable. But, life has a tendency to get in the way sometimes.

Look, are you prepared to trade now?
    I am happy to do a deal with you but you haven't really given me an idea of what you want, if my recent suggestion was interesting to you.
    So, please just let me know and we can seal the deal!

Also, if it's still available, I'd like to trade for the Micro.

I did! :-)

Grand, let me know where you are based, via PM and we can meet up and exchange goodies.
    Then I'll get Enternow to AV mod the bugger!

Grand, let me know where you are based, via PM and we can meet up and exchange goodies.
    Then I'll get Enternow to AV mod the bugger!

Traded with CiDeRmAn. Enjoy :)

No need, it's AV modded already, works perfectly on my LCD tv, and the game is Bump'n Jump, and works fine too!
    Awesome!

At last :)

No need, it's AV modded already, works perfectly on my LCD tv, and the game is Bump'n Jump, and works fine too!
    Awesome!

Delighted to hear! Enjoy :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement