Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick improvement projects

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

It looks a lot narrower than the images depicted. Has the contra-flow cycle lane been retained?

Surely, given that it got planning under part 8 that the design can't be changed after planning was granted?

It looks a lot narrower than the images depicted. Has the contra-flow cycle lane been retained?

Surely, given that it got planning under part 8 that the design can't be changed after planning was granted?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

I noticed last night that the first section of new paving is down on Davis St. outside the railway hotel.

The path is slopping inwards towards the premises side, if the storm drains block for any reason then the path and or the premises will flood.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

zulutango wrote: »

Do we know what actually got permission? The only images I remember seeing were pre planning. The final design could have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

They altered the plans slightly after consultations with traders etc. Footpath widths at various points along Davis Street and Parnell Street were tweaked. Can't recall if the cycle lane on Davis Street was maintained. The amended plans must be on the council website somewhere.

• Advertisement

Can't find anything on the Council website. It would be a shame if the footpaths were narrowed and/or the cycle lane removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mart 23

Hi Has there been a contractor appointed to Int gardens project yet. ?

Can't find anything on the Council website. It would be a shame if the footpaths were narrowed and/or the cycle lane removed.

Here are the amendments that were made to the original plans.

Loads of lovely bollards for Davis Street!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I work on Davis St and I know the traders were arguing that the wider footpath should be on the side of the street where all the businesses are situated, not on the side with a taxi rank, ambulance entrance and residential properties. Looking at that it looks like it was flipped to the side with shops, b&bs and pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

any news on UL moving to Coonagh cross ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

goochy wrote: »

None, because they're not moving to Coonagh Cross.

LIT are supposed to be moving a department there, but the planning has been appealed to ABP by An Taisce.

Hi

Its not Ul is looking to move to Coonagh but LIT . Their application to develop at Coonagh is presenly with An Bord Pleanala as An Taisce has appealed it. A verdict is due in late may.

LIT are supposed to be moving a department there, but the planning has been appealed to ABP by An Taisce.

You got there before me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

None, because they're not moving to Coonagh Cross.

Helpful post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

There's a planning application in for a 12 bedroom guesthouse above Limerick Travel on Bedford Row with gym and sauna in the basement. Limerick Travel won't be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Seems from their facebook page that The Old Fire Station Restaurant (on Thomas Street) has finally opened. Menu is a bit underwhelming but, then again, I'm neither vegan nor vegetarian, so I'm probably not the best person to judge it.

Hi Is there any news yet about when consruction will start on the International gardens project

mart 23 wrote: »
    Hi Is there any news yet about when consruction will start on the International gardens project

Gardens International is the title they are going with. It was meant to be on site a few months back.

Gardens International is the title they are going with. It was meant to be on site a few months back.

Q1 2017 was the only time frame given. The closing date for tenders was only mid January so they were never going to be onsite months back.

• Advertisement

Q1 2017 was the only time frame given. The closing date for tenders was only mid January so they were never going to be onsite months back.

Brosnan himself said January.

Brosnan himself said January.

Well you know as well as I do that when tenders didn't close until January, that was never going to happen.

There's signage up at the site for JJ Rhatigan. I'm presuming this means they've been awarded the construction contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I won't hold my breath. What's the craic with Patrick Street? And Sarsfield House?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

It 100% is correct. Jj Rhatigan has won the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

I won't hold my breath. What's the craic with Patrick Street? And Sarsfield House?

Patrick St. should be going for planning in the summer. It'll be interesting to see some plans for the site. Sarsfield House won't change until the revenue move into their new building on Patrick St. I think it's a great location for a dlrLexicon style library and cultural centre. Just remove the two lower floors to create a link between the proposed new park and the Custom House Park/Potato Market, and then reclad the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 It Follows

"Sarsfield House won't change until the revenue move into their new building on Patrick St. I think it's a great location for a dlrLexicon style library and cultural centre. Just remove the two lower floors to create a link between the proposed new park and the Custom House Park/Potato Market, and then reclad the building".

A few years ago a local landscape architect came up with a speculative plan for three new plazas/squares by the Shannon. One would be in front of King John's Castle, another would be a redeveloped Potato Market and another would be a small plaza behind the Hunt Museum. He pointed out that Sarsfield House would have to be removed as it blocks out the sun shining on the back of the Hunt Museum, which would discourage people using it.

His idea was to replace Sarsfield House with buildings no bigger than the custom house, which would have shops/cafes/restaurants. The 2030 Plan went a bit further and came up with the idea that there should be a park with no buildings whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 It Follows

"I won't hold my breath. What's the craic with Patrick Street? And Sarsfield House?"

Plans have just been announced for a major €100 million office development in Galway city centre. It would be interesting to see which will get completed first, the Galway development or Gardens International offices...

• Advertisement

It Follows wrote: »
    "I won't hold my breath. What's the craic with Patrick Street? And Sarsfield House?"

Plans have just been announced for a major €100 million office development in Galway city centre. It would be interesting to see which will get completed first, the Galway development or Gardens International offices...

The Gardens seeing as construction will (re)start the week after next and the Galway plans are still just plans. In fact I'd expect the 15 story building on Bishops Quay to be passed by ABP and under construction before anything even gets passed planning in Galway.

Advertisement