Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick improvement projects

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

zulutango wrote: »
    Society

I and thousands of others must have missed the memo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

phog wrote:
    I and thousands of others must have missed the memo

You must have alright. In city planning all over th developed world cars are fourth in the pecking order behind cycling, walking and public transport.

zulutango wrote: »
    You must have alright. In city planning all over th developed world cars are fourth in the pecking order behind cycling, walking and public transport.

Are you saying cities all over the developed world don't have office blocks and work sites similar to East City Plaza?

From the Examiner
    140 jobs are being created in Limerick and Mayo.

Technology company WP Engine is to create 100 jobs over the next three years with the opening of its new Technical Support & Innovation Centre in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

phog wrote: »

Where in Limerick?

• Advertisement

Treepole wrote: »
    Where in Limerick?

I don't know but it's a good news story anyway for the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Treepole wrote: »
    Where in Limerick?

Think I remember reading a while back that they were interested in office space down by Harveys Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Think I remember reading a while back that they were interested in office space down by Harveys Quay.

They are in Patrick St at the moment but the plan is to move to Dominick St :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

You would fit probably 100 people on one relatively big floor in any office in the city ie a floor in riverpoint or any of the newly built ones in Henry st etc

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

dave 27 wrote: »
    You would fit probably 100 people on one relatively big floor in any office in the city ie a floor in riverpoint

You wouldn't fit them into Riverpoint, certainly not the upper floors. I was in a few of them in the last few years and they're really for the office of 10-20 professionals who need a meeting room, 3 - 5 individual offices and not much more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

bazz26 wrote: »
    The plans for that development are not just limited to office space. As I said take City West in Dublin as an example, the fact it's not in Dublin city centre makes it appealing to a multitude of firms and businesses.

That's all that's mentioned in the planning applications and promo videos. What else is proposed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Vanquished wrote: »
    The construction of the Towlerton link road from Golf Links road to Groody road is also required

Any idea when this will go ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

pigtown wrote: »
    That's all that's mentioned in the planning applications and promo videos. What else is proposed?

I read some time back that there was a private clinic/medical centre planned for there.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

conditional planning permission granted for two commercial office buildings at City east plaza, Ballysimon, same complex as where Northern trust is.

file 16693, apparently one of the upcomming job announcements is linked in with this office development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Long shot but does anyone know if there is any additional funding or grant stream as part of Limerick 2030?
    I work with a business that have recently purchased a fairly high profile building in the city centre and that needs a good bit of work done to it. Just wondering if there is any possibility of funding as part of 2030?

panda100 wrote:
    Long shot but does anyone know if there is any additional funding or grant stream as part of Limerick 2030? I work with a business that have recently purchased a fairly high profile building in the city centre and that needs a good bit of work done to it. Just wondering if there is any possibility of funding as part of 2030?

No harm contacting the newly set up Twenty Thirty development company but I'd say there's nothing available (officially). They're looking at developing a few key sites and I doubt they're in the business of doling out grants.

How many jobs are going to be announced for that build actually? Must be a few hundred?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

dave 27 wrote: »
    How many jobs are going to be announced for that build actually? Must be a few hundred?

You'd imagine a decent few hundred but I'd say they'll have to fill them first before they know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There's been an objection to the planned development on the quays by a resident in the riverpoint development

Mc Love wrote: »
    There's been an objection to the planned development on the quays by a resident in the riverpoint development

Only one? That's not bad at all. I figured there'd be loads. There usually is for a big development.

• Advertisement

To be fair if riverpoint got the go ahead a few years back There's no reason why this shouldn't

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The details of the objection are here Basically a resident complaining that the development will be overlooking their apartment and affecting their privacy. Oh and this line is used "hugely negative impact on the value of my property and standard of living".

I can't see the objection being upheld, but if the design is crap and the place turns into a white elephant, then he'd have a point. Haven't seen the design myself, apart from the images that were circulated in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

The irony and hypocrisy of a resident of a highrise complex complaining about the impact of a highrise development!

Even if Limerick Council decide not to uphold the objection. I have no doubt the resident will appeal to An Bord Pleanala. Which will delay the project by around 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Vanquished wrote: »
    The irony and hypocrisy of a resident of a highrise complex complaining about the impact of a highrise development!

Even if Limerick Council decide not to uphold the objection. I have no doubt the resident will appeal to An Bord Pleanala. Which will delay the project by around 6 months.
    An Taisce are the ones that could cause significant upset

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

you couldn't make that up. a person living in a high rise objecting to another high rise because he will loose some of his privacy, what's he getting up to....
    good job hes not living in London or New York, he'd never cope...

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

panda100 wrote: »
    Long shot but does anyone know if there is any additional funding or grant stream as part of Limerick 2030?
    I work with a business that have recently purchased a fairly high profile building in the city centre and that needs a good bit of work done to it. Just wondering if there is any possibility of funding as part of 2030?

Leamy House???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Leamy House???

I wish!That's my favourite building in limerick :)

Today is the last day for submissions regarding the Bishop's Quay development.

I had a look through it and what struck me was that in early planning meetings the developer wanted it to be primarily a residential development, but the Council insisted on it being an office development first and foremost.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Looks like the upgrade works on Parnell St and Davis St are about to start. https://t.co/OnUGx9GrFq
    18 weeks seems VERY optimistic though.

Advertisement