Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick improvement projects

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Figerty

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Ide say the council would love the Moyross one in particular as they have plenty of land to sell off for development if it went ahead

Get a spur into shannon....from cratloe..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Figerty wrote: »

To include Bunratty, would make the most sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Maybe they want park and ride maybe in Cratloe but not useful in Moyross. Just too close to the city to warrant it. Also would people use that location?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

This is part of the LSMATS plan released in early September. (Section 9 Page 59). Despite the Leaders use of the word 'disclosure', it's been known to be part of the plan since then.
    It doesn't have to be that way.. Lets put it this way, when it's being disucssed it's already deciced.. now decide who will pay for it..
    That's a very naive statement. Irish transport infrastructure planing is littered with never built plans that got a lot further than being discussed.
    This is also mentioned in LSMATS, but really is pie in the sky. It would never pass a CBA and there is already enough PT between Limerick and Shannon via the 30 odd daily each way buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Figerty

This is part of the LSMATS plan released in early September. (Section 9 Page 59). Despite the Leaders use of the word 'disclosure', it's been known to be part of the plan since then.

That's a very naive statement. Irish transport infrastructure planing is littered with never built plans that got a lot further than being discussed.

This is also mentioned in LSMATS, but really is pie in the sky. It would never pass a CBA and there is already enough PT between Limerick and Shannon via the 30 odd daily each way buses.

Cookiemunster.. I know..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,069 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Berty wrote: »
    Maybe they want park and ride maybe in Cratloe but not useful in Moyross. Just too close to the city to warrant it. Also would people use that location?

Currently the train from Moyross to Colbert would take longer than car,bike,bus given the big loop it takes so I could only see Moyross working if coupled with a industrial estate development or a link to Shannonbut I doubt any track would get laid for a Shannon train

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

Ide say the council would love the Moyross one in particular as they have plenty of land to sell off for development if it went ahead

What value is the stop to Moyross/area nearby? How long will the train trip be to the station? It's a single line so I assume there won't be a rapid commuter train using it so it's probably just the Galway/Ennis trains that will stop when passing and this in itself will delay that train making it less feasible than it already is.

Nice idea but...

phog wrote: »
    What value is the stop to Moyross/area nearby? How long will the train trip be to the station? It's a single line so I assume there won't be a rapid commuter train using it so it's probably just the Galway/Ennis trains that will stop when passing and this in itself will delay that train making it less feasible than it already is.

Nice idea but...

I answer that just above your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

I answer that just above your post.

Limerick and Clare councils have never bothered to concentrate development near possible station locations or even lines themselves. They can't be surprised that it's not viable to open more rail services when the demand isn't there

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

An apartment development at the corner of the Dublin and Pennywell road has been refused permission by ABP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Pedestrian crossing being installed on Patrick St today. Just up from the side door of Arthurs Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Pedestrian crossing being installed on Patrick St today. Just up from the side door of Arthurs Quay.

Ridiculous why is that needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

We really need more of these on OConnell street, hard to Imagine there isnt a single pedestrian crossing between the Locke bar and beyond punches cross..(Not that i can think of anyway!!)

sioda wrote: »
    Ridiculous why is that needed
    Probably because the footpath all along one side of Patrick St/Rutland St is going to be closed for the next 3-4 years while construction is ongoing on the Opera site. It's pretty standard when a footpath is closed at busy road.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Which side of the junction, the red hen side or the council building side(on the corner that was a bank)? I ask this because many many people cross there, should I think it is needed, but they cross from the Red Hen side of the junction into Arthurs Quay, rarely from the other side of the junction.

martyc5674 wrote: »
    We really need more of these on OConnell street, hard to Imagine there isnt a single pedestrian crossing between the Locke bar and beyond punches cross..(Not that i can think of anyway!!)
    You must be thinking of a zebra crossing in particular, because there's a pedestrian crossing at every single set of lights along that stretch of road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

martyc5674 wrote:

Isn't there traffic lights at most of the junctions with the green man crossings?

Berty wrote: »
    Which side of the junction, the red hen side or the council building side(on the corner that was a bank)? I ask this because many many people cross there, should I think it is needed, but they cross from the Red Hen side of the junction into Arthurs Quay, rarely from the other side of the junction.

Red Hen side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

That's a waste of money just walk to the traffic lights 30 seconds away

kilburn wrote: »

Limerick people walk an extra 30 seconds. Are you mad

• Advertisement

kilburn wrote: »
    As i said earlier it's probably down to the upcoming construction works. There was a zebra crossing added to Lower Glentworth St and pelican crossing added to Henry St (meters from the lights at Lower Mallow St.) when the Gardens building was under construction.

A zebra crossing was also added to Cecil St where the footpath is closed for the rugby museum.

As i said earlier it's probably down to the upcoming construction works. There was a zebra crossing added to Lower Glentworth St and pelican crossing added to Henry St (meters from the lights at Lower Mallow St.) when the Gardens building was under construction.

A zebra crossing was also added to Cecil St where the footpath is closed for the rugby museum.

Whats the difference between zebra and pelican ?

At least its not traffic lights going in. Nothing worse than being stuck at a red light in the pissing rain because 1 or sometimes no one is crossing

Whats the difference between zebra and pelican ?

At least its not traffic lights going in. Nothing worse than being stuck at a red light in the pissing rain because 1 or sometimes no one is crossing

Zebra is the flashing yellow lights where the pedestrian has right of way. Pelican is the traffic light where traffic has the right of way.

Zebra is the flashing yellow lights where the pedestrian has right of way. Pelican is is the traffic light where traffic has the right of way.

Thanks. So pelican are the ones I was moaning about a minute ago then

Thanks. So pelican are the ones I was moaning about a minute ago then

Yeah, but pelicans aren't supposed to go red for traffic unless the button is pressed. They're stand alone crossings away from junctions.

Pelican actually means PEdistrian LIght CONrolled.

Yeah, but pelicans aren't supposed to go red for traffic unless the button is pressed. They're stand alone crossings away from junctions.

Pelican actually means PEdistrian LIght CONrolled.

Ive felt pretty bad before for pressing them and holding up loads of cars just for me. Theres a bicycle one I have used at Coonagh cross that stays green for people/bikes way longer than it needs to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

You must be thinking of a zebra crossing in particular, because there's a pedestrian crossing at every single set of lights along that stretch of road.

Yeah that’s what I mean - a priority pedestrian crossing where you don’t have to press a beg button.
    Is it not one of these then??

I meant to take a photo of the crossing on my way back but a fella driving from the Market direction took a right turn (against traffic) down Patrick St as I was passing. All go on that street today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I meant to take a photo of the crossing on my way back but a fella driving from the Market direction took a right turn (against traffic) down Patrick St as I was passing. All go on that street today :-)

Not the first time that happened. Saw similar a few months ago because they couldn't be arsed driving around Arthur's Quay to get to the parking spot.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The crossing from Penneys to Cruises street is crazy its there a zone is needed

Advertisement