Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight

• 04-09-2012 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭

I am in a wheelchair and I am looking to get myself weighted. As I am in a wheelchair the normal scales do not work. So am looking for one to sit down in. Does anyone know a place in limerick (in the city would be best) Where I could do this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Maybe get in touch with the Limerick branch of the Irish Wheelchair association?

They are based on the Dock road and their contact number is 061 313 691

Your gp should be able to help you with it if the IWA cannot offer any suggestions.

Another option, although not the most dignified sounding, is maybe to place a standard weighing scales on the floor and get someone to help you sit/balance on it.

Another way that came to mind would be to get two regular weighing scales, and wheel the wheelchair onto it with one wheel on each scale. Then add the totals and subtract the weight of the wheelchair.

That's the best I can think of off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Kess73 wrote: »
    Maybe get in touch with the Limerick branch of the Irish Wheelchair association?

They are based on the Dock road and their contact number is 061 313 691

Your gp should be able to help you with it if the IWA cannot offer any suggestions.

Another option, although not the most dignified sounding, is maybe to place a standard weighing scales on the floor and get someone to help you sit/balance on it.

Another way that came to mind would be to get two regular weighing scales, and wheel the wheelchair onto it with one wheel on each scale. Then add the totals and subtract the weight of the wheelchair.

That's the best I can think of off the top of my head.

Wheelchair association is a good idea actually.

Have done the point in bold a few times but getting a bit heavier it be hard to ask someone to do it.

Another idea I heard was go to the car/truk weighing places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

Sent you a pm.;)

Advertisement