Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issues with iPhone on Meteor

• 04-09-2012 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

welllllll i have an iphone at the moment... it was grand for 2 or 3 days then bang !! every reception/coverage bar went flat and hasnt come back up. i have no coverage where ever i go and i tried restoring it and all that ! and yes i am on metoer and yes i have read a load of places that its to do with the sim ! most of my friends have iphones on vodaphone and o2 and they never had this problem ! and my iphone is newer than theres... does anyone no if apple will look at me even though it is not originally mine ??

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Jamlad wrote: »
    welllllll i have an iphone at the moment... it was grand for 2 or 3 days then bang !! every reception/coverage bar went flat and hasnt come back up. i have no coverage where ever i go and i tried restoring it and all that ! and yes i am on metoer and yes i have read a load of places that its to do with the sim ! most of my friends have iphones on vodaphone and o2 and they never had this problem ! and my iphone is newer than theres... does anyone no if apple will look at me even though it is not originally mine ??

First thing I would do is ring Meteor and run the IMEI number by them to make sure it hasn't been reported stolen or blacklisted......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts split out and moved to new thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Jamlad

I have contacted apple and they suggested themselve that it may be a problem with the carrier 'meteor' and with there sim. I then contacted meteor and it was also suggested that there could be a problem with the sim card. I am dropping it into a store today. i will let ye know how i get on for anyone who has or is having this same similar problem. Wish me luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

if an iphone is blacklisted , is it useless forever or is there any possible way to get it to work again ??

hope its only your sim thats givin trouble !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

A blacklisted phone will work in other countries. The only way to get it removed is to ask the network that barred it. Obviously it has to verge owner to request it and not sure what way it stands if insurance have paid out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Have you checked in Settings, then Carrier if it's set to Automatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Jamlad

guil wrote: »
    A blacklisted phone will work in other countries. The only way to get it removed is to ask the network that barred it. Obviously it has to verge owner to request it and not sure what way it stands if insurance have paid out

Yes this is true. I went into meteor yesterday and they told me it was blacklisted. for me to get it unbarred the original owner of the phone would need to contact metoer to do so.

This phone was left in a lost and found for a year and a half and then sold to me .. only 200 euro so im not majorly out of pocket but i would like to get it working.

I am going to someone later who unlocks phones [to various networks] but i have heard off other people that do it that if its meteor it cant be done. Only was to do it with meteor is to be the original owner of the phone, went thru the whole contract or bought a certain amount of credit, ring them and get them to contact apple and give them the go ahead..

another option is to swap logic boards with an iphone from another country... but how the hell am i goowwnn doo dattt ?! :L

ill see what yourman says later ! wish me more luck again :L !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

There's nothing that can be done because its on meteor. Some shops or online stores have contacts in various networks that can get phones unlocked or removed from the blacklist. Currently the only networks this applies to in Ireland is O2 and vodafone and u think it's limited to just requesting the unlock

Advertisement