Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick improvement projects

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mastershake

Outline of the proposed works to take place at the junction. Significant enough changes that I would expect will lead to delays on the Dock road. I assume the main purpose of this is to improve delivery access to the docks? There will be a significant land grab as shown by the blue line outlining Kellehers current premises.

Ekx3X2AXYAMcI1_?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 26,069 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Outline of the proposed works to take place at the junction. Significant enough changes that I would expect will lead to delays on the Dock road. I assume the main purpose of this is to improve access to the docks?

Ekx3X2AXYAMcI1_?format=jpg&name=large

Absolutely useless cycling lanes as usual from the council. To get through that junction you would have to dismount 3 times just to get through it and any cycle lane in the city that is at the same level as the path gets ignored by pedestrians making it unusable to cyclists
    You can expect me and plenty of other cyclists to not use it and stay on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah they really know how not to design an intersection even though there is a whole guide on it in the DMURS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Why would anyone want to cycle down Atlas Avenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Commuters going to and from work?

• Advertisement

No harm having lanes anywhere there is room but the council need to actually set a standard for them and not just paint colours on a path or that stupid yoke on the bridge that has no entry point from the condell road side

exactly - there's no joined up thinking. Can you imagine if they did it with roads? Like the cycle lane in Ballinacurra. It starts and stops just randomly - there's no transition from the road to the cycle path or from the cycle path to the road cycle lane at the other side.

Mc Love wrote: »
    exactly - there's no joined up thinking. Can you imagine if they did it with roads? Like the cycle lane in Ballinacurra. It starts and stops just randomly - there's no transition from the road to the cycle path or from the cycle path to the road cycle lane at the other side.

Condell Tesco roundabout one throws you round a blind corner right in to a traffic light pole/pedestrians on the Ennis rd exit and all of the roundabout ones in Limerick launch you back on to the road just as the car is exiting the roundabout.

The on path ones are full of lamp posts and yield signs. Imagine as a car driver if you were driving through an estate and had to yield for every driveway cause that's what some cycle paths do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

I see they are laying bollards and armadillos on the bike lane on Clonmacken road the last few days. I rarely cycle in that lane as the surface has started to break up - these improvements aren't going to convince people to cycle in there as there is no room to avoid the surface and once inside the armadillos, you can't get out to easily.

Additionally, if anyone in the council is watching in here - could you please complete the road sweeping of the Condell Road. One side was done early last week and the outbond lane was left untouched. I wonder how they intend to sweep this new sectioned off bike lane ?

I see they are laying bollards and armadillos on the bike lane on Clonmacken road the last few days. I rarely cycle in that lane as the surface has started to break up - these improvements aren't going to convince people to cycle in there as there is no room to avoid the surface and once inside the armadillos, you can't get out to easily.

Additionally, if anyone in the council is watching in here - could you please complete the road sweeping of the Condell Road. One side was done early last week and the outbond lane was left untouched. I wonder how they intend to sweep this new sectioned off bike lane ?

That red paint crap that they put on the cycle lanes ruins them. They are either broken up into shards like Pa Healy road or sloped on making the lane like rumble strips like Dooradoyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭adaminho

I see a load of planter/benches were dropped in Parnell Street today. They're still in the wrap and not planted yet.

the council finished sweeping both sides of Condell Rd now but there is a horrible greasy mucky residue still on the cycle lane. It really needs another good sweeping now. The parts by the 2 construction sites is oweful.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭manna452121

the council finished sweeping both sides of Condell Rd now but there is a horrible greasy mucky residue still on the cycle lane. It really needs another good sweeping now. The parts by the 2 construction sites is oweful.

Keep a lookout for the new poles on the cycle lane heading from the Condell road to Jetland centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Keep a lookout for the new poles on the cycle lane heading from the Condell road to Jetland centre

Will that stop all the parents letting their kids off for school?

mrsoundie wrote: »

Is there a school round there?

Didn't think they were needed there I never see cars parked or driving in it. But I could be wrong I wouldn't pass there that often

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Didn't think they were needed there I never see cars parked or driving in it. But I could be wrong I wouldn't pass there that often

When there's a match on the place is like a car park.

MarkR wrote: »
    When there's a match on the place is like a car park.

Dooradoyle is the same when Garryowen play.

Those bollards are awful to look at but sadly they are the solution not the problem.

Its the people parking there that's the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭adaminho

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Dooradoyle is the same when Garryowen play.

Those bollards are awful to look at but sadly they are the solution not the problem.

Its the people parking there that's the problem
    Won't Someone think of the double parkers!

https://twitter.com/EmmettOBrienIND/status/1332329720130711552

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Incredible. A fella representing Kildimo and Pallaskenry complaining about a cycle lane in Limerick City Centre.

• Advertisement

He's some troll

Incredible. A fella representing Kildimo and Pallaskenry complaining about a cycle lane in Limerick City Centre.

Plenty of his voters won't care where the lane is as long as he is putting it up to the cyclists. It's one of the weirder things to have gotten so political recently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Love the fact he's tagging Flannerys about not getting deliveries when their kegs get dropped on William Street.

I use that lane a good bit happy to see the bollards tbh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

sioda wrote: »
    Love the fact he's tagging Flannerys about not getting deliveries when their kegs get dropped on William Street.

You'd imagine a qualified barrister would have the brains to phrase his Tweets more appropriately. It doesn't exactly strike confidence in the average Joe to see this kind of carry-on.

mrsoundie wrote: »

You probably thinking of the Condell Road. These new bollards are on the Clonmacken Road - no schools anywhere near there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

sioda wrote: »

Also tagging the wrong Flannerys.

The Dutch and the Belgians seem to cycle and drink more than the rest of the world combined and they manage deliveries some how on them battered old streets so I'm sure Wickham st. Will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I've seen city councillors post recently about water outages etc outside of the area in the city that they represent. I suspect its partially to do with getting the name out there in prep for a future General Election run.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Advertisement

Wey hey we finally get started on Limerick2005 or whatever the 5 year plan was called back then

Advertisement