Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick improvement projects

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

breezy1985 wrote: »
    There is no empty lot. I assume you mean the Eir staff car park
    It may be used as a car park, but its still an empty lot. There once were (and hopefully soon will again be) buildings there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,069 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

It may be used as a car park, but its still an empty lot. There once were (and hopefully soon will again be) buildings there.

Not empty though is it. Car park in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭adaminho

There once was a bacon factory there, should we bring that back? It seems that a certain city car park (Which is also on a former bacon factory site) objected to the provision of car park spaces there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

adaminho wrote:
    There once was a bacon factory there, should we bring that back? It seems that a certain city car park (Which is also on a former bacon factory site) objected to the provision of car park spaces there.

They object to everything in that area development wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

What was the last update on O’Connell street upgrade?

• Advertisement

mdmix wrote: »
    What was the last update on O’Connell street upgrade?
    The contract has been awarded to Shareridge.
    https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/Supplier/PublicTenders/ViewNotice/239832

With the lockdown I don't see work starting anytime soon though.

Can't wait till it's finished so we can get a thread where we can complain about illegal parking the whole length of the new bus lane

Can't wait till it's finished so we can get a thread where we can complain about illegal parking the whole length of the new existing bus lane

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

The contract has been awarded to Shareridge.
    https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/Supplier/PublicTenders/ViewNotice/239832

With the lockdown I don't see work starting anytime soon though.

Road infrastructure is essential surely?

Road infrastructure is essential surely?
    Improving the streetscape is not road infrastructure. It's definitely not essential.

• Advertisement

adaminho wrote: »
    FYP

Where is the bus lane on O'Connell St. ?

Where is the bus lane on O'Connell St. ?

Outside the Augustinians is a bus stop, most people wouldn't know that though with the amount of double parking there! Try get the 301 whilst someone is "just getting a snackbox!"

adaminho wrote: »
    Outside the Augustinians is a bus stop, most people wouldn't know that though with the amount of double parking there! Try get the 301 whilst someone is "just getting a snackbox!"

Ah get you now same on all the stops on the street.

All construction is 'due' to be back from Feb 1st, but the government could decide different. Good to hear the start is imminent though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Improving the streetscape is not road infrastructure. It's definitely not essential.

Improving- LOL!!

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Improving- LOL!!

I dont get the joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭source

I dont get the joke

There was massive public backlash against the plans but the council decided to push on with the plans that most people aren't happy with.

source wrote: »
    There was massive public backlash against the plans but the council decided to push on with the plans that most people aren't happy with.
    Some people aren't happy about it. Most people don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭source

Some people aren't happy about it. Most people don't care.

Let me rephrase then the majority of people who made submissions on the project aren't happy about it. As with polls, that information can be extrapolated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Does anyone have a link to finalised plans?

source wrote: »

Public backlash usually means the plans are really good but some auld ones are crying about change.

Just like Catherine st. Thomas st. and any other time anyone tried to do anything in this town to convert any space on all the 4 lane roads around town

Few things here it wasn't auld ones complaining that is just incorrect and ageist.

I believe it was Liveable Limerick who were most vocal against the plans.

Have you seen the actual plan versus proposal it's night and day totally rubbish lacking imagination.

Might be having a brain melt moment but I don't recall any 4 lane roads in the city centre.

Lastly Limerick is a city not a town......

kilburn wrote: »
    Might be having a brain melt moment but I don't recall any 4 lane roads in the city centre.

Off the top of my head:
    Lower Mallow Street
    Henry Street (between Mallow St & Cecil St)

Off the top of my head:
    Lower Mallow Street
    Henry Street (between Mallow St & Cecil St)

Shannon, Roches, Catherine and many others have 4 lanes of road 2 mixed use and 2 just to park your car

kilburn wrote: »
    Few things here it wasn't auld ones complaining that is just incorrect and ageist.

I believe it was Liveable Limerick who were most vocal against the plans.

Have you seen the actual plan versus proposal it's night and day totally rubbish lacking imagination.

Lastly Limerick is a city not a town......

Sorry if I upset the auld ones the complaints do cross age and gender.

Liveable Limerick are against it because the believe it doesnt go far enough down the pedestrian route which is fine with me but not a reason to do nothing till then in my opinion.

I grew up in Limerick City I know what it is but anyone from Limerick should surely know that terms like "heading to town" or "towns mobbed" are common sayings in the city

Fully aware of that thanks for the clarification!

But the issue here is the council and their lack of creativity, imagination and ambition not auld or young ones complaining about change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

The council have issued a tender for the making safe and tidying up of the Lock Quay Harbour Buildings at the canal. I imagine works to actually convert them to be reused will be decided on later

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mart 23

Aldi have received approval for their store on Roches Street from the Council. I will be surprised if it does not go to ABP.

• Advertisement

As I predicted the O'Connell St revitalisation is not an essential project and won't be starting until restrictions are lifted.
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/605315/covid-19-restrictions-delay-start-of-major-revitalisation-project-in-limerick.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Advertisement