Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ridiculous silly newbie q

• 04-09-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

Plz don't laugh!
    Never bought a cup of coffee in my life. Ordered a take away one yesterday.
    Do you ask for milk to be put through it, do you order milk seperately and add it yourself? Does it cost extra? Does everyone drink it without milk?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Depends on how you want it and where you've ordered it. Most places will provide milk separately that you add yourself. With take away, there's often a take away station with milk and sugar on it. It doesn't cost extra. Some people drink it black, some people drink milk, it's up to personal preference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you also have several other options in most coffee places.

Espresso- strong shot of coffee with very little water, very strong and probably not for a coffee newbie. :)
    Americano - espresso shot(s) with hot water added which you'd put your own milk into afterwards to make a regular coffee
    Cappuccino - shot(s) of espresso with a some hot milk added and then a lot of milk foam/froth on top, usually with a sprinkle of chocolate powder on top
    Latte - like a cappuccino, but with more milk and less froth/foam and no chocolate powder.
    (and more...)

you can also get various different sugar syrups to add to your coffee to change the flavour, like caramel or vanilla, but we're getting into the deeper end of it, so i'll stop there. :)

personally, i like the strength of a cappuccino, but i'm not a fan of a lot of foam or the chocolate powder, so i normally order a large latte with an extra shot of espresso, so i get the best of both worlds. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Thx guys. I ordered a coffee to take away from a place called the Coffee Pod opposite Cork City Library, Grande Parade, Cork. No no sign of any milk around and didn't want to look silly and ask for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Thx guys. I ordered a coffee to take away from a place called the Coffee Pod opposite Cork City Library, Grande Parade, Cork. No no sign of any milk around and didn't want to look silly and ask for it!

Why would you look silly? Lots of places put in the milk for you, rather than leaving it on the side, so you have to tell them you want it.

Was it just a regular coffee? Did they ask you whether you wanted it black or white?

Advertisement