Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick improvement projects

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Berty wrote: »
    Not as far the the planning or drawings show or even the visible building work. Look back at the links and planning number I provided. The developer of the lands is building this road in advance just to service the future building works(I guess the school is being one)

Follow this link to find better maps, can't embed them as images way too big. Use the planning number below as well when searching.

As mentioned in another post above, Limerick Council will be funding and completing the portion of road that will connect to the existing Bloodmill road.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mastershake

I was passing by the Sarfield Barracks along Lord Edward Street yesterday. There is a sizeable structure currently under construction there in plot of land adjacent to the Barracks Field. Anyone with any knowledge of what this is for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭source

I was passing by the Sarfield Barracks along Lord Edward Street yesterday. There is a sizeable structure currently under construction there in plot of land adjacent to the Barracks Field. Anyone with any knowledge of what this is for?

New gym apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

source wrote: »
    New gym apparently.

It is a new gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

https://twitter.com/DF_Engineers/status/1273202384878133249?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

A tender has gone out for preliminary design works for the UL to Scarrif greenway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Another step in the Opera project getting going. The surface carpark on the corner of Ellen St and Michael St. is now closed. The contractor for phase one (demolition and enabling works) is Sisk.
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/motoring-news/591017/limerick-car-park-closed-to-facilitate-works-on-opera-site.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

I wonder will there be any plans for the Potato market, this is now in prime location of the development. are there any long term plans to incorporate it into some bigger park once sarsfield house is gone or do we know?

dave 27 wrote: »
    I wonder will there be any plans for the Potato market, this is now in prime location of the development. are there any long term plans to incorporate it into some bigger park once sarsfield house is gone or do we know?

There was talk a few years ago of the site of Arthur's Quay park and Sarsfield house becoming linear open parkland leading to the Sylvester O'Halloran bridge, and opening up the Potato market into a park area also. With the exception of Merchant's Quay it would lead to park from Sarsfield Bridge to Thomond Bridge. But I don't know if that is being progressed or if it's just pie in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,069 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Is Sarsfield house definitely getting knocked at some stage?

I've kinda grown to like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭The_Dave

breezy1985 wrote: »

I believe so, an awful building inside, not much better to look at

That's the plan once the opera centre is built, Revenue are expected to move in there and then Sarsfield house is slated to be knocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Will it be replaced by a new building or made a park?

bb1234567 wrote: »
    There was talk a few years ago of the site of Arthur's Quay park and Sarsfield house becoming linear open parkland leading to the Sylvester O'Halloran bridge, and opening up the Potato market into a park area also. With the exception of Merchant's Quay it would lead to park from Sarsfield Bridge to Thomond Bridge. But I don't know if that is being progressed or if it's just pie in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

bb1234567 wrote: »

Hopefully it will be made into a park

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Hopefully it will be made into a park

Probably a bit of both. Would definitely be nice to open up the riverside walk properly rather than that ugly gated area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Would be great if that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

walked over Thomond Bridge and around to St Mary's Cathedral at the weekend with intention of walking through Potato market and behind Hunt Museum to Arthurs Quay park. very disappointed to see the gates were closed off. The 3 bridges walk is a great amenity, hundreds out on all the riverside areas. best part of limerick imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its the Civic Trust that lock it apparently

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Was that Sunday morning? I ran through that way around 9:00 am on Saturday and everything was open.

• Advertisement

Don't know why it gets closed at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭adaminho

Mc Love wrote: »
    Its the Civic Trust that lock it apparently

It's the council from what I heard. I spoke to a councillor about it earlier in the summer. As an aside I only found out a few weeks ago that there used to be apartments in Sarsfield house!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

adaminho wrote: »
    It's the council from what I heard. I spoke to a councillor about it earlier in the summer. As an aside I only found out a few weeks ago that there used to be apartments in Sarsfield house!

I saw some video about those apartments recently too, and it mentioned four apartments that were for sale years ago. Used to always think it would be great to have a penthouse apartment in Sarsfield House.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

My wife and I got locked in to the park behind the Hunt Museum one evening. We walked in the Potato Market side, sat on a bench for a while and went to exit via the Sarsfield House side, but it was locked. Walked back to the Potato Market entrance and that had been locked too! We ended up having to climb over the fence at the front onto Bridge Street ��

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

eljono wrote: »
    My wife and I got locked in to the park behind the Hunt Museum one evening. We walked in the Potato Market side, sat on a bench for a while and went to exit via the Sarsfield House side, but it was locked. Walked back to the Potato Market entrance and that had been locked too! We ended up having to climb over the fence at the front onto Bridge Street ��

I thought the gate a Sarsfield House could be opened from the inside using magnetic catch release rather than a lock.

phog wrote: »
    I thought the gate a Sarsfield House could be opened from the inside using magnetic catch release rather than a lock.

In fairness I wouldn't have known that either if I got locked in there

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

In fairness I wouldn't have known that either if I got locked in there

Well it's a pass code/card that open's the gate from the outside for people that berth their boats behind the Hunt so I just assume it's a release button form the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Was that Sunday morning? I ran through that way around 9:00 am on Saturday and everything was open.

sunday afternoon - 2 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

See the Council's Twitter page has up about the CPO of the unfinished multi story car park on Ellen St.

https://twitter.com/LimerickCouncil/status/1331941042233487362

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Shaneg4

Junction improvement at the courtbrack rd, I wonder where Kellehers are going to move to if this has funding approved as they are supposed to be getting cpo'ed and demolised to make that road wider.
    Traffic lights to be synced and timed better, courtbrack to be reduced to 1 turning lane, bike lanes etc.

Can't link as new account but it's on my point

Advertisement