Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech Disable Panic Button

Options
  • 04-09-2012 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi
    I have an Aritech Alarm CS2512 Picture of Panel shown. There are two panic buttons on the system I want to disable & remove one of them. I have the engineers code and am currently at the Inputs Menu. I have the number for the panic button also.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Goto inputs > Zone Type & change to unused.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

Thanks KookKid for the reply have not had a chance to try this yet will do so in the morning and post back!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Just noticed something. Are these 2 panic buttons on the one zone?
    If so the above method will disable both.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Just noticed something. Are these 2 panic buttons on the one zone?
    If so the above method will disable both.

Yes both are in the one zone. The system was setup in one zone, which I would like to change into seperate zones, but thats another question. If I could just disable the one panic button if possible, as I am removing completely. Do you think I can do this with the two of them being in the one zone??

You can , but you will need to physically disconnect it. Can you open the one you want to disconnect & post a pic or describe the connections inside it.

• Advertisement

Hi Koolkid,
    I have the switch disconnected at the moment, as I have the panel in engineer's mode, so its not reporting a tamper signal. The system is in a retail unit, the panic button was located under a counter. The counter is now being moved, the electrics and the alarm cat v cable were coming up underneath the counter (via a channel in the floor coming down from the ceiling via a wall). Since the counter has being moved I am now left with a bunch of wires that I want to disable as they can;t be pulled through the trunking, the panic button at the moment is disconnected and wires are bare.
    If I come out of engineers mode, the system will report a fault so this is why I want to close off where the panic button was connected. I hope you can follow what I am saying.
    I attach Pics.
    Alarm Pic1 is the Panic Button Opened before I disconnected it.
    Alarm Pic2 is some sort of a joiner that connects the CatV cable to another cable running to the Panic Button
    Alarm Pic3 same as above.

There were 3 CatV Cables running into the counter 2 were for Phone /Data Line and third was for Alarm.
    I want to cut all three and leave up in ceiling out of sight as they will not be used again, unfortunately I cannot follow the alarm cat v back up to the ceiling as the cables are running under the a concrete floor in trunking I don't know which one is the Alarm Cat V when they appear out of the trunking as they all look the same if I knew which was which when it comes out of the trunking I could cut and re join the panic button and leave hidden out of sight in ceiling and would not need to disable it at the panel.

Sorry for the long post, if its any help if you want to PM me a number and suitable time and I could call you to discuss further.
    I don't really want to go down the route of calling the company who installed the system as they're min callout is €200 approx.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this

Koolkid,
    Further to my previous post, if I come out of Engineers mode what is going to happen the alarm (as said previously the panic button is now disconnected wires bare) is it going to just show up as a fault and cannot arm.
    I mentioned about three CATV cables 3 in total and I cannot pull these through the trunking 2 are not needed if I cut all three CAT V cables and connect the panic button to each in turn (while Alarm in Engineers mode) once I connect to the correct Alarm CATV the circut will be connected again and I can leave the panic button in place.
    I would be cutting these before they enter the trunking at suspended ceiling level, panic button then will be out of sight here and there will no need to disable.
    Sorry about the long winded post trust you can follow.

Cheers,

Ger.

Advertisement