Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick improvement projects

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

kilburn wrote: »
    I can't comment as I have commercially sensitive information but there are plans in place for a big development close to that site

Why even bother mentioning it so?! Just so you could proclaim that you had "commercially sensitive information?":confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Vanquished wrote: »
    Why even bother mentioning it so?! Just so you could proclaim that you had "commercially sensitive information?":confused:

And how commercially sensitive can it actually be when estate agents are already mentioning it in their blurb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I know something you dont know! na na na na na

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Right won't comment on it again some of you would argue with your shadows.

Right won't comment on it again some of you would argue with your shadows.

So you can't see that mentioning something and then saying I can't talk about it when asked for more information winds people up? It's not arguing with shadows. If it's sensitive and you can't talk about it, then you shouldn't mention it on the first place.

• Advertisement

Vanquished wrote:
    Why even bother mentioning it so?! Just so you could proclaim that you had "commercially sensitive information?"

Nope because it's an exciting development for the city when it's announced

Unlike others in this forum I won't disclose information that is confidential but you can keep following me Around threads picking up what I post.

I am sure An Taisce will object anyway.

So you can't see that mentioning something and then saying I can't talk about it when asked for more information winds people up? It's not arguing with shadows. If it's sensitive and you can't talk about it, then you shouldn't mention it on the first place.

Not intending to wind anyone up people post confidential information in this thread all the time which is wrong

Not intending to wind anyone up people post confidential information in this thread all the time which is wrong

I have to say, I've not seen anything posted on here that couldn't already be found in the public domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Why not post it? Nobody knows who you are on here?

If there are grounds for An Taisce to object, then surely thats a good thing

The only sites in the vicinity with redevelopment potential are the Garda station, the AIB car park and at a push the Limerick Youth Service building and the adjoining former Smyths toys premises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

The only sites in the vicinity with redevelopment potential are the Garda station, the AIB car park and at a push the Limerick Youth Service building and the adjoining former Smyths toys premises.

I think a tile shop has gone into smyths?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

Has this Butler developer started work on the Savoy Hotel project yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Smyths toys is now a church, not sure if they own or are leasing it but they've spent a lot of money renovating it.

AIB car park isn't big enough for that number of apartments.

Garda station would need to be replaced before any construction could take place there. That would be a number of years in itself between site acquisition, design, planning and construction. Any new building going on there wouldn't even begin demolition of what's there for another 5 to 7 years. That's not even taking into consideration the fact that there's a list of stations needing replacement ahead of Henry St, which isn't even on the list.

mart 23 wrote: »
    Has this Butler developer started work on the Savoy Hotel project yet.

I believe the residents are being kicked out at the end of June so I presume it'll start soon after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

If the 180 apartments is not bishops quay, then can we start to assume that the lack of movement on the bishops quay project means they couldn’t secure funding and is now dead?

mdmix wrote: »
    If the 180 apartments is not bishops quay, then can we start to assume that the lack of movement on the bishops quay project means they couldn’t secure funding and is now dead?

I've been told that they don't want to proceed with the office element, because they don't think that they can fill it. I don't know how true that is, but it would tie in with the rumours of them wanting to revert to their original plans of it being all residential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭geotrig

source wrote: »
    Smyths toys is now a church, not sure if they own or are leasing it but they've spent a lot of money renovating it.

AIB car park isn't big enough for that number of apartments.

Garda station would need to be replaced before any construction could take place there. That would be a number of years in itself between site acquisition, design, planning and construction. Any new building going on there wouldn't even begin demolition of what's there for another 5 to 7 years. That's not even taking into consideration the fact that there's a list of stations needing replacement ahead of Henry St, which isn't even on the list.
    I'm almost certain the smyths building was bought by whatever church that went into it ,was raging as I thought it had potential to be a great space for something !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Mc Love wrote: »
    If there are grounds for An Taisce to object, then surely thats a good thing

An Taisce would object to a squirrel building a tree house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I've been told that they don't want to proceed with the office element, because they don't think that they can fill it. I don't know how true that is, but it would tie in with the rumours of them wanting to revert to their original plans of it being all residential.

Might be better in the long term. With the Hanging Gardens and the upcoming Opera Centre, not to metion the new UL campus, there seems to be plenty of office capacity in the city. More high quality apartments are badly needed to complement all this new office space imo.

The full application has gone into ABP for the residential development on Pa Healy Rd. and Park Rd. Decision is due 25/7/19 http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/304530.htm

30 no. houses, 303 no. apartments, 64 no. student bedspaces and associated site works.

EDIT. Nope it's another consultation application. I should have read it properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

The full application has gone into ABP for the residential development on Pa Healy Rd. and Park Rd. Decision is due 25/7/19 http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/304530.htm

30 no. houses, 303 no. apartments, 64 no. student bedspaces and associated site works.

EDIT. Nope it's another consultation application. I should have read it properly

Think its this one - http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/304523.htm

topcat72 wrote: »

Yeah wrong link.There was an original consultation application from April. They've reapplied for another consultation.ruling, so when I saw this I thought that it was the actual full application.

The planning application for the Punches Cross development has gone into ABP.

https://twitter.com/JLeddin/status/1141004424959156226

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

The planning application for the Punches Cross development has gone into ABP.

https://twitter.com/JLeddin/status/1141004424959156226

They'll sell vey quick with the Primary school opposite it and the crescent down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

CosmicFool wrote: »
    They'll sell vey quick with the Primary school opposite it and the crescent down the road.

Primary school will be moving back to its original location soon

CosmicFool wrote: »

Unless they've changed the original plans it's mainly student accommodation for Mary I.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Via Leader Editor Eugene Phelan on Twitter:

“TOMORROW:

■A snail held up the Trump empire in Doonbeg & now in Limerick rare species of bats look set to delay a multi-million euro project “

Anybody know which project they are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

“TOMORROW:

■A snail held up the Trump empire in Doonbeg & now in Limerick rare species of bats look set to delay a multi-million euro project “

Opera Centre I reckon. Place must be full of bats.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Monorail.

• Advertisement

“TOMORROW:

The front page of the Leader says it's the Opera site, but I haven't read the article so I don't know the details,

The EIA report didn't find any rare or protected bats though.

Fauna (bats)

A common pipistrelle roost, determined to be of Local Importance (Higher value) was identified at 9 Rutland Street within the proposed development site. The maximum of six common pipistrelle bats were observed exiting and re-entering an open window at this property during three of the emergence/re-entry surveys conducted in 2017 and 2018. This suggests it is a transitory male roost or non-breeding female roost (i.e. non-maternity roost). No other buildings containing roosting bats were identified

A ‘hotspot’ of elevated bat activity valued at the scale of Local Importance (Higher) value, dominated by common pipistrelle bats was recorded in an unlit vegetated courtyard in the interior of the proposed development site, behind houses on Ellen Street. Three species of bat (common pipistrelle, soprano pipistrelle and Leisler’s bat) were observed feeding and/or commuting through the proposed development site.

There were no lesser horseshoe bat (which is the only bat in Ireland listed on Annex II of the EU Habitats Directive) recorded foraging or roosting within the zone of influence of the proposed development site.

Advertisement