Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork people heading to the 25th Thingy

Options
  • 04-09-2012 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭

Well who is making the trip up? I'll be going anyway. Do ye plan to stay over in Dublin or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Well, with my planned trip to Oz being put off until early next year, I shall be making the trip up after all! :)

Also, I plan on spending the weekend up in Dublin as well ( Friday - Sunday. ) Anyone else who is willing to spend the weekend in Dublin should travel up the day before if possible ( unless of course, you only plan on coming up for the day of the event. )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'll be heading up anyway. Don't know about staying over though, maybe if I have the money

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Cool, I'll prob try and stay in Dub for the weekend too, although I'm not 100% sure right now. Once I get some coin together I'll have a better idea.

I might chill at the place I stayed before, think it was called the pearse hotel or I might just go to Isaacs once again.

Anyone else know where they are/ might be staying yet?

I'll probably stay in Isaacs again myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pdaaaawg

How far away is Isaac's from The Exchange?

• Advertisement

Don't take my word for it but I'm fairly certain it's about a 15-20 minute or so walk to the Exchange from Isaacs.

Don't take my word for it but I'm fairly certain it's about a 15-20 minute or so walk to the Exchange from Isaacs.

Well, how is the hostel in general? I'm looking for some info about it.

Their site: http://www.isaacs.ie/

And a personal note, they're a good place to rest to your head and the showers work, which is all that matters really. They do a basic breakfast as well but I preferred getting a fry up elsewhere on the morning of an event.

Their Wifi wasn't working with my laptop ( don't think it agreed with it for some reason ) the last time I was there but it should generally work. The other facilities were good as well ( though I never used them as I spent most of my time away doing FG related stuff. )

Their site: http://www.isaacs.ie/

And a personal note, they're a good place to rest to your head and the showers work, which is all that matters really. They do a basic breakfast as well but I preferred getting a fry up elsewhere on the morning of an event.

Their Wifi wasn't working with my laptop ( don't think it agreed with it for some reason ) the last time I was there but it should generally work. The other facilities were good as well ( though I never used them as I spent most of my time away doing FG related stuff. )

I noticed about it being a hostel. What rooms do u guys normally get?

I can't speak for the other guys but I personally stayed in the 16 bed dorm as I don't mind sharing with others and it's cheap, I assume those who have gone there before me did likewise.

Some people also stayed in the Pearse Hotel but that is more expensive but is a proper hotel room and all that stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I've stayed in a good few hostels around Dublin at this point and Isaac's is definitely my favourite. In my experience the staff there are the most helpful and laid back, everything works and the pints in the little beer garden are savage. I've always shared rooms with strangers too and never had a bad experience. It's most definitely a party hostel though.

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Isaacs-Hostel/Dublin/107/reviews

That's the review page from hostel world so you can get other peoples opinions. Like I said I'd recommend it above other hostels.

Yep, I'm gonna stay at Isaacs I'd say. Hopefully they got some air-con this time though! Btw lads, the aircoach to Dublin is only 18e from Cork to Dub at the moment, it's an online only offer.
    Isaacs is around 30e for 2 nights too, good deals son.

So im guessing that most of u are staying during the nights of Friday/Saturday? Because we could probably meet up during that time too.

Do u guys sometimes share rooms together rather than just sharing it with complete strangers?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

Ya ill be heading up aswell, not sure yet if i can stay up there it would make things much easier if i can ill try stay in isaacs aswell.

Pdaaaawg wrote: »
    So im guessing that most of u are staying during the nights of Friday/Saturday? Because we could probably meet up during that time too.

I'm pretty sure that's what the majority of us have planned anyway :)
    We all meet before we get the bus up and then pester each other for the weekend. :P
    Pdaaaawg wrote: »
    Do u guys sometimes share rooms together rather than just sharing it with complete strangers?

I think we're all just going for the cheapest plan to be honest (16 Bed mixed dorm).

So lads, what is the latest in regards to booking? I just want to be able to do this in the next few days.

Doubt I'll be going at this stage, funds aren't looking to good :/

WasterEx wrote: »
    Doubt I'll be going at this stage, funds aren't looking to good :/
    Same, I'm afraid :/

What time are people heading up tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Hey mack it doesn't look like I'll be going up on friday at all. I had a surprise bill so I need to take it easy money wise. I think I might be able to get a lift on saturday morning, or failing that just a train. Sorry for short notice.

• Advertisement

no bother, see you at the tournament!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

I'll be up there from about 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rhino n Chips

I'll be getting the Kent station train up, If the 8:30 got there 5 minutes earlier, I'd chance it but I gotta get the 7am one :S
    Getting up early to play videogames. That's just. not. RIGHT.

I'm on the 7am one as well Rhino :P

Oh cool, I'll try to find ya, maybe I should run around the train yelling "Valormeeeeeer!!!"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

just leave something easily recognisable on the table, like a controller.

lads try and get a good nights sleep tonight, we got that train up for the EVO qualifier one year were feeling pretty wrecked by two or three. we were falling asleep all over the place

I'll most likely be playing my PsVita Got Mahvel on it. Last minute practice before I head up I'm sat in the first Cab after First class near the door. Seat D06 if you want to hunt me down!

shouldn't be late anyway have a great alarm clock passing by my window from 5 on the morning on!

• Advertisement

I'm in seat E61, Maybe now I can figure out what the hell I'm doing at one of these events :S
    And bringing lots of pick-me-ups, my strategy is to catch all of the Tekken players off by being full of caffiene and sugar >:D

Advertisement