Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonable hotels in New York

Options
  • 04-09-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

Hi

We are travelling to New York in early Nov and are looking to find some reasonably priced hotels to check out. Any we have found so far are 2 - 3 hundred euro per night which is out of our budget.

They dont have to be based in Midtown but no further out that Woodside in Queens. Anyone got any good suggestions?

Thanks so much!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I stayed at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central on Lexington and 44th during the summer. It was about €160 a night, was within walking distance of the Empire State Building, Rockefeller centre and Central Park.
    They also did a mean Irish breakfast in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I stayed at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central on Lexington and 44th during the summer. It was about €160 a night, was within walking distance of the Empire State Building, Rockefeller centre and Central Park.
    They also did a mean Irish breakfast in the morning.

+1 stayed there last Thanksgiving. Great breakfast and cosy little bar for a late night jar! Excellent friendly staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

"Early November" takes in the mid-term break, accomodation is proving a bit of a nightmare:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

***** Moving from now defunct US/ Canada Travel forum to USA forum, which now is for both travel/ holiday and immigration/ visa/ living questions *****

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Hi folks

Thanks so much for the advice. Just a bit of an update. Had no luck with finding reasonably priced hotels (might have something to do with the midterm) so we decided to go with a vaccation apartment. I have the added benefit of having lived in New York for some time a few years ago so I am quite familiar with the different areas. I used Craigslist (had a good experience with this before as I used it to find an apartment to rent when I lived there).

Anyway we have booked an apartment in SoHo - it has 24 hour conceirge, a double room, living room, dining room, kitchen and two bathrooms. There is free wireless, cable tv and fresh linen provided every other day. It is also just a block from the subway so that makes it easy to get around. It is costing is $60 a night which is extreamly reasonable and well within our budget. I just thought I would mention this in case anyone else was in a similar situation, it might be worth looking in to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

kaza2710 wrote: »
    Hi folks

Thanks so much for the advice. Just a bit of an update. Had no luck with finding reasonably priced hotels (might have something to do with the midterm) so we decided to go with a vaccation apartment. I have the added benefit of having lived in New York for some time a few years ago so I am quite familiar with the different areas. I used Craigslist (had a good experience with this before as I used it to find an apartment to rent when I lived there).

Anyway we have booked an apartment in SoHo - it has 24 hour conceirge, a double room, living room, dining room, kitchen and two bathrooms. There is free wireless, cable tv and fresh linen provided every other day. It is also just a block from the subway so that makes it easy to get around. It is costing is $60 a night which is extreamly reasonable and well within our budget. I just thought I would mention this in case anyone else was in a similar situation, it might be worth looking in to.

Just a pity vacation rentals in NYC are illegal. I hope your apartment is real and as it is was sold to you in the ad!

Advertisement