Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband (10GB Usage)

Options
  • 04-09-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi, we got out phone line reconnected a couple of days ago just so that we could avail of broadband ( when we checked our old number it stated it was suitable for 8MB unlimited usage ) , when we rang up to order the broadband we were told that our line was not suitable for this package and we could only get the 1MB 10GB allowance package. we can live with the 1MB speed that is fine but the 10GB allowance seems very low?, will we be charged if we go over this limit? I just need to check before i order.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Moreilly wrote: »
    Hi, we got out phone line reconnected a couple of days ago just so that we could avail of broadband ( when we checked our old number it stated it was suitable for 8MB unlimited usage ) , when we rang up to order the broadband we were told that our line was not suitable for this package and we could only get the 1MB 10GB allowance package. we can live with the 1MB speed that is fine but the 10GB allowance seems very low?, will we be charged if we go over this limit? I just need to check before i order.

Hi Moreilly,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Just to confirm, if your exchange is not eligible for NGB then the excess charges will not apply. Although there is an allowance stated on the package, we don't currently enforce this. If the exchange were to be upgraded at a later stage to NGB, then the 10gb allowance would become active on the account.

Regards

James

Advertisement