Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living and Working Abroad in the Canary Islands.

Options
  • 04-09-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Don't think i've ever posted on this forum here on Boards. But i've read a fair few threads, because I've done a lot of searching and googling around on the subject. What I'm really looking for is other's experiences.

I'm 21, (22 in February) and I'm in college. Failed my repeats so I am going back next month to repeat 3rd year again. The way things work out, I am only repeating until January, meaning I'm free to do whatever I want until October 2013. Basically I have an 8 month period, where I can do and go wherever I please.

I headed over to Santa Ponsa twice this summer and loved it. Met some great people and most of the were working over there. This got me thinking about heading over next year and I said I'd ask on Boards if anyone has done something similar.

The reason I want to go to the canaries is, based on experience, it's a lot cheaper. It's further away than the balerics and I definitely want to go to a resort.

The main things I want to ask about is working and living in a holiday resort for the summer. When is the best time to head over to the Canaries (probably Tenerife)? How much should I bring with me, moneywise? Apply for jobs before I go? How easy is getting jobs? And just any general things you've experienced while being over there.

I know people who've done this sort of thing in Mallorca and Ibiza, but never in Tenerife or Lanzarote or anything.

The reason I'm asking so far in advance of going is so I can save up sizable amount to bring with me and plan it out properly.

Cheers.

Advertisement