Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board advice

Options
  • 04-09-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking to buy a good alround/catch lots of waves/bang for your buck board

Looking at the 6'3" rocketfish from great outdoors 299 euro board,leash and bag incl

I have a 11" Naish SUP plus a 7'9" Bic (pretty beat up)and a 6'7" Bic (find it to be not very buoyant and bit unstable)

I think the rocketfish is good value
    or am I just been drawn in by the nice shiny board which is too small for me (im about 75kgs)

Im not looking to be a slasher

Advice pls

G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

If you find the 6'7 unstable then don't think you'll have much success with the 6'3. If you do want to go shorter I'd be looking at retro fish or fat boy models, they have more stability and make for easier paddling = more waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bagus

I was in the Great Outdoors recently.
    That rocketfish is pretty wide. It's good value too.
    75kg is light. I think it's suitable for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Board is a bit on the cheap side of things, may ding easy. Best research the brand name

• Registered Users Posts: 6 geoffduff

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciated

returned to shop today to discuss further, made sales person aware of my concerns, sales guy seems knowledgeable enough (I know he is trying to make a sale) he mentioned that as a bigger guy aprox 85k, he uses a shorter board, granted he's more experenced/better surf for sure, he felt the rocketfsh had good width and volume

http://www.sunset-surf.com/shop-BOARDS-BY-SHAPER-TAKE-OFF-SURFBOARDS,BOARDS-SURFBOARDS-SHORTBOARDS-34/6'3-Rocket-Fish-Surfboard-Package-in-V1-Grey-34

Getting the feeling from you guys that the deal might be little to good to be true

Maybe go a little bit larger, even if more expensive

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Do some research on the brand

http://community.magicseaweed.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28168

Some very good second hand boards on the market at mo, worth considering

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

geoffduff wrote: »
    Looking to buy a good alround/catch lots of waves/bang for your buck board

Advice pls

G

If you're still surfing bics isn't it time you were moving on to a decent longboard rather than checking out a 6'3 rocketfish.

Advice: Buy a decent second hand longboard.

Advertisement