Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet for kids

• 04-09-2012 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi there,

My sister is looking at getting two tablets for xmas for her two kids. I am a complete novice in the area an was wondering if someone could give some advice on what to get. The kids are 5 and 9.

She is looking at paying in the 150-250 range.

I presume they will be used mainly for games, youtube etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

How about something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LeapFrog-LeapPad-Explorer-Tablet-Pink/dp/B004Z7H15Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1346887301&sr=1-2

I'm looking for a tablet for my daughter as well...don't really want to break the bank...just for games and education really, don't want to have full internet browsing available to her for a good few years yet.

Let me know what you think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

My sister got these for her kids last year, they would have been under 2 and 4. Neither has much interest in them, both much prefer playing with an ipod/ipad.
    Probably a cheap android would be a better bet, especially for a 9 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

There is a thread over on bargain alerts on some cheap tablets that might be suitable.

I've just ordered a Cube U20GT for my son's 9th. birthday next month. It works out at around €150 but could be caught by customs for some tax on top of that.

Amazon have just announced the 2nd. Gen Kindle Fire and Fire HD but they don't deliver them to Ireland so you would need to use family in the US or UK or use parcel motel or deliverme.ie to trans-ship them.

Other than that there is the Google Nexus 7 costing €239 at HMV.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement